ECT Rightly Dividing

john w

Hall of Fame
Same message two different audiences.

Another debate ender, assert/pound the podium/declare "victory," return to "Same message...It all says the same thing" echo chamber.

Standard fare, not paying attention to details in the bible, like Adam and Eve, Moses.............. did not do, a book, and thus LORD God, of details.

achduke

Prior to the late 1800's, early 1900's, not a single person corrected the KJB, or believed in the satanic "Originals only-ism," "The Hebrew only-ism," "The Greek only-ism," or "Error only-ism."

So there.

Before the 1517 Everyone was Catholic. Are you going back to the Pope?

john w

Hall of Fame
Does not hurt my feelings at all. I would still listen to the holy spirit if he leads you to something unless it goes against scripture then it is not the holy spirit.

So, you decide, if/when something "goes against the scripture," and thus "then it is not the holy spirit?" You're "listening" to the holy Spirit, "trumps" ours/others? Says who? How convenient.

The above statement, by many, that are allegedly members of the boc, says NADA, means NADA, adds NADA to anyone's respective argument, and is sophistry, "filler."

achduke

So, you decide, if/when something "goes against the scripture," and thus "then it is not the holy spirit?" You're "listening" to the holy Spirit, "trumps" ours/others? Says who? How convenient.

The above statement, by many, that are allegedly members of the boc, says NADA, means NADA, adds NADA to anyone's respective argument, and is sophistry, "filler."

Galatians 1:8-9
1 John 4:3

Galatians 1:8-9
8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

1 John 4:3
3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

Jerry Shugart

There can be no doubt whatsoever that Heir is correct, and Jerry is wrong.

QED.

Jerry taught us that.

Another thing which I taught is that a Christian can indeed have no doubt about his beliefs. Can you not say that there is no doubt that the Lord Jesus died on the cross and then He was resurrected from the dead?

I can also say that there is no doubt that those who believe will not perish but have everlasting life:

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (Jn.3:16).​

Since there is no doubt about that I cannot understand why those in the Neo-MAD community say that the Jews who lived under the law were not saved by "faith" alone since they say that those Jews could not be saved apart from works.

Of course you are under no obligation to answer why those in the Neo-MAD community would say that but since you are one of the brightest among them perhaps you could share your wisdom with us as to why we should not believe that "faith" alone was sufficeient for their salvation?

heir

TOL Subscriber
good question

the answer is
it is not in scripture
You deny the gospel too, and it too is in scripture.

chrys hates God's word because it exposes him and his idolatrous religion for what it is.

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Jerry Shugart

The best example of 'rightly dividing' that I know of is:

And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou? And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.

He correctly understood The Word of God to explain what he believed as Truth.

That is one way whereby a Jew living under the law could obtain eternal life but in order to obtain it that way one had to keep the law perfectly. And no one ever did that but the lord Jesus.

Here is another way that the Jews who lived under the law could obtain eternal life. The Lord Jesus told them the following:

"Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life" (Jn.5:24).​

In this verse the Greek word translated "believes" and the Greek word translated "has" are both in the "present" tense.

In The Blue Letter Bible we read the following meaning of the present tense:

"The present tense represents a simple statement of fact or reality viewed as occurring in actual time. In most cases this corresponds directly with the English present tense."

Therefore, John 5:24 is saying that those who were believing at the time the Lord Jesus spoke those words had already received eternal life. That is what is meant as something being "viewed as occurring in actual time."

So once those who lived under the law believed they received received eternal life. And the receiving of it was completely apart from law keeping.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Chrys,
Are you saying you don't know that it comes from I Tim 3:16? Or are you saying that the KJV is a bad trans?

The drift of Paul's thought there has nothing to do with how God has organized the ages, ie, before/after Christ. It has to do with pastoral challenges. So when the Dispensationalists popularized the expression RD, they once again showed that they look for sound bytes rather than the true, solid background.
The solid ground to which we hold fast are the sound words of the apostle Paul in Romans through Philemon.

2 Timothy 1:13 Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

You ignore to whom the dispensation of the gospel, the dispensation of the grace of God and the dispensation of God were committed/given. You shouldn't do that. If you're saved, it's going to mess with your reward, big time 1 Corinthians 3:10-15 KJV!

Last edited:

Jerry Shugart

You ignore to whom the dispensation of God, the dispensation of the grace of God and the dispensation of God were committed/given. you shouldn't do that. If you're saved, it's going to mess with your reward, big time 1 Corinthians 3:10-15 KJV!

The Greek word translated "dispensation" means a "stewardship" and those who have been given the stewardship responsibility are called "stewards."

And all Christians have been given the stewardship of preaching the gospel of God's grace:

"Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms" (1 Pet.4:10).​

achduke

The Greek word translated "dispensation" means a "stewardship" and those who have been given the stewardship responsibility are called "stewards."

And all Christians have been given the stewardship of preaching the gospel of God's grace:

"Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms" (1 Pet.4:10).​

Thanks Jerry,

I did not know this.

Danoh

...you are one of the brightest among them...

I hate to agree with this clown on anything; as he will just use it to toot is own horn louder.

But in the above, well, hip, hip, hooray - though he was just baiting John W, the clown was nevertheless right; hands down, John W does appear to be one of the brightest among those in Mid-Acts.

Frankly, its too bad we don't see far more of your many excellent posts, John W.

In this, that aid of the Adversary against The Mystery of Christ, Teltelestai; has far too often succeeded in distracting you John W, from posting more of your many great insights, brother.

To everyone's loss, dear brother.

Danoh

Chrys,
Are you saying you don't know that it comes from I Tim 3:16? Or are you saying that the KJV is a bad trans?

The drift of Paul's thought there has nothing to do with how God has organized the ages, ie, before/after Christ. It has to do with pastoral challenges. So when the Dispensationalists popularized the expression RD, they once again showed that they look for sound bytes rather than the true, solid background.

So much for the Apostle Paul's own perspective - Time Past - But Now - The Ages to Come...

Ephesians 2:

11. Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
12. That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
13. But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

7. That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

It is "Dispensational" in that Paul refers to his God-given perspective as to that as that "dispensation of [from] God... given me for you - Even the Mystery.

Colossians 1:

25. Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;
26. Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:

There you have The Dispensation of the Mystery, whether your endless books supposedly based on Scripture, their very foundation, the lost man Josephus, subscribe to this or not.

heir

TOL Subscriber

The above is, but another typical Bible corrector response.

The King James Bible gets it right every single time and it is from there that we can see clearly just who the dispensations I mentioned above were committed and given to.

1 Corinthians 9:17 For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me.

Ephesians 3:1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,

Ephesians 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

Colossians 1:24 Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church:

Colossians 1:25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;

heir

TOL Subscriber
We, in the Body of Christ, are ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God

1 Corinthians 4:1 Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God.

Sadly, you opt out of both.

Danoh

The above is, but another typical Bible corrector response.

The King James Bible gets it right every single time and it is from there that we can see clearly just who the dispensations I mentioned above were committed and given to.

1 Corinthians 9:17 For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me.

Ephesians 3:1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,

Ephesians 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

Colossians 1:24 Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church:

Colossians 1:25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;

I like that. Its perfection - its perfect distinction between that once kept a Mystery Grace first given Paul, Eph. 3, Col. 1, and that Prophesied Grace that Peter had preached, Acts 3; 1 Peter 1.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
In this, that aid of the Adversary against The Mystery of Christ, Teltelestai; has far too often succeeded in distracting you John W, from posting more of your many great insights, brother.

You should ask little Johnny W why he once self-banned himself.

Jerry Shugart

Of course those of the Body of Christ are stewards of the mysteries of God:

"Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God" (1 Cor.4:1).​

How is it possible for those in the Body of Christ to preach the "mystery of the gospel" if we are not made stewards of the gospel?:

"And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel" (Eph.3:6-9).​

But you say that those in the Body are not made stewards of the gospel of God's grace.