Revelation 11:2. Forty-Two Months.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Does anyone know what the forty-two months are here in Revelation 11:2?
Revelation 11:2 NASB
“Leave out the court which is outside the temple and do not measure it, for it has been given to the nations; and they will tread under foot the holy city for forty-two months.​

Aimiel

Obviously, this chapter talks about the 'beast' that ascends out of hell which puts the timeframe in the great tribulation. The Temple will be rebuilt before this takes place.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Obviously, this chapter talks about the 'beast' that ascends out of hell which puts the timeframe in the great tribulation. The Temple will be rebuilt before this takes place.

What leads you to these conclusions?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Does anyone know what the forty-two months are here in Revelation 11:2?
Revelation 11:2 NASB
“Leave out the court which is outside the temple and do not measure it, for it has been given to the nations; and they will tread under foot the holy city for forty-two months.​

Has it already taken place?

Aimiel

When is the Great Tribulation and what is it about?
Most believe that it occurs after the rapture, where every Christian believer is taken from the earth where we'll meet with The Lord in the air. There are seven seals which will begin the unfolding of God's Mystery, seven angels who blow their trumpets, each of which announces a new level of God's outpouring of wrath upon the earth for men's un-belief. Some believe the rapture takes place in the middle of the great tribulation while others believe in a post-trib rapture; and still others believe there is no rapture. I've read several books describing and decrypting the book of Revelation but don't agree with everything in any of them, having determined a different viewpoint from what I read in Scripture and taking into account my experiences with God. Every time I read The Bible I get more from It and I don't believe that will ever come to an end. God has patience with sin but one day that patience comes to an end. There's flying scorpions and 35 pound rocks falling from the sky and 1/3 of fresh water turning bitter and 1/3 of the oceans turning to blood in those days, among other things.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Most believe that it occurs after the rapture, where every Christian believer is taken from the earth where we'll meet with The Lord in the air. There are seven seals which will begin the unfolding of God's Mystery, seven angels who blow their trumpets, each of which announces a new level of God's outpouring of wrath upon the earth for men's un-belief. Some believe the rapture takes place in the middle of the great tribulation while others believe in a post-trib rapture; and still others believe there is no rapture. I've read several books describing and decrypting the book of Revelation but don't agree with everything in any of them, having determined a different viewpoint from what I read in Scripture and taking into account my experiences with God. Every time I read The Bible I get more from It and I don't believe that will ever come to an end. God has patience with sin but one day that patience comes to an end. There's flying scorpions and 35 pound rocks falling from the sky and 1/3 of fresh water turning bitter and 1/3 of the oceans turning to blood in those days, among other things.

You should start over with wanting to know what the scriptures reveal rather than having your own ideas or experiences that you want scripture to be reconciled with.

Many people believe in a seven year tribulation. I don't. I haven't seen one in scripture.

Aimiel

You should start over with wanting to know what the scriptures reveal rather than having your own ideas or experiences that you want scripture to be reconciled with.
Been there. Done that. I have several T-shirts.
Many people believe in a seven year tribulation. I don't. I haven't seen one in scripture.
You haven't looked very closely, then. I didn't, either, until I studied Revelation, in depth.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Been there. Done that. I have several T-shirts.You haven't looked very closely, then. I didn't, either, until I studied Revelation, in depth.

I am asking a question.

Revelation, yes.

The first time we find this length of time, this time period, is with Elijah.
James 5:17 NASB - Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and it did not rain on the earth for three years and six months.​

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Revelation is in chronological order. The first seal isn't broken yet. The first angel hasn't sounded.

I will think about what you are saying here. I am listening to teaching on Revelation right now. I haven't made it to the first chapter yet, but I started with some of the eleventh chapter. Apparently there is something again in chapter thirteen.

Revelation 13:5
There was given to him a mouth speaking arrogant words and blasphemies, and authority to act for forty-two months was given to him.

Aimiel

I believe, again, from what I've gleaned: the Antichrist will rule the earth for half the tribulation and then men will become even more evil than him and take over his enterprises. I've read several prophecies and even seen dreams (from myself and others) that coincide with this theory.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I believe, again, from what I've gleaned: the Antichrist will rule the earth for half the tribulation and then men will become even more evil than him and take over his enterprises. I've read several prophecies and even seen dreams (from myself and others) that coincide with this theory.

I am not sure about what you are saying. I question it. I don't see any Biblical justification or warrant for this view. You are welcome to share and put forth your idea but to begin with I don't see a seven year tribulation, like I have said. If you fear God maybe you will think twice before sharing your view. Rather we should present what the scriptures say, what they teach, rather than what we want to believe.

Aimiel

He hasn't revealed the meaning of all of Daniel yet, but Daniel 9:27 depicts a week of years (seven).