ECT Romans 4:3 What saith the scripture?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Paul was sent to the Gentiles, primarily, Oatmeal. Unlike Jesus' disciples, Paul was quite fluent in the OT, a very educated dude. It's readily apparent there would be multiple tongues issues, as in language issues, considering Genesis 10:5 KJV as related to conversion of the Gentiles. So, those who have done Romans 10:9-10 begin the journey, and considering Paul's desire to reach the Gentiles, Paul didn't have time to start language classes. Thus: 1Corinthians 14:5 KJV. Language translation was undoubtedly highly desired by Paul to fulfill his mission. I think Paul was emphasizing the importance and necessity of language translation, but not higher than prophesying. Just because one can translate, doesn't inherently mean one can prophesy via those translations.

Meanwhile, you totally circumvent the origin of the Gentiles via Noah's son, Japheth (Genesis 9:22, 10:1, 2, 3, 4 Genesis 10:5 KJV). Highly likely, such is a new concept in your theology. Nonetheless, I suspect you haven't previously examined the 'meat' of those verses that would confound your rendering of 1Corinthians 14:5 KJV. "Feed my sheep" was a command, that's OT knowledge, and it's not your fault such was evidently unfamiliar to you prior to the rendering of Corinthians you proffer... I've never heard anyone who had interest in the ancestry of the Gentiles... it's just like, they were just there. But, it is your choice to overlook the origin of the Gentiles (Genesis 10:5 KJV) that would confound your rendering of Corinthians being such is a cornerstone, to say the least, in your faith paradigm.

I'm confident you achieved Romans 10:9-10, Oatmeal. I also proffer you got caught up in some self-exalting rendering of Corinthians. So... tell you what, Oatmeal... How about asking the one or ones who led you to your notion of the tongues rendering of Corinthians, just ask them off the cuff: Who is the 'father' of the Gentiles? If their impromptu response isn't Japheth... Houston, we have a problem. You at least owe yourself the resolve, Oatmeal. Whether or not you have the faith to be a Matthew 8:19 KJV, Matthew 8:20 KJV follower of Jesus will be determined in your reaction to their answer. I'll not hold my breath... Your undoubtedly extensive, historical evangelist endeavors focusing on your rendering of Corinthians would involve a LOT of back-paddling. I know from experience, back-paddling isn't always easy. There's a lot of individual humility involved... and, there's not a lot of room for individual humility among tongue speakers.

kayaker

In most every instance of the believers being filled with the Holy Spirit, they spoke in tongues and prophecied.

You have never been filled with the Holy Spirit if you do not understand that.

LA

oatmeal

Paul was sent to the Gentiles, primarily, Oatmeal. Unlike Jesus' disciples, Paul was quite fluent in the OT, a very educated dude. It's readily apparent there would be multiple tongues issues, as in language issues, considering Genesis 10:5 KJV as related to conversion of the Gentiles. So, those who have done Romans 10:9-10 begin the journey, and considering Paul's desire to reach the Gentiles, Paul didn't have time to start language classes. Thus: 1Corinthians 14:5 KJV. Language translation was undoubtedly highly desired by Paul to fulfill his mission. I think Paul was emphasizing the importance and necessity of language translation, but not higher than prophesying. Just because one can translate, doesn't inherently mean one can prophesy via those translations.

Meanwhile, you totally circumvent the origin of the Gentiles via Noah's son, Japheth (Genesis 9:22, 10:1, 2, 3, 4 Genesis 10:5 KJV). Highly likely, such is a new concept in your theology. Nonetheless, I suspect you haven't previously examined the 'meat' of those verses that would confound your rendering of 1Corinthians 14:5 KJV. "Feed my sheep" was a command, that's OT knowledge, and it's not your fault such was evidently unfamiliar to you prior to the rendering of Corinthians you proffer... I've never heard anyone who had interest in the ancestry of the Gentiles... it's just like, they were just there. But, it is your choice to overlook the origin of the Gentiles (Genesis 10:5 KJV) that would confound your rendering of Corinthians being such is a cornerstone, to say the least, in your faith paradigm.

I'm confident you achieved Romans 10:9-10, Oatmeal. I also proffer you got caught up in some self-exalting rendering of Corinthians. So... tell you what, Oatmeal... How about asking the one or ones who led you to your notion of the tongues rendering of Corinthians, just ask them off the cuff: Who is the 'father' of the Gentiles? If their impromptu response isn't Japheth... Houston, we have a problem. You at least owe yourself the resolve, Oatmeal. Whether or not you have the faith to be a Matthew 8:19 KJV, Matthew 8:20 KJV follower of Jesus will be determined in your reaction to their answer. I'll not hold my breath... Your undoubtedly extensive, historical evangelist endeavors focusing on your rendering of Corinthians would involve a LOT of back-paddling. I know from experience, back-paddling isn't always easy. There's a lot of individual humility involved... and, there's not a lot of room for individual humility among tongue speakers.

kayaker

It takes humility to get to the point that a person speaks in tongues.

I Corinthians 14:18 was Paul braggin' or teaching?

oatmeal

Another cool thing I learned from scripture is to sort out which traditions flow with scripture and which do not.

One example is Easter which is the name of a pagan holiday.

If we choose to celebrate the resurrection of the lord Jesus Christ, why pollute that with a pagan god and a pagan myth?

Another wonderful truth is that God did not create in the so called six days of creation until the fifth and sixth day. Genesis 1:1 happened long before the first day. Genesis 1:2 the world became without form and void, God did not create a mess and then had to fix it up because His mommy told him to clean up his room. An enemy of God caused the catastrophe that rendered the world without form and void.

Cross Reference

Another cool thing I learned from scripture is to sort out which traditions flow with scripture and which do not.

One example is Easter which is the name of a pagan holiday.

If we choose to celebrate the resurrection of the lord Jesus Christ, why pollute that with a pagan god and a pagan myth?

Another wonderful truth is that God did not create in the so called six days of creation until the fifth and sixth day. Genesis 1:1 happened long before the first day. Genesis 1:2 the world became without form and void, God did not create a mess and then had to fix it up because His mommy told him to clean up his room. An enemy of God caused the catastrophe that rendered the world without form and void.

Lord Jesus Christ is spelled with a Capital "L".

oatmeal

Lord Jesus Christ is spelled with a Capital "L".

God is Lord

His son is lord

Acts 2:34

Learn to distinguish between a father and his son.

Are you a son of your father?

a. I am

b. I am not

Are you the one who is called Cross Reference?

a. I am

b. I am not

According to trinology if you answer truthfully, you are claiming to be God himself.

According to trinology, only God can use the combination of words, "I am"

Cross Reference

God is Lord

His son is lord

Acts 2:34

Learn to distinguish between a father and his son.

Are you a son of your father?

a. I am

b. I am not

Are you the one who is called Cross Reference?

a. I am

b. I am not

According to trinology if you answer truthfully, you are claiming to be God himself.

According to trinology, only God can use the combination of words, "I am"

Proof your calling is of anti-Christ.

"The Lord said to My Lord, Sit at My right hand until I put Your enemies under Your feet?
If then David thus calls Him Lord, how is He his Son?
" Matthew 22:44-45 (AMP) (cf Ps 110:1)

You should be banned!

oatmeal

Proof your calling is of anti-Christ.

"The Lord said to My Lord, Sit at My right hand until I put Your enemies under Your feet?
If then David thus calls Him Lord, how is He his Son?
" Matthew 22:44-45 (AMP) (cf Ps 110:1)

You should be banned!

Really? For referring to scripture?

Maybe it is you that should be banned for objecting to the use of scripture.

Jesus is offspring both of God and David

oatmeal

Refute the scriptures I submitted. I need a laugh.

The scriptures are true regardless of your remarkable ability to assume they support your hypothesis.

The scriptures you supplied support scripture.

Acts 2:34 is true

There are two lords, the Lord God and His son, the lord Jesus Christ.

The son is derived, inferior and subordinate to the Father.

Hence, Jesus being referred to as the son of God

OCTOBER23

BIBLE SAYS --> OBEY THE AUTHORITIES

ANSWER --> DON'T VOLUNTEER TO BE CAUGHT OR THEY WILL CRUCIFY YOU.

RUN AND HIDE AS FAR AWAY FROM THE AUTHORITIES AS POSSIBLE.

BE WISE AS SERPENTS IN THIS SATANIC WORLD

oatmeal

BIBLE SAYS --> OBEY THE AUTHORITIES

ANSWER --> DON'T VOLUNTEER TO BE CAUGHT OR THEY WILL CRUCIFY YOU.

RUN AND HIDE AS FAR AWAY FROM THE AUTHORITIES AS POSSIBLE.

BE WISE AS SERPENTS IN THIS SATANIC WORLD

Chapter and verses?

Cross Reference

The scriptures are true regardless of your remarkable ability to assume they support your hypothesis.

Hypothesis, My ----! They support what David said and Jesus referring to it.

The scriptures I supplied support my declaration about you..

Acts 2:34 is true
Indeed it is __and so is Acts 2:36 you conveniently choose to ignore.

There are two lords, the Lord God and His son, the lord Jesus Christ.

Both with Cap "L" s.

The son is derived, inferior and subordinate to the Father.

Hence, Jesus being referred to as the son of God

Sorry, but no "hence" in that. That's you __ NOT scripture.

Jesus referred to Himself as Lord you also choose to ignore.

You know what that makes you.

OCTOBER23

OATMEAL,
I thought that you could easily remember the verses because you know your Bible .
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. BIBLE SAYS --> OBEY THE AUTHORITIES =

Romans 13:1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers.
For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

Titus 3:1 Put them in mind to be subject to principalities and powers,
to obey magistrates, to be ready to every good work,

2. ANSWER --> DON'T VOLUNTEER TO BE CAUGHT OR THEY WILL CRUCIFY YOU.

-JESUS ON THE MOUNT OF OLIVES ON THAT NIGHT

3. RUN AND HIDE AS FAR AWAY FROM THE AUTHORITIES AS POSSIBLE.

-THE APOSTLES AFTER JESUS' ARREST ON THE MOUNT OF OLIVES WHO RAN AWAY.

4. BE WISE AS SERPENTS IN THIS SATANIC WORLD

Matthew 10:16 Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves:
be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

Philippians 2:15 That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God,
without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation,

Last edited:

Cross Reference

"But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven." Matthew 10:33 (KJV)

Meaning: "Whoever denies Me [and all I declare about Myself], him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven."

oatmeal

OATMEAL,
I thought that you could easily remember the verses if you know your Bible .
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. BIBLE SAYS --> OBEY THE AUTHORITIES =

Romans 13:1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers.
For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.
Titus 3:1 Put them in mind to be subject to principalities and powers,
to obey magistrates, to be ready to every good work,

2. ANSWER --> DON'T VOLUNTEER TO BE CAUGHT OR THEY WILL CRUCIFY YOU.

JESUS ON THE MOUNT OF OLIVES ON THAT NIGHT

3. RUN AND HIDE AS FAR AWAY FROM THE AUTHORITIES AS POSSIBLE.

THE APOSTLES AFTER JESUS' ARREST ON THE MOUNT OF OLIVES.

4. BE WISE AS SERPENTS IN THIS SATANIC WORLD

Matthew 10:16 Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves:
be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

Philippians 2:15 That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God,
without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation,

One of the things I learned is to make sure that what people say is in the Bible is actually in the Bible.

Yes, I could have looked those up, but since you presented those truths, it would have been simpler for you, since you had those ready to post.

Which authorities are we to obey?

are we to obey authorities like the Pharaoh of Exodus 1:16?

Did the midwives obey the Pharaoh? Exodus 1:17?

oatmeal

Hypothesis, My ----! They support what David said and Jesus referring to it.

The scriptures I supplied support my declaration about you..

Indeed it is __and so is Acts 2:36 you conveniently choose to ignore.

Both with Cap "L" s.

Sorry, but no "hence" in that. That's you __ NOT scripture.

Jesus referred to Himself as Lord you also choose to ignore.

You know what that makes you.

Who gave the translators authority to capitalize or not capitalize words?

Who gave you the authority to assume that all translators did their job perfectly?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
And who gave you the authority to assume and preach they translated incorrectly, you blowhard!

No wonder you are suspicious of me.

You seem to have a problem with everyone.

The Lords of Psalm 110 are a KJV invention.

You ought to know that.

Adonai and Adoni (Psalm 110:1)
The Bible’s supreme proof text for telling the difference between the One God and the Messiah who is not God
This verse was referred to the Messiah by the Pharisees and by Jesus. It tells us that the relationship between God and Jesus is that of Deity and non-Deity. The Messiah is called adoni (my lord) and in every one of its 195 occurrences adoni (my lord) means a superior who is not God. Adonai on the other hand refers exclusively to the One God in all of its 449 occurrences. Adonai is the title of Deity and adoni never designates Deity.
If the Messiah were called Adonai this would introduce “two Gods” into the Bible and would be polytheism. Psalm 110:1 should guard us all against supposing that there are two who are God. In fact the Messiah is the supreme human being and agent of the One God. Psalm 110:1 is the Bible’s master text for defining the Son of God in relation to the One God, his Father.
Why is it that a number of commentaries misstate the facts about Psalm 110:1? They assert that the word for the Messiah in Psalm 110:1 is adonai. It is not. These commentaries seem to obscure a classic text defining God in relation to His Son. The Hebrew text assigns to the Messiah the title adoni which invariably distinguishes the one addressed from the Deity. The Messiah is the supreme human lord. He is not the Lord God (cp. I Tim. 2:5; I Cor. 8:4-6; Mark 12:28ff).
Why is the Messiah called adoni (my lord) and never adonai (my Lord God)?
“Adonai and Adoni are variations of Masoretic pointing to distinguish divine reference from human.”
Adonai is referred to God but Adoni to human superiors.
Adoni — ref. to men: my lord, my master [see Ps. 110:1]
Adonai — ref. to God…Lord (Brown, Driver, Briggs, Hebrew and English Lexicon of the Old Testament, under adon [= lord]).
“The form ADONI (‘my lord’), a royal title (I Sam. 29:8), is to be carefully distinguished from the divine title ADONAI (‘my Lord’) used of Yahweh.” “ADONAI — the special plural form [the divine title] distinguishes it from adonai [with short vowel] = my lords” (International Standard Bible Encyclopedia, “Lord,” p. 157).
“Lord in the OT is used to translate ADONAI when applied to the Divine Being. The [Hebrew] word…has a suffix [with special pointing] presumably for the sake of distinction…between divine and human appellative” (Hastings Dictionary of the Bible, “Lord,” Vol. 3, p. 137).
“Hebrew Adonai exclusively denotes the God of Israel. It is attested about 450 times in the OT…Adoni [is] addressed to human beings (Gen. 44:7, Num. 32:25, II Kings 2:19 [etc.]). We have to assume that the word adonai received its special form to distinguish it from the secular use of adon [i.e., adoni]. The reason why [God is addressed] as adonai, [with long vowel] instead of the normal adon, adoni or adonai [with short vowel] may have been to distinguish Yahweh from other gods and from human lords” (Dictionary of Deities and Demons in the Bible, p. 531).
“The lengthening of the ā on Adonai [the Lord God] may be traced to the concern of the Masoretes to mark the word as sacred by a small external sign” (Theological Dictionary of the OT, “Adon,” p. 63 and Theological Dictionary of the NT, III, 1060ff. n.109).
“The form ‘to my lord,’ l’adoni, is never used in the OT as a divine reference…the generally accepted fact that the masoretic pointing distinguishes divine references (adonai) from human references (adoni)” (Wigram, The Englishman’s Hebrew and Chaldee Concordance of the OT, p. 22) (Herbert Bateman, “Psalm 110:1 and the NT,” Bibliothecra Sacra, Oct.-Dec., 1992, p. 438).