Salutations all

lukecash12

For those interested, my name is Luke. I'm an irishman, a private person, musicologist and virtuoso musician, a Christian, and a know-it-all jackass. At least, that's what a scholar is essentially, right?

In terms of theology, I am non-denominational and relate to Christians of all different sorts. More specifically, I am a Trinitarian, against the primacy of the Apostolic See or any Orthodox order, because of my position on Christian history and biblical scholarship, and lastly I think of salvation in terms of Mere Christianity, in that any person who has faith in Jesus Christ is in the family, no matter the theological views.

Why am I here? My grandfather was a Greek scholar with a Master's in Divinity, and I'm largely like him. In terms of professional experience and degrees, I support arguments and cite facts, that's all you need to know. Ask me to cite a fact or support an argument, and I will not be obtuse, I will cite the argument and support the fact like any classically trained gentleman. That's one of my pet peeves, when P1 and P2 don't imply C, and someone hasn't the basic education required to see that, yet they are engaging in debate on an academic subject (an example of my jackassery).

With all of that said, I am courteous. I have my views, yet I am a courteous man and will never insult, condescend, use ad hominem argumentation, belittle, or willingly offend unless it is incidental to presenting a logical case.

keypurr

For those interested, my name is Luke. I'm an irishman, a private person, musicologist and virtuoso musician, a Christian, and a know-it-all jackass. At least, that's what a scholar is essentially, right?

In terms of theology, I am non-denominational and relate to Christians of all different sorts. More specifically, I am a Trinitarian, against the primacy of the Apostolic See or any Orthodox order, because of my position on Christian history and biblical scholarship, and lastly I think of salvation in terms of Mere Christianity, in that any person who has faith in Jesus Christ is in the family, no matter the theological views.

Why am I here? My grandfather was a Greek scholar with a Master's in Divinity, and I'm largely like him. In terms of professional experience and degrees, I support arguments and cite facts, that's all you need to know. Ask me to cite a fact or support an argument, and I will not be obtuse, I will cite the argument and support the fact like any classically trained gentleman. That's one of my pet peeves, when P1 and P2 don't imply C, and someone hasn't the basic education required to see that, yet they are engaging in debate on an academic subject (an example of my jackassery).

With all of that said, I am courteous. I have my views, yet I am a courteous man and will never insult, condescend, use ad hominem argumentation, belittle, or willingly offend unless it is incidental to presenting a logical case.

You sound a little like me. This should be fun as long as it does not get nasty. Welcome to TOL.

john w

Hall of Fame
"With all of that said, I am courteous. I have my views, yet I am a courteous man and will never insult, condescend, use ad hominem argumentation, belittle, or willingly offend unless it is incidental to presenting a logical case."-lukecash

Great, LC! You can offset some of us wacko, mean spirited, intolerant, offensive, arrogant,.... KJB believing "MAD" heretics on this site, who are in a cult, and "chop up/slice up" the volume of the book.

bybee

Welcome! I already love you for so many reasons!
Not the least of which is that you are an Irish gentleman!
I am not a trained scholar theologically but I am in quest of knowledge and answers. So forgive me in advance if I take up your time with what may seem mundane to you. I can handle courteous rebuke!