Russia Crisis

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
It has been estimated that ~one million young adult Russians have fled their country and escaped to neighboring nations this year. Add to that the large number of young adult Russians who have been conscripted into the military, killed, captured, or surrendered in Ukraine, and you can see what a drag that will have on Russian businesses, industry, and economy now and especially in the years and decades to come. Russia will be a third-rate country.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
It has been estimated that ~one million young adult Russians have fled their country and escaped to neighboring nations this year. Add to that the large number of young adult Russians who have been conscripted into the military, killed, captured, or surrendered in Ukraine, and you can see what a drag that will have on Russian businesses, industry, and economy now and especially in the years and decades to come. Russia will be a third-rate country.
One million "draft dodgers"....Wow, imagine if they gave a war and nobody came. :unsure:

One has to wonder how many have evaded the draft in Russia by administrative means if a whopping one million has fled the country....Maybe there are less avenues for evasion than there were in the U.S. during Viet-Nam and that's why so many are taking it on the lamb?

I wonder if being a "draft-dodger" will have any negative stigma attached to it in their society ten or twenty years from now?

I'd like to think not but....

Last edited:

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Reminds me of Bagdad Bob

View attachment 4539

More than 20 Russian generals have been killed in Ukraine since the start of the Kremlin’s full-scale invasion last year, according to Japanese intelligence. Nikkei revealed the figure on Thursday, noting that Japanese authorities had arrived at that number based on intel collected together with U.S. and European agencies. Retired Gen. Kiyofumi Iwata, former chief of staff of Japan’s Ground Self-Defense Force, was quoted calling the death toll “unbelievably high.”