ECT Romans 4:3 What saith the scripture?

Cross Reference

Do some digging.

You will find that the KJV of I John 5:7-8 reads as follows:

For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

However, the textual evidence shows that the words "in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one And there are three that bear witness in earth,"

are not in any Greek texts prior to the sixteenth century, "They were first seen in the margin of some Latin copies. Thence they have crept into the text" per EW Bullinger from his Companion Bible. He supports the trinity in his Companion Bible and in his NT Lexicon and Concordance.

Thus, the scripture does not contain a genuine passage, " about the three who bear record in heaven"

That is another wonderful truth I learned about the integrity of scripture.

Grow up! Make it say whatever floats your boat. Stay wilfully stupid but not with me anymore.

oatmeal

Grow up! Make it say whatever floats your boat. Stay wilfully stupid but not with me anymore.

II Timothy 2:15 says we are to rightly divide the word of truth.

When someone with a non truthful agenda inserts their errors into the word of truth, we must remove those insertions.

We must know is the word of truth and what is not the word of truth.

We are to rightly divide the word of truth, so that we can live by truth, not by someone's favorite theology.

The Devil is a liar and the father of it. Are you so naive? The Devil works hard to corrupt the word of truth, the devil has convinced some believers that God is three, not one as He states, Deut 6:4

You need to know that God is one, not three in one.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

Are Catholic scholars willfully stupid about 1 John 5:7?

No Syriac manuscript of any family — Peshito, Philoxenian, or Harklean — has the three witnesses; and their presence in the printed Syriac Gospels is due to translation from the Vulgate.

So too, the Coptic manuscripts — both Sahidic and Bohairic — have no trace of the disputed part, nor have the Ethiopic manuscripts which represent Greek influence through the medium of Coptic.

The Armenian manuscripts, which favour the reading of the Vulgate, are admitted to represent a Latin influence which dates from the twelfth century; early Armenian manuscripts are against the Latin reading.

Of the Itala or Old Latin manuscripts, only two have our present reading of the three witnesses: Codex Monacensis (q) of the sixth or seventh century; and the Speculum (m), an eighth or ninth century manuscript which gives many quotations from the New Testament.

Even the Vulgate, in the majority of its earliest manuscripts, is without the passage in question. Witnesses to the canonicity are: the Bible of Theodulph (eighth century) in the National Library of Paris; Codex Cavensis (ninth century), the best representative of the Spanish type of text: Toletanus (tenth century); and the majority of Vulgate manuscripts after the twelfth century.

There was some dispute as to the canonicity of the three witnesses as early as the sixth century: for the preface to the Catholic Epistles in Codex Fuldensis (A.D. 541-546) complains about the omission of this passage from some of the Latin versions.

(newadvent.org / Catholic Encyclopedia / Epistles of St. John)​

oatmeal

Are Catholic scholars willfully stupid about 1 John 5:7?

No Syriac manuscript of any family — Peshito, Philoxenian, or Harklean — has the three witnesses; and their presence in the printed Syriac Gospels is due to translation from the Vulgate.

So too, the Coptic manuscripts — both Sahidic and Bohairic — have no trace of the disputed part, nor have the Ethiopic manuscripts which represent Greek influence through the medium of Coptic.

The Armenian manuscripts, which favour the reading of the Vulgate, are admitted to represent a Latin influence which dates from the twelfth century; early Armenian manuscripts are against the Latin reading.

Of the Itala or Old Latin manuscripts, only two have our present reading of the three witnesses: Codex Monacensis (q) of the sixth or seventh century; and the Speculum (m), an eighth or ninth century manuscript which gives many quotations from the New Testament.

Even the Vulgate, in the majority of its earliest manuscripts, is without the passage in question. Witnesses to the canonicity are: the Bible of Theodulph (eighth century) in the National Library of Paris; Codex Cavensis (ninth century), the best representative of the Spanish type of text: Toletanus (tenth century); and the majority of Vulgate manuscripts after the twelfth century.

There was some dispute as to the canonicity of the three witnesses as early as the sixth century: for the preface to the Catholic Epistles in Codex Fuldensis (A.D. 541-546) complains about the omission of this passage from some of the Latin versions.

(newadvent.org / Catholic Encyclopedia / Epistles of St. John)​

Thank you for that additional evidence.

oatmeal

Another wonderful truth I had to learn it that not all truths are learned quickly.

We have to renew our minds to think what God would have us to think.

Renew meaning to make new in quality, not in time.

If stealing was an issue for me, then I must correct my mind, by thinking Ephesians 4:28 and similar truths and act accordingly, instead of stealing, I work the thing which is good so I may have to give to him that needeth.

Likewise with being spiritually minded vs. carnally minded. I have to learn scripture about what it is to be spiritually minded and act accordingly.

oatmeal

Paul asked, What does scripture say?

He did not ask, "I wonder what the Holy Spirit will teach me about this?"

oatmeal

Our skepticism, the healthy version of it, should be applied in separating truth from error.

God's word is to be believed, but we must be sure it is God's word, not someone's tradition or private interpretation that we are believing

kayaker

Our skepticism, the healthy version of it, should be applied in separating truth from error.

God's word is to be believed, but we must be sure it is God's word, not someone's tradition or private interpretation that we are believing

So how you do you know when its not someone's tradition, or private interpretation, Oatmeal? Sure Paul spoke in tongues, so did other Bible characters:

1) Folk still do not discern Romans 9:6, 7, 8, 9, 10, that Paul was talking about the Shelanite descendants of Judah, prophesied progenitor of Messiah (Isaiah 65:9), via his Canaanite wife (Genesis 38:1, 2, 1Chronicles 2:3 KJV, Numbers 26:20 KJV). The Shelanites, who were "not all Israel, which are of Israel," who Paul vicariously illuminated in Romans 9:6, were impostor 'Jews' (Revelation 2:9, 3:9) who instigated the crucifixion (John 8:37 KJV) being "Abraham's seed", but not "Abraham's children" (Genesis 25:1, 2, 3, 4). So, since those instigators were "Abraham's seed and were never in bondage" in Egypt (John 8:33 KJV), who do you think those alleged 'Jews' were who instigated the crucifixion? Here's an OT clue, Genesis 3:15 KJV that correlates with John 8:44 KJV, John 8:47 KJV.

2) Lamech, a descendant of Cain (Genesis 4:17, 18) spoke in tongues in Genesis 4:23 KJV: Who did Lamech kill, why, and was he remorseful? Did he name his son Tubal-cain (Genesis 4:22 KJV), in memoriam to the man he killed? How did Cain die? How long did he live (Genesis 5:8 KJV)? Was that some random, drive by shooting in God's Word? Lamech also spoke in tongues in Genesis 4:24 KJV: What is the significance of "sevenfold" and "seventy and sevenfold"? Lamech prophesied the arrival generation of Messiah ("seventy and sevenfold") in 77 fold 'generations': Go to Luke 3:38 and being counting God is generation #1, Adam generation #2, Seth #3... and so forth. So, what's the significance of "sevenfold" in Genesis 4:15 KJV?

3) Jesus spoke in parables, not tongues. But, He might has well have considering John 8:17, 18 as Jesus prepared to illuminate His Divine paternity (John 8:12 KJV) before those Canaanite Shelanite (Numbers 26:20) alleged 'Jews' (Revelation 2:9, 3:9) who rebuked Him (John 8:13 KJV), and were plotting His crucifixion (John 8:33 KJV, John 8:37 KJV). Witnesses do testify, do they not, Oatmeal (John 8:17, 18)? Then how about explaining these two divine testimonies of these two witnesses captured between John 8:18 and John 8:47 KJV.

I really don't think we have a shortage of tongue speakers, Oatmeal. We have a shortage of interpreters. So, if you'd like to edify your Holy Ghost connection... how about interpreting those two divine testimonies to Jesus' divinity as Jesus said in John 8:17, 18. If you can't, please don't feel alone... neither can Mdiv and PhD theologians who are not Pentecostal. So, if your speaking in tongues (as evidence the Holy Ghost resides within) sets you above the great unwashed... here's your chance!

kayaker

Last edited:

oatmeal

So how you do you know when its not someone's tradition, or private interpretation, Oatmeal? Sure Paul spoke in tongues, so did other Bible characters:

1) Folk still do not discern Romans 9:6, 7, 8, 9, 10, that Paul was talking about the Shelanite descendants of Judah, prophesied progenitor of Messiah (Isaiah 65:9), via his Canaanite wife (Genesis 38:1, 2, 1Chronicles 2:3 KJV, Numbers 26:20 KJV). The Shelanites, who were "not all Israel, which are of Israel," who Paul vicariously illuminated in Romans 9:6, were impostor 'Jews' (Revelation 2:9, 3:9) who instigated the crucifixion (John 8:37 KJV) being "Abraham's seed", but not "Abraham's children" (Genesis 25:1, 2, 3, 4). So, since those instigators were "Abraham's seed and were never in bondage" in Egypt (John 8:33 KJV), who do you think those alleged 'Jews' were who instigated the crucifixion? Here's an OT clue, Genesis 3:15 KJV that correlates with John 8:44 KJV, John 8:47 KJV.

2) Lamech, a descendant of Cain (Genesis 4:17, 18) spoke in tongues in Genesis 4:23 KJV: Who did Lamech kill, why, and was he remorseful? Did he name his son Tubal-cain (Genesis 4:22 KJV), in memoriam to the man he killed? How did Cain die? How long did he live (Genesis 5:8 KJV)? Was that some random, drive by shooting in God's Word? Lamech also spoke in tongues in Genesis 4:24 KJV: What is the significance of "sevenfold" and "seventy and sevenfold"? Lamech prophesied the arrival generation of Messiah ("seventy and sevenfold") in 77 fold 'generations': Go to Luke 3:38 and being counting God is generation #1, Adam generation #2, Seth #3... and so forth. So, what's the significance of "sevenfold" in Genesis 4:15 KJV?

3) Jesus spoke in parables, not tongues. But, He might has well have considering John 8:17, 18 as Jesus prepared to illuminate His Divine paternity (John 8:12 KJV) before those Canaanite Shelanite (Numbers 26:20) alleged 'Jews' (Revelation 2:9, 3:9) who rebuked Him (John 8:13 KJV), and were plotting His crucifixion (John 8:33 KJV, John 8:37 KJV). Witnesses do testify, do they not, Oatmeal (John 8:17, 18)? Then how about explaining these two divine testimonies of these two witnesses captured between John 8:18 and John 8:47 KJV.

I really don't think we have a shortage of tongue speakers, Oatmeal. We have a shortage of interpreters. So, if you'd like to edify your Holy Ghost connection... how about interpreting those two divine testimonies to Jesus' divinity as Jesus said in John 8:17, 18. If you can't, please don't feel alone... neither can Mdiv and PhD theologians who are not Pentecostal. So, if your speaking in tongues (as evidence the Holy Ghost resides within) sets you above the great unwashed... here's your chance!

kayaker

Paul did indeed speak in tongues as did the twelve and the about 3000 on the day of Pentecost and those that believed later.

Jesus Christ foretold of the day when believers would speak in tongues, yet he did not do it himself.

For that matter, Jesus did not do the greater than his own works of John 14:12, but believers do them now.

Speaking in tongues was not available until the day of Pentecost. There is no record of anyone before Pentecost speaking in tongues, they most certainly spoke languages they themselves knew, but not languages they did not know.

The interpretation of tongues as written in I Corinthians 12:7-11 is not referring to interpreting scripture, but to interpreting tongues as in the manifestation of speaking in tongues.

We are not to interpret scripture, II Peter 1:20-21, we did author scripture, II Timothy 3:16, God did, there fore we have no right to interpret it.

Our responsibility is to simply learn what God had written to us and for us and believe it.

The children of Abraham always had two choices, either to believe God or not to believe God.

As do all people today.

There are no genetic boundaries or attributes that keep people from believing or cause them to believe

People believe God because they choose to, or they do not believe God because they choose not to.

John 8:17-18

It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true.

18 I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.

God told the man Moses and other prophets what to write about the coming prophet, His son Jesus Christ.

Luke 16:29

Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.

Luke 16:31

And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

The prophets witnessed of the coming redeemer because they believed God who told them of his coming.

Have a nice day!

kayaker

Paul did indeed speak in tongues as did the twelve and the about 3000 on the day of Pentecost and those that believed later.

Jesus Christ foretold of the day when believers would speak in tongues, yet he did not do it himself.

For that matter, Jesus did not do the greater than his own works of John 14:12, but believers do them now.

Speaking in tongues was not available until the day of Pentecost. There is no record of anyone before Pentecost speaking in tongues, they most certainly spoke languages they themselves knew, but not languages they did not know.

The interpretation of tongues as written in I Corinthians 12:7-11 is not referring to interpreting scripture, but to interpreting tongues as in the manifestation of speaking in tongues.

We are not to interpret scripture, II Peter 1:20-21, we did author scripture, II Timothy 3:16, God did, there fore we have no right to interpret it.

Our responsibility is to simply learn what God had written to us and for us and believe it.

The children of Abraham always had two choices, either to believe God or not to believe God.

As do all people today.

There are no genetic boundaries or attributes that keep people from believing or cause them to believe

People believe God because they choose to, or they do not believe God because they choose not to.

John 8:17-18

It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true.

Can you please explain what the sam daylights Ham was doing in Noah's tent when Noah was passed out blind drunk? What wrong with Noah being butt-naked in his own tent, anyway? Do you think Noah's wife might have been passed out, blind-drunk, and butt-naked too? Do you think Leviticus 18:8 KJV, Leviticus 20:11 KJV, Deuteronomy 22:30 KJV, Deuteronomy 27:20 KJV shine a little light on the subject? You don't suppose Ham was gay, and doing his mother's hair? But, we're not to interpret Scripture... that's a job for the HOLY Ghost, right? And, you have the Holy Ghost evidenced by your speaking in tongues... Well, please interpret Genesis 9:22 KJV. You don't think Noah and sons ever stripped off naked and hit the creek after a long day working on the ark?

18 I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.

God told the man Moses and other prophets what to write about the coming prophet, His son Jesus Christ.

Luke 16:29

Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.

Luke 16:31

And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

The prophets witnessed of the coming redeemer because they believed God who told them of his coming.

Have a nice day!

I appreciate the nobel attempt, Oatmeal. But, you've not explained the two testimonies of these two witnesses... found between John 8:18, and John 8:47. Jesus told His believers to listen up ("continue in my word") in John 8:31 KJV... See, Oatmeal... maybe that's a job for the Holy Spirit, and I've asked the explanation from Mdiv and PhD theologians who cannot render those two testimonies. I'm not hearing it from you, either, respectfully. I'm not hearing your tongues helping me out in the least. But, if it floats your ark... I tend to hold the notion the proof is in the pudding. Yet, what I am hearing is that only Pentecostals have exclusive rights space-docking with God... just like Catholics have theirs.

Consider Matthew 8:20 KJV... tongues, like Catechism, is just another nest. That is, unless you can render those two testimonies... the Catholics can't either, btw.

kayaker

oatmeal

Can you please explain what the sam daylights Ham was doing in Noah's tent when Noah was passed out blind drunk? What wrong with Noah being butt-naked in his own tent, anyway? Do you think Noah's wife might have been passed out, blind-drunk, and butt-naked too? Do you think Leviticus 18:8 KJV, Leviticus 20:11 KJV, Deuteronomy 22:30 KJV, Deuteronomy 27:20 KJV shine a little light on the subject? You don't suppose Ham was gay, and doing his mother's hair? But, we're not to interpret Scripture... that's a job for the HOLY Ghost, right? And, you have the Holy Ghost evidenced by your speaking in tongues... Well, please interpret Genesis 9:22 KJV. You don't think Noah and sons ever stripped off naked and hit the creek after a long day working on the ark?

I appreciate the nobel attempt, Oatmeal. But, you've not explained the two testimonies of these two witnesses... found between John 8:18, and John 8:47. Jesus told His believers to listen up ("continue in my word") in John 8:31 KJV... See, Oatmeal... maybe that's a job for the Holy Spirit, and I've asked the explanation from Mdiv and PhD theologians who cannot render those two testimonies. I'm not hearing it from you, either, respectfully. I'm not hearing your tongues helping me out in the least. But, if it floats your ark... I tend to hold the notion the proof is in the pudding. Yet, what I am hearing is that only Pentecostals have exclusive rights space-docking with God... just like Catholics have theirs.

Consider Matthew 8:20 KJV... tongues, like Catechism, is just another nest. That is, unless you can render those two testimonies... the Catholics can't either, btw.

kayaker

Naked could mean without the outer garment, but probably not in this case

Did you take pleasure in seeing your father naked? Did you have some desire to see your father naked?

Although had not been written at that time, (God had not yet given the law to Moses, not even Abraham was born yet.) there was a sense of right and wrong.

Oh, there is more that could be said about John 8.

It was not a nobel attempt, nor was it a noble attempt, that is all you are going to get for now.

Quit with the negative attitude and maybe you'll get some more.

Acts 2:22

kayaker

Did you take pleasure in seeing your father naked? Did you have some desire to see your father naked?
Nah... his privates looked like mine. I was curious why my mom's was missing, though, ROLFOL!

Although had not been written at that time, (God had not yet given the law to Moses, not even Abraham was born yet.) there was a sense of right and wrong.

Guess why the Law had to be written? Sin entered the world. Shem and Japheth exemplified the Law of Leviticus 18:8 KJV, Leviticus 20:11 KJV, Deuteronomy 22:30 KJV, and Deuteronomy 27:20 when they walked into Noah's tent backwards and covered... there are certain things a man cannot do from the backside (Genesis 9:23 KJV). That was some thousand years before the Law. Furthermore, when one realizes Japheth was the 'father' of the Gentiles (Genesis 9:27, 10:2, 3, 4, Genesis 10:5 KJV), then one can readily grasp Paul's observation and rebuke of the Corinthians in 1Corinthians 5:1 KJV. Paul was QUITE fluent in the OT, and Christians wander in the dark thinking a Gentiles is anyone who isn't a 'Jew,' and don't know the difference between a Shelanite impostor (Numbers 26:20) from a Pharzite descendant of Pharez, son of Judah, found in the lineage of Jesus (Matthew 1:3 KJV).

Oh, there is more that could be said about John 8.

It was not a nobel attempt, nor was it a noble attempt, that is all you are going to get for now.

Quit with the negative attitude and maybe you'll get some more.

Acts 2:22

Your OP:

There is such a thing as a good, healthy sense of skepticism

Is there a reason to believe what someone says the Bible says?

Check it out for yourself.

Acts 17:11. John 5:39

II Timothy 2:15

A wise student of God's word is not gullible, but wants to substantiate what he is taught by his own searching.

Who here has changed their mind when they learned how scripture actually reads?

In what way?

"Get some more" you suggest? I do not apologize for my healthy skepticism, Oatmeal. I hear the condescending attitude of the tongue speakers that they seem to have something no one else does, exemplified in the oral mumblings/jibberish. I did "substantiate" Genesis 9:22 KJV with the Laws of Leviticus and Deuteronomy, and you question my sexyull orientation, ROFLOL! Lighten up, Oatmeal... don't take yourself so serious. Did you speak in tongues the first time you say your dad naked? LOL!

So, you think you've got something no one else has, then. Does that about sum it up? Please excuse my healthy skepticism, but I'm totally underwhelmed. So, the great unwashed cannot interpret scripture, but the Pentecostals are going to tell me what Genesis 9:22 KJV was about then, right? Wasn't it Herbert Armstrong who suggested Jesus was killed by the spear in His side? I suppose Armstrong overlooked John 10:17, 18...

I don't appreciate the haughty posture of Pentecostals smothering their condescending attitude with their arrogance. It's about TRUTH, Oatmeal... and I'll not hold my breath.

kayaker

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I can give some simple examples.

Matthew 12:40 Tradition only allows for 3 days and 2 nights at best

Matthew 2:11 the wise men showed up at a house, not a stable. There is no mention in scripture of how many there were. These magi met a young child, not an infant, not a baby, and his mother, there is no mention of Joseph or shepherds when the magi arrived

Exodus 20:25 altars of hewn stone are polluted

Genesis 1:3-19 God does not state that he created on the first through fourth day. He does state that he created on the fifth and sixth day.

I said
Does this help?

Luke 2:7-21
7 And she brought forth her firstborn Son, and wrapped Him in swaddling cloths, and laid Him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn.
8 Now there were in the same country shepherds living out in the fields, keeping watch over their flock by night.
9 And behold, an angel of the Lord stood before them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were greatly afraid.
10 Then the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people.
11 "For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.
12 "And this will be the sign to you: You will find a Babe wrapped in swaddling cloths, lying in a manger."
13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying:
14 "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, goodwill toward men!"
15 So it was, when the angels had gone away from them into heaven, that the shepherds said to one another, "Let us now go to Bethlehem and see this thing that has come to pass, which the Lord has made known to us."
16 And they came with haste and found Mary and Joseph, and the Babe lying in a manger.
17 Now when they had seen Him, they made widely known the saying which was told them concerning this Child.
18 And all those who heard it marveled at those things which were told them by the shepherds.
19 But Mary kept all these things and pondered them in her heart.
20 Then the shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things that they had heard and seen, as it was told them.
21 And when eight days were completed for the circumcision of the Child, His name was called Jesus, the name given by the angel before He was conceived in the womb.
(NKJ)

oatmeal

kayaker

You have a wide assortment of questions, which one do you want answered first?

What specifically is the tradition you speak of?

You seem to have your mind made up already, if so, then you don't want my input, except for a platform to suggest that my answers failed your criteria.

What is your criteria?

How do you determine what is truth vs what is error?

1) Folk still do not discern Romans 9:6, 7, 8, 9, 10, that Paul was talking about the Shelanite descendants of Judah, prophesied progenitor of Messiah (Isaiah 65:9), via his Canaanite wife (Genesis 38:1, 2, 1Chronicles 2:3 KJV, Numbers 26:20 KJV). The Shelanites, who were "not all Israel, which are of Israel," who Paul vicariously illuminated in Romans 9:6, were impostor 'Jews' (Revelation 2:9, 3:9) who instigated the crucifixion (John 8:37 KJV) being "Abraham's seed", but not "Abraham's children" (Genesis 25:1, 2, 3, 4). So, since those instigators were "Abraham's seed and were never in bondage" in Egypt (John 8:33 KJV), who do you think those alleged 'Jews' were who instigated the crucifixion?

that is one long question. Who is that willingly took responsibility for Jesus' crucifixion? The answer is in the gospels. hint they willingly took responsibility, by continuing to cry, "Crucify him"...

You have plenty of references, you know how to look up scripture, you can find it.

oatmeal

Nah... his privates looked like mine. I was curious why my mom's was missing, though, ROLFOL!

Guess why the Law had to be written? Sin entered the world. Shem and Japheth exemplified the Law of Leviticus 18:8 KJV, Leviticus 20:11 KJV, Deuteronomy 22:30 KJV, and Deuteronomy 27:20 when they walked into Noah's tent backwards and covered... there are certain things a man cannot do from the backside (Genesis 9:23 KJV). That was some thousand years before the Law. Furthermore, when one realizes Japheth was the 'father' of the Gentiles (Genesis 9:27, 10:2, 3, 4, Genesis 10:5 KJV), then one can readily grasp Paul's observation and rebuke of the Corinthians in 1Corinthians 5:1 KJV. Paul was QUITE fluent in the OT, and Christians wander in the dark thinking a Gentiles is anyone who isn't a 'Jew,' and don't know the difference between a Shelanite impostor (Numbers 26:20) from a Pharzite descendant of Pharez, son of Judah, found in the lineage of Jesus (Matthew 1:3 KJV).

Your OP:

"Get some more" you suggest? I do not apologize for my healthy skepticism, Oatmeal. I hear the condescending attitude of the tongue speakers that they seem to have something no one else does, exemplified in the oral mumblings/jibberish. I did "substantiate" Genesis 9:22 KJV with the Laws of Leviticus and Deuteronomy, and you question my sexyull orientation, ROFLOL! Lighten up, Oatmeal... don't take yourself so serious. Did you speak in tongues the first time you say your dad naked? LOL!

So, you think you've got something no one else has, then. Does that about sum it up? Please excuse my healthy skepticism, but I'm totally underwhelmed. So, the great unwashed cannot interpret scripture, but the Pentecostals are going to tell me what Genesis 9:22 KJV was about then, right? Wasn't it Herbert Armstrong who suggested Jesus was killed by the spear in His side? I suppose Armstrong overlooked John 10:17, 18...

I don't appreciate the haughty posture of Pentecostals smothering their condescending attitude with their arrogance. It's about TRUTH, Oatmeal... and I'll not hold my breath.

kayaker

I speak of a sense of healthy skepticism, not venom. Why the viciousness of your post?

Is it because I Corinthians 14:5 is a commandment of the Lord and you don't like it?

For some commandments it takes more learning to find out what exactly God's part is and what our part is. We must learn to distinguish between them.

Acts 2:4 the apostles did the speaking, it was the Spirit that gave them what to speak, the utterance.

Likewise today when a person speaks in tongues.

So are you saying that you have seen your mother's privates?

Good thing we are not under the law for righteousness.

You do have some issues.

Why was the law introduced?

Why not let scripture answer?

Romans 5:20

Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:

Galatians 3:19

Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

There was no written law at the time of Shem.....

The written law came from God to Moses, who live a long time after Shem

Your tradition is a fly in the ointment of scripture.

oatmeal

I said
Does this help?

Luke 2:7-21
7 And she brought forth her firstborn Son, and wrapped Him in swaddling cloths, and laid Him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn.
8 Now there were in the same country shepherds living out in the fields, keeping watch over their flock by night.
9 And behold, an angel of the Lord stood before them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were greatly afraid.
10 Then the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people.
11 "For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.
12 "And this will be the sign to you: You will find a Babe wrapped in swaddling cloths, lying in a manger."
13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying:
14 "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, goodwill toward men!"
15 So it was, when the angels had gone away from them into heaven, that the shepherds said to one another, "Let us now go to Bethlehem and see this thing that has come to pass, which the Lord has made known to us."
16 And they came with haste and found Mary and Joseph, and the Babe lying in a manger.
17 Now when they had seen Him, they made widely known the saying which was told them concerning this Child.
18 And all those who heard it marveled at those things which were told them by the shepherds.
19 But Mary kept all these things and pondered them in her heart.
20 Then the shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things that they had heard and seen, as it was told them.
21 And when eight days were completed for the circumcision of the Child, His name was called Jesus, the name given by the angel before He was conceived in the womb.
(NKJ)

The event with the shepherds occurred shortly after Jesus was born and occurred in the stable.

The wise men showed up at a house when Jesus was already a young child.

Two different events separated time and place.

oatmeal

Other wonderful truths I learned from scripture is that I could speak in tongues like the apostles did on the day of Pentecost.

When I first heard Acts 2:1-4, I wanted that.

But it took another 14 years before I learned the additional scripture I needed to believe to manifest.

What a wonderful joy it is to know that scripture tells me all that is necessary for me to know to believe to speak in tongues like the apostles and other first century believers did.

What God did for them, He will do for anyone who learns and believes.

kayaker

Other wonderful truths I learned from scripture is that I could speak in tongues like the apostles did on the day of Pentecost.

When I first heard Acts 2:1-4, I wanted that.

But it took another 14 years before I learned the additional scripture I needed to believe to manifest.

What a wonderful joy it is to know that scripture tells me all that is necessary for me to know to believe to speak in tongues like the apostles and other first century believers did.

What God did for them, He will do for anyone who learns and believes.

1Corinthians 13:11 KJV "When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things."

And, you didn't babble as a child? Sure, I can vaguely recall my mother's privates when she affectionally bathed me with her. Did your mom run you through the car wash?

Isn't God the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow? Then, the Laws of Leviticus 18:8 KJV, Leviticus 20:11 KJV, Deuteronomy 22:30 KJV, and Deuteronomy 27:20 KJV applied to Shem, Japheth, AND Ham (Genesis 9:22 KJV). Paul even talked about the 'Japhethite'-Gentile natural sense of the Law in Romans 3:14, 15, with particular emphasis on 1Corinthians 5:1 KJV. So, while the tongue speakers are so busy edifying themselves (Genesis 3:4, 5, 6)... a blind wild hawg like me, among the great unwashed, can toss a little scripture on the table, and you regress into childhood Freudian reflections. What was Ham doing in Noah's tent with his blind drunk, passed out parents, Oatmeal? You don't reckon Ham was naked too, do you? Get caught with your knickers 'round your knees on that one? How about putting away childhood Sunday School Bible stories, and shine a little Holy Spirit in Noah's tent, instead of the mirror.

From one of your previous posts, here:

Jesus walked on water, Oatmeal. Tongue speakers levitate... or, did I miss that part in Acts? Has the Holy Spirit connected any dots from Paul's words spoken in tongues in Romans 9:6, 7, 8, 9, 10? Paul did say Abraham had two SONS (Isaac and Ishmael) in Galatians 4:22 KJV... what sayeth the scripture about Abraham's progeny via Keturah in Genesis 25:4? Moses in the Scripture said those were "the children of Keturah," and not Abraham! Jesus said those who instigated the crucifixion were "Abraham's SEED", they just weren't "Abraham's CHILDREN" (John 8:37 KJV). For some reason mysterious to you... those dots do seem to connect among the great unwashed.

Sure, Oatmeal... you keep edifying yourself, and I'll keep searching what the Scripture sayeth. What I've offered here, as a blind wild non-tongues hawg, is corroborated in the Scriptures, when one readily connects the 'utterly' obvious dots. Clearly I'm speaking in tongues to you... And, your tongues diversion obviously hasn't edified the truth on these pivotal issues.

kayaker

oatmeal

1Corinthians 13:11 KJV "When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things."

And, you didn't babble as a child? Sure, I can vaguely recall my mother's privates when she affectionally bathed me with her. Did your mom run you through the car wash?

Isn't God the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow? Then, the Laws of Leviticus 18:8 KJV, Leviticus 20:11 KJV, Deuteronomy 22:30 KJV, and Deuteronomy 27:20 KJV applied to Shem, Japheth, AND Ham (Genesis 9:22 KJV). Paul even talked about the 'Japhethite'-Gentile natural sense of the Law in Romans 3:14, 15, with particular emphasis on 1Corinthians 5:1 KJV. So, while the tongue speakers are so busy edifying themselves (Genesis 3:4, 5, 6)... a blind wild hawg like me, among the great unwashed, can toss a little scripture on the table, and you regress into childhood Freudian reflections. What was Ham doing in Noah's tent with his blind drunk, passed out parents, Oatmeal? You don't reckon Ham was naked too, do you? Get caught with your knickers 'round your knees on that one? How about putting away childhood Sunday School Bible stories, and shine a little Holy Spirit in Noah's tent, instead of the mirror.

From one of your previous posts, here:

Jesus walked on water, Oatmeal. Tongue speakers levitate... or, did I miss that part in Acts? Has the Holy Spirit connected any dots from Paul's words spoken in tongues in Romans 9:6, 7, 8, 9, 10? Paul did say Abraham had two SONS (Isaac and Ishmael) in Galatians 4:22 KJV... what sayeth the scripture about Abraham's progeny via Keturah in Genesis 25:4? Moses in the Scripture said those were "the children of Keturah," and not Abraham! Jesus said those who instigated the crucifixion were "Abraham's SEED", they just weren't "Abraham's CHILDREN" (John 8:37 KJV). For some reason mysterious to you... those dots do seem to connect among the great unwashed.

Sure, Oatmeal... you keep edifying yourself, and I'll keep searching what the Scripture sayeth. What I've offered here, as a blind wild non-tongues hawg, is corroborated in the Scriptures, when one readily connects the 'utterly' obvious dots. Clearly I'm speaking in tongues to you... And, your tongues diversion obviously hasn't edified the truth on these pivotal issues.

kayaker

God commands that you speak in tongues, I Corinthians 14:5

He has no such commandment regarding babbling.

You confuse the noises a baby makes with a manifestation of the gift of holy spirit given to all who have done Romans 10:9-10

It takes an accurate and practical knowledge of scripture to make that distinction.

kayaker

God commands that you speak in tongues, I Corinthians 14:5

He has no such commandment regarding babbling.

You confuse the noises a baby makes with a manifestation of the gift of holy spirit given to all who have done Romans 10:9-10

It takes an accurate and practical knowledge of scripture to make that distinction.

Paul was sent to the Gentiles, primarily, Oatmeal. Unlike Jesus' disciples, Paul was quite fluent in the OT, a very educated dude. It's readily apparent there would be multiple tongues issues, as in language issues, considering Genesis 10:5 KJV as related to conversion of the Gentiles. So, those who have done Romans 10:9-10 begin the journey, and considering Paul's desire to reach the Gentiles, Paul didn't have time to start language classes. Thus: 1Corinthians 14:5 KJV. Language translation was undoubtedly highly desired by Paul to fulfill his mission. I think Paul was emphasizing the importance and necessity of language translation, but not higher than prophesying. Just because one can translate, doesn't inherently mean one can prophesy via those translations.

Meanwhile, you totally circumvent the origin of the Gentiles via Noah's son, Japheth (Genesis 9:22, 10:1, 2, 3, 4 Genesis 10:5 KJV). Highly likely, such is a new concept in your theology. Nonetheless, I suspect you haven't previously examined the 'meat' of those verses that would confound your rendering of 1Corinthians 14:5 KJV. "Feed my sheep" was a command, that's OT knowledge, and it's not your fault such was evidently unfamiliar to you prior to the rendering of Corinthians you proffer... I've never heard anyone who had interest in the ancestry of the Gentiles... it's just like, they were just there. But, it is your choice to overlook the origin of the Gentiles (Genesis 10:5 KJV) that would confound your rendering of Corinthians being such is a cornerstone, to say the least, in your faith paradigm.

I'm confident you achieved Romans 10:9-10, Oatmeal. I also proffer you got caught up in some self-exalting rendering of Corinthians. So... tell you what, Oatmeal... How about asking the one or ones who led you to your notion of the tongues rendering of Corinthians, just ask them off the cuff: Who is the 'father' of the Gentiles? If their impromptu response isn't Japheth... Houston, we have a problem. You at least owe yourself the resolve, Oatmeal. Whether or not you have the faith to be a Matthew 8:19 KJV, Matthew 8:20 KJV follower of Jesus will be determined in your reaction to their answer. I'll not hold my breath... Your undoubtedly extensive, historical evangelist endeavors focusing on your rendering of Corinthians would involve a LOT of back-paddling. I know from experience, back-paddling isn't always easy. There's a lot of individual humility involved... and, there's not a lot of room for individual humility among tongue speakers.

kayaker