Robert's Gospel According to the Apostle Paul

john w

Hall of Fame
How can the law still be in place with no Levitical priesthood, and no temple?

In other words, since you don't understand it, you assert no more good, holy, spiritual law of God.

So, you assert that Christ did not die for anyone's sin, since there is no more good, holy, spiritual law of God, that defines sin/transgressions,and thus the corresponding incurred sin debt, since sin is the transgression of the law, and sin is not imputed, where there is no law.

john w

Hall of Fame
Is the law in place today?

Yes, it exists, it is "in place," to give the lost knowledge of what sin is, and lead them to Christ, as their school master. Christians are not "under" it, as they are dead to it-but the law is not dead to them. But it still exists, and functions, as it always has, as a "slave driver," to the lost,of which the children of Israel being under bondage, in Egypt, pictures.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Do you still make animal sacrifices for sin?
I can't remember for sure what the sacrifice or offering is, but with the temple there were still things that took place away from the temple. I don't. But with a temple I can.
How can the law still be in place with no Levitical priesthood, and no temple?
I don't understand your question. Are you thinking that the Levitical priesthood has been done away with, and the temple, and so also the law? What if the law has been done away with but not heaven and earth? Different ways of thinking sir. I had a Rabbi who was of Levi, and I chose the tribe of Levi when I became an Israelite. I am a convert.

john w

Hall of Fame
I understand the law.

By understanding it, there is no way it can be in place today.

Paul explains it in Galatians 5

So, it no longer exists? It is no longer is "in place," to reveal to the lost, what sin is,...

Romans 3:20 KJV Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Romans 7 KJV
7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

Go ahead, on record, and assert that the law no longer exists, to reveal the knowledge of sin, to the lost, such as Paul once was,. and why it no longer exists, to serve as a schoolmaster, to lead the lost, to Christ, per Galatians 3:24 KJV.

Set the record straight.

john w

Hall of Fame
If a Christian is committing adultery should they stop doing it?

Should they stop because it is wrong according to the law of Moses?

How does anyone know that adultery/coveting, ..................................... is wrong, if there is no objective standard, defining it as such?

1 John 3:4 KJV Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Romans 7 KJV
7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

Here is a "softball:" Is murder wrong? Why? Because you say so?

Let me guess: Whatever you think is wrong, that is up to you.....

It is called subjectivity, Judges 21:25 KJV.

As asked: How can Christ die for our sins, if there is no longer any holy, spiritual, good law of God, defining said sin/transgression, and the resulting sin debt/penalty?

It is a simple question.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I can't remember for sure what the sacrifice or offering is, but with the temple there were still things that took place away from the temple. I don't. But with a temple I can.

The temple was destroyed in 70AD.

No atonement can be made away from the temple.

Without a temple, there is no atonement (under the law)

I don't understand your question. Are you thinking that the Levitical priesthood has been done away with

The priesthood changed, and so did the law:

(Heb 7:12 KJV) For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

and the temple, and so also the law?

see above

What if the law has been done away with but not heaven and earth?

"heaven and earth" isn't literal, it refers to the old covenant.

Different ways of thinking sir. I had a Rabbi who was of Levi, and I chose the tribe of Levi when I became an Israelite. I am a convert.

Your rabbi CANNOT trace his lineage to the tribe of Levi.

john w

Hall of Fame
If a Christian is committing adultery should they stop doing it?

Should they stop because it is wrong according to the law of Moses?

If there is no objective law defining adultery as a sin/transgression, why is it either wrong/right to stop doing it?

If there is no law against breaking the speed limit, should people not speed? Why,or why not?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Here is a "softball:" Is murder wrong?

Jesus tells how we know what is right and wrong:

(Matt 7:12 KJV) Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If there is no law against breaking the speed limit, should people not speed? Why,or why not?

In Germany, there is no speed limit, and you can go as fast as you want.

In the USA, all highways have speed limits.

What you are claiming is that the law (speed limit of 80 in Texas) is in place, but if you get caught going 100mph, you are not guilty, because you are free from the law.

That doesn't make any sense.

There's either a speed limit, or there isn't. You can't say there is one, but at the same time, say some people are exempt from it.

john w

Hall of Fame

(Matt 7:12 KJV) Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

Non responsive.

Someone to you: I think that no one should take my money from me in taxes, as that is what I think other men, such as yourself, would want. Therefore, taxation is a sin. I think that suicide bombings, blowing up abortion clinics, as that which other men would approve, and it would not be something that they would mind me doing.. Therefore, these are not sins. I think that having 8 wives, and "sleeping around," does not really hurt other men, per Matthew 7:12, so they are not really sins.

Nice butcher the context, clown.

Tell us why murder is wrong, objectively, and why coveting is wrong, objectively. Tell us Paul learned that coveting is wrong, not by the law.

Go ahead.

clefty

Slander Paul?
yes and Stephen Acts 6:13-14 24:12-13 see? it was jewish false witness that sought to stir up the people accusing Stephen and then Paul of teaching the cross changed their laws and customs...

Here is what Paul said:

(Rom 13:8 KJV) Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

Ahhh yes...love...what type of love the love of the world? How pagans love? How Buddhists love each other? Muslims? All these people L O V E...neat eh?

No Yahushua was clear we are to “love one another AS I HAVE LOVED YOU”

So did He ever invite anyone over for Sunday Ham dinners after Sunday church? NO...so WWJD? do THAT...and that will be love as He loved you...and fulfilling the still existing law...

Can’t change a covenant after the testator is dead...dont be thinking you can add or edit a contract He signed with His blood and SEALED with His death...NO FURTHER CHANGES...

Again...WWJD? Do THAT...that is the love as He loved you...and duh that fulfills the law...

Obviously the law wasnt abolished at the cross as it remains to fulfill with our WWJD? love...

Copy me as I copy Christ Paul said...

Worshipped on Sabbaths and festivals and Peter even kept kosher...

Oh and fulfilling the recipe is not destroying it ok? It is left to fulfill again and again...

But relax...His yoke is easy His burden is light...

john w

Hall of Fame

So, do you commit sins?

What law did you transgress, since sin is the transgression of the law?

Christ died four our sins-tell us how so, if there is no objective law, defining the sin, and resulting sin debt/penalty,for which He might die?

As asked. Go on record.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Tell us why murder is wrong, objectively, and why coveting is wrong, objectively. Tell us Paul learned that coveting is wrong, not by the law.

(Heb 7:11 KJV) If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron?

Without the Levitical Priesthood, there is no law. The law and priesthood are inseparable.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
yes and Stephen Acts 6:13-14 24:12-13 see it was false witnesss that sought to stir up the people accusing Stephen and then Paul of teaching the cross changed the laws and customs...

Both the Law and Priesthood changed:

(Heb 7:12 KJV) For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

Old Covenant = Levitical Priesthood

New Covenant - Melchisedec Priesthood

I live in the New Covenant. Which covenant do you live in?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Two Laws:

1) Law of sin and death
2) Law of the Spirit

(Rom 8:2 KJV) For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Two Priesthoods:

1) Levitical
2) Melchizedek