Sabbath

keypurr

I said
I didn't see the difference either but he did. I think he was talking about the old testament law vs the new testament law.

No, he was teaching how and why to keep his law. It is not a line drawn in the sand, it is a way of life. Be holy as he is holy, love as he loved. Do for God and mankind, not for earning salvation. The law is not a burden when done out of love my friend. The truth is not in you if you love the Lord yet ignore his law. Jesus Christ told you that he is Lord of the Sabbath. Ask yourself why he said that.

Sent from my iPad using TOL

keypurr

that is what squeaky is talking about.

and animal sacrifice is part of how to worship or love God.

I do not think that is what Squeak is talking about. He has discarded the Ten as no longer needed. The Sabbath is listed before killing, stealing, lying, etc. The Sabbath is part of the love God with all your heart. If you love some one, you please them. If you love God then you will keep his seventh day Sabbath. Simple.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I do not think that is what Squeak is talking about. He has discarded the Ten as no longer needed. The Sabbath is listed before killing, stealing, lying, etc. The Sabbath is part of the love God with all your heart. If you love some one, you please them. If you love God then you will keep his seventh day Sabbath. Simple.

I believe Jesus explained what the "keep the Sabbath" means. That's the difference between Sabbath keepers and the others.

clefty

I said
That is the most resent. He also said not to go by Jesus' law but to go by Gods law. And remember Christians can condemn themselves if they approve the wrong person.

Rom 14:22
22 Do you have faith? Have it to yourself before God. Happy is he who does not condemn himself in what he approves.
(NKJ)

"Think not..." means exactly that He did NOT come to destroy or alter or end the law by fulfilling it...

He can do NOTHING of Himself but everything in accordance to His Father's will...

He kept His Father's will and remained in His love and asked that we do the same...

NOTHING contrary or to alter or abrogate His Law was added by Him...

You only reject 1 of the 10...

The one He establishes Himself as Lord by...Lord of the Sabbath...who instructed prayers be said that during future times of trouble the Sabbath would be kept...

John the revelatory understands clearly "here are they that keep the commandments of God and the testimony of Jesus..."

One Law same Law...

meshak

BANNED
Banned
"Think not..." means exactly that He did NOT come to destroy or alter or end the law by fulfilling it...

Jesus fulfilled the law by straitening out what it means to follow God.

OT people did not fully understand God's love. Jesus fulfilled by explaining and show the examples.

keypurr

I believe Jesus explained what the "keep the Sabbath" means. That's the difference between Sabbath keepers and the others.

What we do, we do for him, not us.

My life would have been a lot easier and more comfortable if I did not wish to please my God. But the price paid was worth the battle.

keypurr

He can do NOTHING of Himself but everything in accordance to His Father's will...

He kept His Father's will and remained in His love and asked that we do the same...

NOTHING contrary or to alter or abrogate His Law was added by Him...

You only reject 1 of the 10...

The one He establishes Himself as Lord by...Lord of the Sabbath...who instructed prayers be said that during future times of trouble the Sabbath would be kept...

John the revelatory understands clearly "here are they that keep the commandments of God and the testimony of Jesus..."

One Law same Law...

Amen

meshak

BANNED
Banned
What we do, we do for him, not us.

My life would have been a lot easier and more comfortable if I did not wish to please my God. But the price paid was worth the battle.

what does this have to do with what I said?

keypurr

what does this have to do with what I said?

Agreeing that how and why the Commandments are kept is what matters. Jesus taught that to us. The intent of the heart in the content of his Ten is the road to pleasing our creator.

To disregard Sunday as the Christian day of worship is a sin to society. One must choose to either please God or the foolishness of our early church fathers. Folks who hold dear to tradition will never see the truth oh how to please God.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Agreeing that how and why the Commandments are kept is what matters. Jesus taught that to us. The intent of the heart in the content of his Ten is the road to pleasing our creator.

To disregard Sunday as the Christian day of worship is a sin to society. One must choose to either please God or the foolishness of our early church fathers. Folks who hold dear to tradition will never see the truth oh how to please God.

If you believe worshipping God is on Sunday, it is ok. If you don't, then don't.

I believe that's what Jesus says.

keypurr

But Sabbath keepers claim it is sin to worship God on Sunday.

This Sabbath keeper thinks sin is a transgression of the Ten. One can worship any day but God says to remember his Sabbath. It is listed in the Ten before the do not murder, or do not steal commands. The Sabbath is showing that you know who the creator is.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
This Sabbath keeper thinks sin is a transgression of the Ten. One can worship any day but God says to remember his Sabbath. It is listed in the Ten before the do not murder, or do not steal commands. The Sabbath is showing that you know who the creator is.

So you believe it is sin to worship God on Sunday?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
No, he was teaching how and why to keep his law. It is not a line drawn in the sand, it is a way of life. Be holy as he is holy, love as he loved. Do for God and mankind, not for earning salvation. The law is not a burden when done out of love my friend. The truth is not in you if you love the Lord yet ignore his law. Jesus Christ told you that he is Lord of the Sabbath. Ask yourself why he said that.

I said
Yes to keep the law of Christ and part of the law of Christ is not to keep the old testament law.

Luke 16:16
16 "The law and the prophets were until John. Since that time the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is pressing into it.
(NKJ)

Matt 11:12-13
12 "And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force.
13 "For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.
(NKJ)

Heb 7:12
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)

Gal 6:2
2 Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.
(NKJ)

Jesus said He was also Lord of the Sabbath, to let us know that we can follow Him even if we don't keep the Sabbath. Jesus was telling us that He is calling everyone to be a Christian whether they keep the Sabbath or not. Keeping the Sabbath was old testament law. It is no longer a law.

Mark 2:28
28 "Therefore the Son of Man is also Lord of the Sabbath."
(NKJ)