Salvation is 100 % a Gift of Gods Grace !

Status
Not open for further replies.

beloved57

Majority of men today dont believe nor understand that Salvation through Christ is 100 % by Grace. Rom 5:15

15 But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

Jesus Christ death for His Sheep is by Gods Grace Heb 2:9;13:20

He Himself is the Gift of God Jn 4:10

Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.

Faith is the Gift of God Eph 2:8 because we believe through Grace Acts 18:27 !

beloved57

Again Faith, or Believing on Christ for Salvation is a Gift given Phil 1:29

For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

The word here given is the greek word charizomai derived from charis Grace, as in
  1. a gift of grace

1. to give graciously, give freely, bestow And the word bestow means:

1. to present as a gift; give; confer (usually followed by on or upon):
        The trophy was bestowed upon the winner

beloved57

Forgiveness of sins, Pardon, the cancellation of the sin debt, is a Gift. Again Phil 1:29 where it says they're given to believe on Christ, a Gift, that same word for given carries with it the truth of forgiveness, its the word charizomai and means:

1. to grant forgiveness, to pardon

Paul uses it in Rom 8:32

He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up[As a Gift] for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

He gives forgiveness/pardon to those He delivered up Christ for. Its a Gift with Christ ! Thats why they're Justified as a Free Gift Rom 4:25 !

Nanja

Forgiveness of sins, Pardon, the cancellation of the sin debt, is a Gift. Again Phil 1:29 where it says they're given to believe on Christ, a Gift, that same word for given carries with it the truth of forgiveness, its the word charizomai and means:

1. to grant forgiveness, to pardon

Paul uses it in Rom 8:32

He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up[As a Gift] for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

He gives forgiveness/pardon to those He delivered up Christ for. Its a Gift with Christ ! Thats why they're Justified as a Free Gift Rom 4:25 !

Amen to parts 1 thru 3 !

Christ's Sheep are given Grace to Believe on Him Phil. 1:29; Acts 18:27 by the Working of the effectual Power of God on their behalf.

Eph. 1:19
And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

beloved57
Majority of men today dont believe nor understand that Salvation through Christ is 100 % by Grace.

Exactly ! False religion teaches that men believe by their own freewill choice, which is blasphemy against the Power and Grace of God: exalting the will of the created thing over the Sovereign Will of God Eph. 1:11.

genuineoriginal

Majority of men today dont believe nor understand that Salvation through Christ is 100 % by Grace. Rom 5:15

15 But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.
When a sovereign is pleased by someone else and rewards that person for pleasing him, this is called a gift of grace.
God will not give a gift of grace to someone that does not please him, for then it would not be given from grace.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Amen to parts 1 thru 3 !

Christ's Sheep are given Grace to Believe on Him Phil. 1:29; Acts 18:27 by the Working of the effectual Power of God on their behalf.

Eph. 1:19
And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

beloved57

Exactly ! False religion teaches that men believe by their own freewill choice, which is blasphemy against the Power and Grace of God: exalting the will of the created thing over the Sovereign Will of God Eph. 1:11.

Do you believe in John 3:16?

John 3:16 New International Version (NIV)

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

genuineoriginal

False religion teaches that men believe by their own freewill choice
The Bible teaches that men have to believe by their own free will choice in order to be saved.

, which is blasphemy against the Power and Grace of God: exalting the will of the created thing over the Sovereign Will of God

Matthew 22:29
29 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.​

Nanja

The Bible teaches that men have to believe by their own free will choice in order to be saved.

False !

Unless a person is Saved by the Grace of God, his own believing is a work of the flesh that can't please God Rom. 8:8.

Eph. 2:8-9

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works [ergon], lest any man should boast.

G2041: ergon

1. business, employment, that which any one is occupied

a. that which one undertakes to do, enterprise, undertaking

2. any product whatever, any thing accomplished by hand, art, industry, or mind
an act, deed, thing done: the idea of working is emphasized in opp. to that which is less than work

genuineoriginal

False !

Unless a person is Saved by the Grace of God, his own believing is a work of the flesh that can't please God .
A person must believe of their own free will, as shown by the parable of the two sons:

Matthew 21:28-32
28 But what think ye? A certain man had two sons; and he came to the first, and said, Son, go work to day in my vineyard.
29 He answered and said, I will not: but afterward he repented, and went.
30 And he came to the second, and said likewise. And he answered and said, I go, sir: and went not.
31 Whether of them twain did the will of his father? They say unto him, The first. Jesus saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you.
32 For John came unto you in the way of righteousness, and ye believed him not: but the publicans and the harlots believed him: and ye, when ye had seen it, repented not afterward, that ye might believe him​

Nanja

A person must believe of their own free will, as shown by the parable of the two sons:

Matthew 21:28-32
28 But what think ye? A certain man had two sons; and he came to the first, and said, Son, go work to day in my vineyard.
29 He answered and said, I will not: but afterward he repented, and went.
30 And he came to the second, and said likewise. And he answered and said, I go, sir: and went not.
31 Whether of them twain did the will of his father? They say unto him, The first. Jesus saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you.
32 For John came unto you in the way of righteousness, and ye believed him not: but the publicans and the harlots believed him: and ye, when ye had seen it, repented not afterward, that ye might believe him​

I just showed you from scripture, that unless a person is born again, his believing is a work of the flesh that cannot be please God !

Now you must interpret all the rest of the scriptures in light of that Truth 1 Cor 2:13 !

And that's only possible by one who has been Chosen to belief of the Truth 2 Thes. 2:13.

genuineoriginal

I just showed you from scripture, that unless a person is born again, his believing is a work of the flesh that cannot be please God !
No, you didn't show me that.
You showed me an example of the logical fallacy called Equivocation

In logic, equivocation ('calling two different things by the same name') is an informal fallacy resulting from the use of a particular word/expression in multiple senses throughout an argument leading to a false conclusion. It is a type of ambiguity that stems from a phrase having two distinct meanings, not from the grammar or structure of the sentence.​

You claim to have faith without works.
Prove it.

James 2:18
18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.​

beloved57

All of Salvation is by Grace, had not God chosen some by Grace there would be no Salvation at all Rom 11:5-7

5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

Salvation is only for a remnant of mankind, thats why its of Grace.

Here are grace scriptures related to Salvation:

Rom 3:24

24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Titus 3:7

7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

Eph 2:5,8

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Faith/Believing is because of Grace Acts 18:27

27 And when he was disposed to pass into Achaia, the brethren wrote, exhorting the disciples to receive him: who, when he was come, helped them much which had believed through grace:

Rom 4:16

16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

beloved57

The One and True God saves 100% by His Sovereign, Discriminate, Grace, yet the difference lies not within man, but His Own Pregative Rom 9:15,18

For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth

See He doeth according to His own Will Dan 4:35

And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?

However mans religion tells us that God saves according to mans will, obedience, or efforts ! Such denies Grace Rom 11:5-6

5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

Salvation cant be by Sovereign Grace and mans obedience at the same time !

beloved57

And we by Him !

1 Cor 8:6

6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

As believers in the True God and Christ, it is so by the doing of Jesus Christ. Believers, Saints are by Him, because of Him and His Grace.

Paul said it another way here 1 Cor 15:10

10 But by[dia] the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.

He said we believe because of Grace, the same prep is used dia Acts 18:27

27 And when he was disposed to pass into Achaia, the brethren wrote, exhorting the disciples to receive him: who, when he was come, helped them much which had believed through[dia] grace:

Peter wrote we believe in God by Him, Christ 1 Pet 1:21

Who by[dia] him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.

Its by His Grace, which is Sovereign !

John Gill writes on 1 Cor 8:6

And we in him: or "for him": as creatures we are not only made by him, but live in him, and are supported in him, and by him, and are created for his glory: though this seems rather to respect what believers are, as new creatures; they are in God; they are interested in him as their covenant God, and in his everlasting and immutable love; they are engraven on his hands, and set as a seal on his heart; they are "into him", as it may be rendered; they are brought into nearness to him, and communion with him; and are "for him", are chosen, redeemed, regenerated, and called for the glorifying of his grace, and to show forth his praise.

beloved57

Becoming a believer is all of Grace, a Creation of God. Its 100% of Grace, since becoming a believer is the outcome of Gods creative workmanship Eph 2:8-10

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

The word for gar is a reason word, an explanation word. It looks back to its preceding Vs 9 and Vs 8. Becoming a believer is the from the creative domain and power of God.

God says of believers/Christians Isa 43:7

Even every one that is called by my name[Christian]: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him.

A believer is the workmanship of Gods Grace in Christ !

God by His Grace through Christ makes out of nothing, a believer in Christ, we are His handiwork.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
God, not man, is 100% responsible for salvation.

Man, not God, is 100% responsible for accepting the gift of salvation offered by God.

God did not decide man's choices for him, but decided that man would have the ability and freedom to make his own choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.