Sabbath

clefty

Why did the Sabbath change from Saturday to Sunday?

Some Christians decided to celebrate the resurrection they thought occured on Sunday...

Some disobedient Christians...after the time frame of the New Testament...Peter warned of them

And they were wrong about which day they thought the resurrection happened...

Scripture is clear the only thing that happened the beginning of that Sunday morning was an empty tomb was discovered (He was long gone)...and a risen Savior was encountered...He had risen the day before...

As time went on the wish and desire to rebuild that wall seperating gentile and Jew (which He had torn down) prevailed and culminated with Constantine not only distancing himself and his Christianity from the seventh day Sabbath but also fixing the date of Easter on his calendar so as not to have to wait for the "Jew's" Passover...(as if was theirs)

Satan prowls like a roaring lion seeking all he can to devour...not ironic the lion is a symbol for Judah Babylon and Rome...

clefty

I said
Have you made Jesus the Lord of your life???

Also known as Lord of the Sabbath?

You do know how that lordship thingy works right?

I get a sense many 'round here think that a lord wishes to destroy what gives him lordship...lol

Oh and squeaky I call him by another name than Jesus or merely Lord Lord...or even LORD...

takes more than that is what He says...ya dig?

clefty

RCC did it.

They certainly claim it...

And Protestants affirm it...

In the Augsburg Confession,
They [the Catholics] allege the Sabbath changed into Sunday, the Lord’s day, contrary to the decalogue, as it appears; neither is there any example more boasted of than the changing of the Sabbath day. Great, they say, is the power and authority of the church, since it dispensed with one of the ten commandments.
—Art. 28.

Protestants do not realize that by observing Sunday, they accept the authority of the spokesperson of the Church, the Pope” (Our Sunday Visitor, February 5, 1950).

“Of course the Catholic Church claims that the change [Saturday Sabbath to Sunday] was her act... And the act is a mark of her ecclesiastical authority in religious things” (H.F. Thomas, Chancellor of Cardinal Gibbons).

“Sunday is our mark of authority… the church is above the Bible, and this transference of Sabbath observance is proof of that fact” (Catholic Record of London, Ontario Sept 1, 1923).

More here http://www.remnantofgod.org/romeadmits.htm

I also read to do so Papists used the precedent found in the OT of the Jews making up their own holiday Purim in Esther...imagine that! Making more man's traditions because of another man's traditions...lol

Not ironic the most pious of them Jews drink their brains out on that day...they know they are going to die as proverbs says give them strong drink who know they are dying...

Well anyway, our friend here squeaks not about Sunday, but any day or everyday...

And others here are in a constant rest...and have made Him into a period of time...the Sabbath day...lol

I merely pray to overcome and receive the hidden manna...which pointed His to Him and His ways...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

You do know how that lordship thingy works right?

I get a sense many 'round here think that a lord wishes to destroy what gives him lordship...lol

Oh and squeaky I call him by another name than Jesus or merely Lord Lord...or even LORD...

I said
What is the name you call Him?

clefty

I said
lol I can show it to you, but you cant see it.

Heb 7:12
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)

Change OF the law....NOT change IN the Law.

The necessity derives from the change of administration of the unchangeable law...thus the laws of administration are changed

And thus now even we are priests of the unchanged law...

keypurr

I said
He denies Jesus as Lord. I'm really having trouble with your acceptance of him. When I haven't seen one thing that supports Christianity or Jesus.

We are either for Jesus or against Jesus, there is no place for a free thinker.

Matt 12:30
30 "He who is not with Me is against Me, and he who does not gather with Me scatters abroad.
(NKJ)

Show me where he denies that Jesus is not the Christ?

keypurr

I said
He denies Jesus as Lord. I'm really having trouble with your acceptance of him. When I haven't seen one thing that supports Christianity or Jesus.

We are either for Jesus or against Jesus, there is no place for a free thinker.

Matt 12:30
30 "He who is not with Me is against Me, and he who does not gather with Me scatters abroad.
(NKJ)

I choose the side of the Lord friend, and you are wrong on keeping his Law in the spirit. Do as our Lord did, keep his commandments from the heart as a token of being greatful for all we have been given. Keep them out of love and respect, they will not save you, but that is not the reason to keep them.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Change OF the law....NOT change IN the Law.

The necessity derives from the change of administration of the unchangeable law...thus the laws of administration are changed

And thus now even we are priests of the unchanged law...

I said
lolo Your an idiot.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

Show me where he denies that Jesus is not the Christ?

I said
That is the most resent. He also said not to go by Jesus' law but to go by Gods law. And remember Christians can condemn themselves if they approve the wrong person.

Rom 14:22
22 Do you have faith? Have it to yourself before God. Happy is he who does not condemn himself in what he approves.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I choose the side of the Lord friend, and you are wrong on keeping his Law in the spirit. Do as our Lord did, keep his commandments from the heart as a token of being greatful for all we have been given. Keep them out of love and respect, they will not save you, but that is not the reason to keep them.

I said
You missed something. We are to keep the law of the Spirit.

Rom 8:1-2

1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.
(NKJ)

2 Cor 5:5
5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
(NKJ)

keypurr

I said
That is the most resent. He also said not to go by Jesus' law but to go by Gods law. And remember Christians can condemn themselves if they approve the wrong person.

Rom 14:22
22Do you have faith? Have it to yourself before God. Happy is he who does not condemn himself in what he approves.
(NKJ)

Show me the difference between the laws.

Sent from my iPad using TOL

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Show me the difference between the laws.

excuse me for butting in.

Jesus' law is all in the New Testament. He explained plainly what need to be practiced to His followers.

OT law is in the Tora. It is so complicated and legalistic. That's why Jesus made simple to understand what God initially His people are ought to follow.

keypurr

excuse me for butting in.

Jesus' law is all in the New Testament. He explained plainly what need to be practiced to His followers.

OT law is in the Tora. It is so complicated and legalistic. That's why Jesus made simple to understand what God initially His people are ought to follow.

I see the same law with a deeper understanding of it. The law is a law of love, love God and love mankind. Jesus taught that law. Jesus kept that law. The ten will never cease to exsist. It is to be kept in the spirit of love and gratitude to our God.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I see the same law with a deeper understanding of it. The law is a law of love, love God and love mankind. Jesus taught that law. Jesus kept that law. The ten will never cease to exsist. It is to be kept in the spirit of love and gratitude to our God.

There are so many vague laws in the OT.

OT law requires animal sacrifice. NT don't.

Do you sacrifice animal when you sin?