Sacrifices

Aimiel

Because we're responsible for His Death. His Blood was required for our salvation. It's our sins which caused Him to have to die.

Vail Lifted

BANNED
Banned
Wrong. Jesus NEVER sinned.

A person doesn't need to actually sin to die. They die because "in Adam all die". Death passes to all through Adam's sin. It simply means that the same nature Adam had we have. And that nature has been condemned to return to its native earth. Jesus shared that same nature and was under that same death penalty for having been a son of man. And that's what it means to have sinned in Adam. Rom 5:12

He was put to death illegally
Jesus confessed to be king of the Jews. Caesar was the only king. That's what the Jews who wanted him put to death for blasphemy said. The Romans had no choice but to agree to the crucifixion because of Jesus' confession to be king of the Jews.

Because He was put to death never having deserved the wages of sin (death) He is allowed to impute His Death to whomsoever He wills. That is you and me. We get His Life in exchange for our death which He suffered. His Death was not because He sinned. The ONLY reason that He was able to die is the fact that Scripture states that whosoever is hanged upon a tree is accursed. He didn't hang Himself; so He did not sin. He became sin, for our sakes. He died the death of someone who is accursed, even though He never sinned. That mis-carriage of justice is what allows Him to substitute His Death for ours. We have paid our debt to sin: death, by partaking of His Death. We now have His Eternal Life in exchange for it. That's how God looks at us as if we've never sinned. Our death-sentence has been paid in full. Jesus died in our place. He never sinned. He didn't deserve death. Had He not been hanged upon a tree: He never could have died.

If Jesus died in your place then you will never die. But the fact is, you will most certainly die. Why? Because flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God. Why? Because the flesh and blood nature is sinful and therefore mortal.

Because Jesus was of the same flesh and blood nature death also had lordship(dominion)over him. What was judged (condemned) on the cross was the sinful nature we all share (Rom 8:3).

The only way a flesh and blood person can be said to never die is if they are changed in the twinkling of an eye to a spiritual body or be raised from the dead a spiritual body incorruptible (immortal).

Aimiel

A person doesn't need to actually sin to die. They die because "in Adam all die". Death passes to all through Adam's sin. It simply means that the same nature Adam had we have. And that nature has been condemned to return to its native earth. Jesus shared that same nature and was under that same death penalty for having been a son of man. And that's what it means to have sinned in Adam. Rom 5:12
No one is responsible for the sins of another. I don't owe for my dad's sins and my son doesn't owe for mine. That's a misunderstanding of Scripture that's been made into false doctrine. Children are born sinless. They have, by nature: a sinful nature, but aren't sinners. Jesus was NOT a sinner. Your misunderstanding makes Him into a sinner.
Jesus confessed to be king of the Jews. Caesar was the only king. That's what the Jews who wanted him put to death for blasphemy said. The Romans had no choice but to agree to the crucifixion because of Jesus' confession to be king of the Jews.
No, they used that as an excuse that the Romans would swallow, just like the Democrats are trying to get us to impeach Trump for collusion that he didn't commit: it's political. Using lies to gain one's desires. They wanted Jesus put to death so that the status quo would be kept.
If Jesus died in your place then you will never die. But the fact is, you will most certainly die. Why? Because flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God. Why? Because the flesh and blood nature is sinful and therefore mortal.
I don't doubt that my flesh will one day fail me, but my Savior promised me that I would never see Death.
Because Jesus was of the same flesh and blood nature death also had lordship(dominion)over him. What was judged (condemned) on the cross was the sinful nature we all share (Rom 8:3).
He had human nature, yes, but not sinful nature (being all God, in The Flesh).
The only way a flesh and blood person can be said to never die is if they are changed in the twinkling of an eye to a spiritual body or be raised from the dead a spiritual body incorruptible (immortal).
Wrong. Adam and Eve would still be alive today and never die, had they never sinned. Jesus never sinned, and so: death had no business touching Him. His death was ONLY possible because of the curse that came upon Him due to having been nailed to a tree.

Vail Lifted

BANNED
Banned
No one is responsible for the sins of another. I don't owe for my dad's sins and my son doesn't owe for mine. That's a misunderstanding of Scripture that's been made into false doctrine.

Your first father was Adam. Adam's sin brought death to all. Because Adam sinned you will die. The death sentence for Adam's sin was passed to all because all sinned when he sinned. That simply means that by progeny everyone is of the same sinful flesh as Adam. And it is that sinful flesh and blood which cannot inherit the kingdom of God.

Children are born sinless. They have, by nature: a sinful nature, but aren't sinners. Jesus was NOT a sinner. Your misunderstanding makes Him into a sinner.

The sinful nature is what cannot inherit the kingdom of God. Jesus was born with the same sinful nature as everyone else. Or he would not be a son of Adam or man. To say that Jesus was sinless means that he personally committed no sin. Just as the child who is born having not yet personally sinned. But the child is of sinful flesh and has been sentenced to die being in Adam.

No, they used that as an excuse that the Romans would swallow, just like the Democrats are trying to get us to impeach Trump for collusion that he didn't commit: it's political. Using lies to gain one's desires. They wanted Jesus put to death so that the status quo would be kept.I don't doubt that my flesh will one day fail me, but my Savior promised me that I would never see Death.

Amen, amen I say to you: If any man keep my word, he shall not see death for ever. Douay-Rheims Bible.

The passage says that the believer will not see death FOREVER. It means that the believer will be raised to life eternal at his coming. And live forever in the world to come though he die in this world. it does not mean that the believer would never die! Or else you create contradiction in the Scripture.

Paul says it is appointed unto all men once to die. All therefore have an appointment with death.

He had human nature, yes, but not sinful nature (being all God, in The Flesh).Wrong. Adam and Eve would still be alive today and never die, had they never sinned. Jesus never sinned, and so: death had no business touching Him. His death was ONLY possible because of the curse that came upon Him due to having been nailed to a tree.

If Jesus had not our sinful nature then he was not a son of Adam or man.The Scripture says that when Jesus was raised from the dead: "death no more has dominion over him". Death had lordship over Jesus just as it has over all man who come from Adam.

Oleander

The sacrifices under the old covenant were a shadow of the true sacrifice. Jesus.

The sacrifices under the old covenant were to make atonement for sin. The High priest would enter the most holy place with the blood of the sacrifice to make atonement for himself and the people. The high priest had to do this every year because a new sacrifice had to be continually made every year for sins. Jesus' sacrifice, as High Priest, need only made once for all because he ever lives to make atonement by his one time sacrifice.

The point being, that the blood of bulls and goats could never make the people perfect and give them eternal life. Even the High Priest died. There was always a consciousness of sin and therefore a new sacrifice.

The sacrifice system was a man made practice. God deny He ever command such practice.

Jerm. 7:22 God never ask or command them to such practice.

The Jews learned these things from their neighbors not from God or the prophets.

Aimiel

Your first father was Adam. Adam's sin brought death to all. Because Adam sinned you will die. The death sentence for Adam's sin was passed to all because all sinned when he sinned. That simply means that by progeny everyone is of the same sinful flesh as Adam. And it is that sinful flesh and blood which cannot inherit the kingdom of God.
I'm not punished due to Adam's sin, since no one is responsible for the sins of others. Yes, men are sinful by nature, no, children are not born sinners. Your premise is in error. Children are not responsible for their sin until they learn right from wrong. You just aren't paying attention.
The sinful nature is what cannot inherit the kingdom of God.
Jesus didn't have that, being all-God.
Jesus was born with the same sinful nature as everyone else.
No, He was born the son of Mary and The Son of God. He cannot have two natures. He has The Nature of God.
Or he would not be a son of Adam or man.
He was Mary's son, but without sin.
To say that Jesus was sinless means that he personally committed no sin.
Yeppers.
Just as the child who is born having not yet personally sinned.
True indeed.
But the child is of sinful flesh and has been sentenced to die being in Adam.
I don't buy that. Jesus redeemed us from death and I believe that innocent children don't see death, either. Their flesh fails, but their spirit is spared from death and the punishment of sinners: hell.
Amen, amen I say to you: If any man keep my word, he shall not see death for ever. Douay-Rheims Bible.

The passage says that the believer will not see death FOREVER. It means that the believer will be raised to life eternal at his coming. And live forever in the world to come though he die in this world. it does not mean that the believer would never die! Or else you create contradiction in the Scripture.
Not really. You're just not getting the concept. Those who are in Christ don't see Death coming for them (the demon-spirit who brings death) they see Christ. We are spirit-beings who have a soul (personality) and live in a body. When our body dies, it isn't death that our spirit comes to, it is life eternal. Time isn't observed the same way in Heaven as in earth.
Paul says it is appointed unto all men once to die. All therefore have an appointment with death.
Not me. I've been redeemed from the curse. I have an appointment with The Creator of Life: Jesus. He promised me that I would never see Death. I'll take His Word over yours, any day.
If Jesus had not our sinful nature then he was not a son of Adam or man.
If He had a sinful nature, He wouldn't have The Fullness of The Godhead bodily dwelling in Him.
The Scripture says that when Jesus was raised from the dead: "death no more has dominion over him". Death had lordship over Jesus just as it has over all man who come from Adam.
Jesus didn't ONLY come from Adam. He came from Heaven and that which is Holy is completely incorruptible. Had He never hanged from a tree: He never could have died.

Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

Oleander

Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

>>>Are you sure?

Acts 5:30 the God of our father raised up Jesus, whom they slew and hanged on tree.

see Acts 10:39, 13:29, 1 Peter 2:24

Vail Lifted

BANNED
Banned
I'm not punished due to Adam's sin, since no one is responsible for the sins of others. Yes, men are sinful by nature, no, children are not born sinners. Your premise is in error. Children are not responsible for their sin until they learn right from wrong. You just aren't paying attention.Jesus didn't have that, being all-God.No, He was born the son of Mary and The Son of God. He cannot have two natures. He has The Nature of God.He was Mary's son, but without sin.Yeppers.True indeed.I don't buy that. Jesus redeemed us from death and I believe that innocent children don't see death, either. Their flesh fails, but their spirit is spared from death and the punishment of sinners: hell.Not really. You're just not getting the concept. Those who are in Christ don't see Death coming for them (the demon-spirit who brings death) they see Christ. We are spirit-beings who have a soul (personality) and live in a body. When our body dies, it isn't death that our spirit comes to, it is life eternal. Time isn't observed the same way in Heaven as in earth.Not me. I've been redeemed from the curse. I have an appointment with The Creator of Life: Jesus. He promised me that I would never see Death. I'll take His Word over yours, any day.If He had a sinful nature, He wouldn't have The Fullness of The Godhead bodily dwelling in Him. Jesus didn't ONLY come from Adam. He came from Heaven and that which is Holy is completely incorruptible. Had He never hanged from a tree: He never could have died.

When we talk about sinful nature what are we talking about? We are talking about FLESH! We are talking about the flesh of sin.

Jesus came in the flesh. Therefore Jesus came in the flesh of sin or as the NIV states: the "sinful nature".

God condemned that flesh of sin when Jesus made himself a sacrifice or sin offering for sin.Rom 8:1-3

Therefore Jesus was NOT a substitute but a representative man...in the flesh.

And to deny this is to be a deceiver and have a spirit of antichrist. 2 John 1:7

Aimiel

Jesus was NOT sinful. He was sinless. You need to check your lying tongue. Yours is a spirit that isn't in line with God's Word, not mine. :nono:

Vail Lifted

BANNED
Banned
Jesus was NOT sinful. He was sinless. You need to check your lying tongue. Yours is a spirit that isn't in line with God's Word, not mine. :nono:

When the Scripture says Jesus was without sin it means that he personally committed no sin. There was no sin found in him. However, Jesus was flesh. He was of the same flesh as his brethren. And that flesh is called "flesh of sin" or "sinful flesh". It is how a man can be tempted to sin and transgress the law of God. If Jesus was not of that same flesh then he could not have been tempted in all points as we are. Sin is defined as transgression of the law of God. Jesus never transgressed the law of God and therefore never sinned.

To deny that Jesus was of the same flesh as his brethren is to be a deceiver and an antichrist. You have been deceived into being an antichrist if you deny that Jesus had come in the flesh.

Aimiel

When the Scripture says Jesus was without sin it means that he personally committed no sin. There was no sin found in him. However, Jesus was flesh. He was of the same flesh as his brethren. And that flesh is called "flesh of sin" or "sinful flesh". It is how a man can be tempted to sin and transgress the law of God. If Jesus was not of that same flesh then he could not have been tempted in all points as we are. Sin is defined as transgression of the law of God. Jesus never transgressed the law of God and therefore never sinned.

To deny that Jesus was of the same flesh as his brethren is to be a deceiver and an antichrist. You have been deceived into being an antichrist if you deny that Jesus had come in the flesh.
I don't deny that He is come, in The Flesh. In point of fact: He is come in my flesh. He is present with me, always. He promised me that He would never leave me or forsake me. I do deny that He lived in 'sinful' flesh, since in Him dwells the fullness of The Godhead, Bodily. You're anti-Christ, calling His Flesh: sinful. Meditate on that the next time you take Holy Communion.