Revelation 11:2. Forty-Two Months.

Aimiel

The abomination of desolation is only mentioned two places: Daniel and Revelation. I don't believe that is a coincidence. I believe they're related. Also, as I've said: the full meaning of Daniel's prophecy and the book of Revelation have yet to be revealed.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The abomination of desolation is only mentioned two places: Daniel and Revelation. I don't believe that is a coincidence. I believe they're related. Also, as I've said: the full meaning of Daniel's prophecy and the book of Revelation have yet to be revealed.
You are incorrect if you think that Jesus did not mention it. You may be incorrect altogether.

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber

Mat 24:15KJV Mar 13:14KJV Luk 21:20KJV

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
Revelation is in chronological order. The first seal isn't broken yet. The first angel hasn't sounded.

Revelation concerns itself with things that would come to pass in the first century, not 2000+ years in the future.

Rev 1:1KJV

This is Revelation 101 - get this one wrong and you will get everything else wrong.

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
So, you believe that the last chapter of Revelation has already completed, then, right? :duh:

I believe that Rev 1:1 is an immovable interpretation parameter and is enforced by John with the words in verse 3 that "the time is at hand".

That is not to say that he may have made reference to past or future things, by way of connecting details, but that the majority of the visions and signs have their immediate fulfillment at, or very close to, the time the book was written.

Aimiel

I believe that Rev 1:1 is an immovable interpretation parameter and is enforced by John with the words in verse 3 that "the time is at hand".

That is not to say that he may have made reference to past or future things, by way of connecting details, but that the majority of the visions and signs have their immediate fulfillment at, or very close to, the time the book was written.
I realize that you believe that, but that doesn't make it true.

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
I realize that you believe that, but that doesn't make it true.

This is the problem with opinion for opinion's sake, and here is a comment typical of those who follow opinion instead of being prepared to learn from the Bible, regardless of where it leads. And it is the largest contributor to the disunity of the Church that is so often the reason given by unbelievers for dismissing Christianity.

Never did I say that my believing something made it true, yet here is a feeble attempt to make it seem as if I did. This person made the bald assertion, from ignorance, that the only place in the Bible that the abomination of desolation was mentioned was in Daniel and Revelation. I provided 3 verses from the gospels that proved this to be incorrect yet there is no acknowledgement. This person would rather everyone forget that they were proven wrong by the very words of scripture because it weakens their standing as believable contributors.

In addition, God's Word gives clear instructions in the first 3 verses of Revelation about how the book should be approached but because this does not fit with a pre-conceived notion it is considered unimportant.

In order to steer the conversation away from objective truth and the ignorance they have been caught in, a lie is surreptitiously invented that I am so enamored with myself that my believing it makes it true. But my only appeal has been to scripture; something that this person only has respect for if it plays into their interpretive system. The third verse tells us to read, hear and keep the things that are written. If this is not done in the first 3 verses, you can be sure the conclusions will be wrong.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Not at all. Parts have been fulfilled, obviously, but it is mostly future happenings.

Well maybe what you see as having been fulfilled would be seen the same way or a different way by someone else. I don't know.

Aimiel

Well maybe what you see as having been fulfilled would be seen the same way or a different way by someone else. I don't know.
God purposely designed His Word not only with built-in mysteries but also with contention, such that non-believers will have questions about nearly any doctrine to allow for conversation and believers will have differences of opinion on many doctrines to stimulate conversations between one another.

Then they that feared the Lord spake often one to another: and the Lord hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the Lord, and that thought upon his name.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
God purposely designed His Word not only with built-in mysteries but also with contention, such that non-believers will have questions about nearly any doctrine to allow for conversation and believers will have differences of opinion on many doctrines to stimulate conversations between one another.

Then they that feared the Lord spake often one to another: and the Lord hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the Lord, and that thought upon his name.

When were the events of Revelation to take place?

Aimiel

Good question. He said, "Shortly," but He has a different viewpoint of time than the rest of us.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Good question. He said, "Shortly," but He has a different viewpoint of time than the rest of us.

Okay. It has been less than 2000 years since then. Start from the beginning is the way to go. Also, I believe that you said that the book of Revelation is chronological, and I suppose thinking about the timing or time frame of the things in Revelation or the different parts of Revelation might be appropriate.