Russia Crisis

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
I heard last night that Putin ordered men aged 18 up to 60 could be conscripted into the Russian military:

I mean, 60? Putin has gone absolutely insane. If the Russians don't overthrow Putin pronto, he will run that country straight into the ground.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
It's gotta' be kinda' surreal for them to be rolling the lottery for troops to go fight the guys who are supposed to be their conscripts. :unsure:

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
I heard last night that Putin ordered men aged 18 up to 60 could be conscripted into the Russian military:

I mean, 60? Putin has gone absolutely insane. If the Russians don't overthrow Putin pronto, he will run that country straight into the ground.

And of all the countries in the world, that country has the most ground to be run straight into.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
And of all the countries in the world, that country has the most ground to be run straight into.
Unfortunately 65% of Russian territory is permafrost. (Yes, I had to look that up 😁 )

So it's going to hurt if you run straight into it.

Arthur Brain

Hence the exodus of many people booking flights out of Russia to breaking point.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Good analysis here. The bottom line is that dropping oil prices and the loss of workforce due to the war in Ukraine is dragging Russia's economy into the tank:

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Vladimir Putin was left incandescent with rage after his army wiped out their own soldiers in yet another friendly-fire fiasco. Russia's army has met fierce resistance from Ukrainian troops ever since Vladimir Putin took the disastrous decision to invade his western neighbour. Putin's troops have suffered massive casualties, with Ukrainian officials estimating that over 93,000 Russian soldiers have died since hostilities commenced on February 24.

In the latest case, 14 soldiers from the 1st Army Corps were killed when their tent was shelled by a Russian artillery unit towards the end of November. Another seven of their comrades were reported injured in the shelling.

The incident occurred on the outskirts of Tsukuba in the Kherson region of southern Ukraine.