Robert's Gospel According to the Apostle Paul

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Why do you refuse to believe what the Lord jesus said at Matthew 13 that at the end of the age there will be a harvest and "the field is the world?

I do believe it, and it happened.

All you are doing is helping Satan pave the way for the beast of Revelation 13:1 with your mistaken teaching that the beast has already come and gone so there is no need to be on guard for his arrival.

Correct.

Your Dispensationalism has led people to believe that just about every famous person is the beast.

Hitler
Stalin
Musalline
Marx
Brezknev
Gorbachev
Putin
Reagan
Nixon
Ford
Kissinger
Sadat
George H Bush
George W Bush
Clinton
Obama
Trump

I could go on, and on, and on.

Some Dispensationalist has accused everyone of the above men as being the beast/anti-Christ.

All because you Dispies think there's a beast coming.

And who do you say that beast was? I need a good laugh because I haven't had a good one since the Ravens won their last game!

Probably Nero, but I don't know for sure.

Nero persecuted the unbelieving Jews, and the early Christians.

Jerry Shugart

It came upon every unbelieving Jew from every nation in the world.

That is not what the Lord Jesus said because he said that the harvest is at the end of the age and the field is the WORLD when "the Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil."

Do you actually take pleasure in perverting the words of the Lord Jesus?

Nero died in 68 AD, two years before the destruction of Jerusalem!

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That is not what the Lord Jesus said because he said that the harvest is at the end of the age and the field is the WORLD when "the Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil."

The "end of the age" only applied to the Jews in the first century.

It was the unbelieving Jews (the tares) who were sent to the fire.

The Gentiles who lived throughout the world were not under the Old Covenant. The prophecies did not pertain to the Gentiles, only to the Jews.

Jerry Shugart

So the Lord Jesus was wrong when He said that His angels will "weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil."

According to your ideas the Lord Jesus was confused because His angels weeded out only some people in the Roman Empire who do evil and not them all.

Nero died in 68 AD. Do you still think that he was the beast of Revelation 13:1?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Nero died in 68 AD, two years before the destruction of Jerusalem!

I know.

But it was Nero who sent Vespasian to lay siege on Jerusalem. After Nero died, there was the Year of the Four Emperors, and then Vespasian became emperor, and then sent his son Titus to finish off Jerusalem.

LIke I said, I'm not sure. It could have been all of those emperors who were the beast, or one of them, or some combination of them.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So the Lord Jesus was wrong when He said that His angels will "weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil."

Nope.

The unbelieving Jews from every nation suffered misery like never seen before, and not seen since, from 66AD-70AD in Jerusalem.

Jerry Shugart

Nope.

The unbelieving Jews from every nation suffered misery like never seen before, and not seen since, from 66AD-70AD in Jerusalem.

That is not what the Lord Jesus said. To you His word "everything" means only some things. In order to cling to your theology you prove that you are more than willing to pervert what the Lord Jesus said.

Last edited:

Hawkins

Has the following already happened?

Revelation 21:1-4 (NIV)
Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.
I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.
And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God.
He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."

Revelation 22:3-7 (NIV)
No longer will there be any curse. The throne of God and of the Lamb will be in the city, and his servants will serve him.
They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads.
There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light. And they will reign for ever and ever.
The angel said to me, "These words are trustworthy and true. The Lord, the God of the spirits of the prophets, sent his angel to show his servants the things that must soon take place."

Prophecies are how God speaks through His prophets. They can be in a way for the prophets to tell a near future (such as AD 70) but for God to foretell a much further future, which is the end time in the book of Revelation.

clefty

Revelation 21:1-4 (NIV)
Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.
I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.
And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God.
He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."

Revelation 22:3-7 (NIV)
No longer will there be any curse. The throne of God and of the Lamb will be in the city, and his servants will serve him.
They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads.
There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light. And they will reign for ever and ever.
The angel said to me, "These words are trustworthy and true. The Lord, the God of the spirits of the prophets, sent his angel to show his servants the things that must soon take place."

Prophecies are how God speaks through His prophets. They can be in a way for the prophets to tell a near future (such as AD 70) but for God to foretell a much further future, which is the end time in the book of Revelation.

Isaiah was clear that in the new earth and new heaven ALL flesh will come and worship from Sabbath to Sabbath

Can’t even get agreement here in TOL to that detail...

Right Divider

Body part
Just wait for his funny explanation for that. :french:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Yes to both.

I'll give you an example of a prophecy from Revelation that was fulfilled. We learn that it was fulfilled from secular history:

(Rev 16:19) And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath.

“it so happened that the sedition at Jerusalem was revived, and parted into three factions, and that one faction fought against the other; which partition in such evil cases may be said to be a good thing, and the effect of divine justice.” - Josephus, Wars of the Jews 5:1:1

clefty

Yes to both.

I'll give you an example of a prophecy from Revelation that was fulfilled. We learn that it was fulfilled from secular history:

(Rev 16:19) And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath.

“it so happened that the sedition at Jerusalem was revived, and parted into three factions, and that one faction fought against the other; which partition in such evil cases may be said to be a good thing, and the effect of divine justice.” - Josephus, Wars of the Jews 5:1:1

Where’s the lion and the lamb part and death and hell thrown into the lake of fire?

Oh and Isaiah’s Sabbah to sabbath all mankind worshipping...

Hawkins

Yes to both.

Instead I will show you hear how a prophecy can have multiple realizations.

Daniel 9:27 (NIV2011)
He will confirm a covenant with many for one ‘seven.’ In the middle of the ‘seven’ he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And at the temple he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him.”

To Daniel it can be about a situation where the first temple was destroyed with the Jews exiled.

To Jesus it can be about a situation where the second temple was destroyed with the Jews exiled.

Matthew 24:15 (NIV2011)
So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination that causes desolation,’ spoken of through the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand—

To God, it can be yet another prophecy fore-telling the end time.

That said, the following single verse alone shows that "this has not yet happened".

Revelation 21:4 (NIV2011)
He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.

God is the Alpha, He is the Omega. He knows both the past and the future. Naturally Genesis thus marks how our earth began, while Revelation marks how our earth ends. The Bible with its God doesn't end in AD 70 as you trying to put here.