ROMANS 5:1 JUSTIFIED BY FAITH

DougE

He's speaking to every one of us. He doesn't say "if you're in the right nation, you'll go with me." He says "if you took care of me by taking care of the unfortunate, you'll go with me."

I'd believe Him, if I were you.

He is not saying you have to be in right nation to go to heaven.
Jesus is speaking of the Gentile nations that will enter into the kingdom on earth along with believing Israel. Jesus will rule over the Gentile nations in the kingdom.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
According to Jesus, this is how He will decide who is saved, and who is not:

Matthew 25:31 And when the Son of man shall come in his majesty, and all the angels with him, then shall he sit upon the seat of his majesty. [32] And all nations shall be gathered together before him, and he shall separate them one from another, as the shepherd separateth the sheep from the goats: [33] And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on his left. [34] Then shall the king say to them that shall be on his right hand: Come, ye blessed of my Father, possess you the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. [35] For I was hungry, and you gave me to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave me to drink; I was a stranger, and you took me in:

Mt 25:31 and following is the fulfillment of:

Joe 3:1 For, behold, in those days, and in that time, when I shall bring again the captivity of Judah and Jerusalem,
Joe 3:2 I will also gather all nations, and will bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat, and will plead with them there for my people and for my heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and parted my land.

It has nothing to do with our activity or salvation today.
It concerns the time of Jacob's trouble and Christ's judgement of the nations as He begins His reign from the throne of David which occurs at His second coming to earth.
Many confuse it with the White Throne judgement of Rev 20:11... which it is not.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Mt 25:31 and following is the fulfillment of:

Joe 3:1 For, behold, in those days, and in that time, when I shall bring again the captivity of Judah and Jerusalem,
Joe 3:2 I will also gather all nations, and will bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat, and will plead with them there for my people and for my heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and parted my land.

That excuse won't work, either; it's not what Jesus says.

It has nothing to do with our activity or salvation today

Jesus says it has to do with our activity and salvation. No amount of spin is going to change that. Accept what He says or deny what he says. But don't kid yourself about the message.

It's not a business contract; it's His explanation of where you will spend eternity, and how He will decide. Believe Him.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
That excuse won't work, either; it's not what Jesus says.
[/COLOR]

Jesus says it has to do with our activity and salvation. No amount of spin is going to change that. Accept what He says or deny what he says. But don't kid yourself about the message.

It's not a business contract; it's His explanation of where you will spend eternity, and how He will decide. Believe Him.
Should we just ignore everything else in the Bible then?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
This isn't your mailbox; it's a message board. When someone drops something here, it's up for discussion.

Who said anything about TOL?

Steko is talking about the Bible, specofically the letters contained within.

But I guess it's no surprise that Barb hates staying on topic.

Last edited:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
(frantic repositioning of goalposts)

Nope. Just a simple question based on your comment.

See Matthew 25.

Which part? And how does that answer the question I asked you, which was: do you think you're good enough to go to heaven?

If I do _______

There is nothing YOU can do to get to heaven, and this statement of yours is exactly why I asked the above question.

Only CHRIST'S COMPLETED WORK on the Cross. That's why Paul says Christians are DEAD IN CHRIST. People who are dead do not and cannot keep the law, and so are freed from it. We are DEAD TO THE LAW.

I just did a quick search to check something, and I'd like to ask you something else in addition to my above question:

Isn't it interesting that Paul never once says anything about rest for the weary?

Weary from what? The law.

Yet Jesus says "I will give you rest," but then He goes on to say, "take My yoke upon you . . . For my yoke is easy, My burden is light".

Paul challenged those who would place the yoke, of the law upon Christians, such as yourself:

Now therefore, why do you test God by putting a yoke on the neck of the disciples which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear? - Acts 15:10 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts15:10&version=NKJV

So I ask again, Barbarian.

Are you good enough to go to heaven?

what Jesus says will give me a lifetime of eternity with Him, then I will.

You're like a soldier who was first told to dig a trench at the border to prepare for an assault on a neighboring country, and now has been told to leave the trench and attack, but refuses to because you insist on only following the first command, but completely ignore the second.

How about you?

You think you've done what He expects us to do?

There is nothing I could ever do to attain eternal life, nor do I arrogantly presume to be capable of the perfection necessary to attain eternal life.

I simply accepted that Christ has done the necessary work, and has redeemed me from eternal death, as Romans 10:9 says:

that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. - Romans 10:9 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans10:9&version=NKJV

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Oh, a good one, let me answer. No one is good enough to go to heaven, but everyone, no matter what some Calvinists think, is good enough to be loved by Jesus and through His love, can go to heaven.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Jesus says otherwise. God says:

James 2:24 Do you see that by works a man is justified; and not by faith only?

It might be unsatisfactory to you, but it's God's word. I suggest you believe it, and act accordingly.

What is Romans 10:9, chopped liver?

Last I checked, Romans 10:9 is also scripture.

By the way, James 2:24 is James speaking, not God.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian observes:
Jesus says otherwise. God says:

James 2:24 Do you see that by works a man is justified; and not by faith only?

It might be unsatisfactory to you, but it's God's word. I suggest you believe it, and act accordingly.

What is Romans 10:9, chopped liver?

As you just saw, God says that we are justified by faith and by works. So Romans 10:9 is consistent with that.

By the way, James 2:24 is James speaking, not God.

Last I checked, James 2:24 is also scripture. Do you not believe the Bible is the word of God? That would explain your position on this issue.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
As you just saw, God says that we are justified by faith and by works. So Romans 10:9 is consistent with that.

Except it's not, because it says nothing about works.

It IS consistent, however, with Romans 4:5.

But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness, - Romans 4:5 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans4:5&version=NKJV

That is the literal antithesis to James 2:24.

Last I checked, James 2:24 is also scripture.

Of course it is.

See Steko's earlier comment about mail. Then read James 1:1. Then ask yourself from which of the twelve tribes are you.

Do you not believe the Bible is the word of God?

Of course it is.

That would explain your position on this issue.

Nope. I believe that James 2:24 means EXACTLY what it says, and that Romans 4:5 (and Romans 10:9) means EXACTLY what it says, and that BOTH are scripture, even though they are the complete antithesis of each other.

Last edited:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Except it's not, because it says nothing about works.
Nope. I believe that James 2:24 means EXACTLY what it says, and that Romans 4:5 (and Romans 10:9) means EXACTLY what it says, and that BOTH are scripture, even though they are the complete antithesis of each other.

God is not the author of confusion.

If your faith requires that God contradict Himself, isn't that a pretty good clue for you?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
God is not the author of confusion.

Duh.

If your faith requires that God contradict Himself, isn't that a pretty good clue for you?

If you think God contradicted Himself, then maybe your paradign of beliefs is to blame.

I don't, even in light of what I just said, because my paradigm of beliefs allows God to say different things at different times to different people.

James -> written to the twelve tribes scattered abroad for during the Great Tribulation.

Romans written to everyone between Acts 9 and the Rapture.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Duh.
If you think God contradicted Himself, then maybe your paradign of beliefs is to blame.

I'm just showing you that your reinterpretation of Paul's writings does not contradict God's word that we are justified by faith and by works.

I don't, even in light of what I just said, because my paradigm of beliefs allows God to say different things at different times to different people.

God is just and He is not two-faced.

James -> written to the twelve tribes scattered abroad for during the Great Tribulation.

If you have to add things to God's word to make it work your way, isn't that an important clue for you?

Romans written to everyone between Acts 9 and the Rapture.

In fact, Paul agrees with James:
Romans 2:6 Who will render to every man according to his works. [7] To them indeed, who according to patience in good work, seek glory and honour and incorruption, eternal life:

And Jesus agrees with both of them:
Matthew 25:31 And when the Son of man shall come in his majesty, and all the angels with him, then shall he sit upon the seat of his majesty. [32] And all nations shall be gathered together before him, and he shall separate them one from another, as the shepherd separateth the sheep from the goats: [33] And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on his left. [34] Then shall the king say to them that shall be on his right hand: Come, ye blessed of my Father, possess you the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. [35] For I was hungry, and you gave me to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave me to drink; I was a stranger, and you took me in:

[36] Naked, and you covered me: sick, and you visited me: I was in prison, and you came to me. [37] Then shall the just answer him, saying: Lord, when did we see thee hungry, and fed thee; thirsty, and gave thee drink? [38] And when did we see thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and covered thee? [39] Or when did we see thee sick or in prison, and came to thee? [40] And the king answering, shall say to them: Amen I say to you, as long as you did it to one of these my least brethren, you did it to me.