ECT Rethinking Eschatology

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Any eschatology that begins with replacement theology will end up being wrong.

Jacobs trouble occurred while he was a believer in Genesis.

Jacobs trouble in the future (also in the past) refers to the troubles (tribulation) that the young believers go through in order to transform them into men and women of true faith, the same as did Jacob who wrestled with the angel and overcame, thus being changed to Israel.

Do not regard the fight between the Jews and Catholics as to who are Gods people, as having anything to do with the truth.

The apple of Gods eye are the Christians, not the Jew , not the Gentiles, and not the denominations.

LA

Interplanner

Any eschatology that begins with replacement theology will end up being wrong.

The problem with that GO is that the real RT issue is back in Gal 3:17 and the tables are turned. It is Paul responding to how Judaism sees things and saying that its view has created confusion. The answer? To see things as Paul does in Gal 3. Christ is the Seed to whom the promises were made and all those who have faith in him share in those promises.

Interplanner

Jacobs trouble occurred while he was a believer in Genesis.

Jacobs trouble in the future (also in the past) refers to the troubles (tribulation) that the young believers go through in order to transform them into men and women of true faith, the same as did Jacob who wrestled with the angel and overcame, thus being changed to Israel.

Do not regard the fight between the Jews and Catholics as to who are Gods people, as having anything to do with the truth.

The apple of Gods eye are the Christians, not the Jew , not the Gentiles, and not the denominations.

LA

Way off the context several times LA. If there was a future to it, it was the cataclysm of the generation that had the choice between working in Messiah's mission or fighting for Israel against Rome in a futile struggle.

That last line is good.

Last edited:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Way off the context several times LA. If there was a future to it, it was the cataclysm of the generation that had the choice between working in Messiah's mission or fighting for Israel against Rome in a futile struggle.

Only believers who are or have been being truly sanctified, know about the tribulation of Jacob.

You do not.

LA

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
The actual words of Jesus are already in the Bible.
They can be seen easily by comparing the three versions of the Olivet Discourse.

In the following verses, the actual words of Jesus are in red, the words that are from the writers of the Gospel and not from Jesus are highlighted, and the actual words of Jesus that were replaced in the other Gospels are underlined.

Matthew 24:15-16
15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand: )
16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:​

Mark 13:14
14 But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains:​

Luke 21:20-21
20 And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.
21 Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto.

I can't believe no one has challenged you on this

how do you determine what Jesus didn't say?
with colors?
the writers didn't use colors

so when are you going to publish your version of the bible with all the colors
so
we can finally learn what Jesus didn't say

Interplanner

"let the reader understand" is the only thing that could possibly be added when Mark transcribed the first written from the Aramaic verbal. It is an instruction to a person who could read publically for the Christian group.

See also 7:3-4.

Danoh

"let the reader understand" is the only thing that could possibly be added when Mark transcribed the first written from the Aramaic verbal. It is an instruction to a person who could read publically for the Christian group.

I take it you hold to the view of those who assert that Mark's gospel has all sorts of mistakes in it...

genuineoriginal

LA
The Christians are a fulfillment of this prophecy:

Deuteronomy 32:21
21 They have moved me to jealousy with that which is not God; they have provoked me to anger with their vanities: and I will move them to jealousy with those which are not a people; I will provoke them to anger with a foolish nation.​

That prophecy is followed by this prophecy, which is waiting fulfillment:

Deuteronomy 32:43
43 Rejoice, O ye nations, with his people: for he will avenge the blood of his servants, and will render vengeance to his adversaries, and will be merciful unto his land, and to his people.​

God will rise in vengeance against those that treated the children of Israel badly during their time of exile.

genuineoriginal

The problem with that GO is that the real RT issue is back in Gal 3:17 and the tables are turned. It is Paul responding to how Judaism sees things and saying that its view has created confusion. The answer? To see things as Paul does in Gal 3. Christ is the Seed to whom the promises were made and all those who have faith in him share in those promises.
Pharisaic Judaism, which became the modern Rabbinical Judaism, is a problem that the children of Israel will need to deal with, since it is currently preventing them from recognizing the Messiah.

However, the prophecies speak of a time to come when the children of Israel will lose their blindness and see the Messiah for who He really is.

genuineoriginal

I can't believe no one has challenged you on this

how do you determine what Jesus didn't say?
It is easy to tell by the words that the writers put into the verses.

In both Matthew and Mark, the phrase from Luke is missing and a new phrase is added with the words, "let the reader understand."

Interplanner

Pharisaic Judaism, which became the modern Rabbinical Judaism, is a problem that the children of Israel will need to deal with, since it is currently preventing them from recognizing the Messiah.

However, the prophecies speak of a time to come when the children of Israel will lose their blindness and see the Messiah for who He really is.

There is no more dealing the nation. Individuals might lose blindness but there are no more prophecies about the nation. What's the last statement about it in Acts 28? But even before that, Acts 26's material tells us why there are no more prophecies: what they were expecting arrived in the resurrection of Christ! So that all who believe could be justified from their sins.

Danoh

In other words, what Interplanner is asserting is that Mark was not inspired.

Interplanner

Stop while you are ahead Danoh. That's not it at all. There were very ordinary humans steps along the way to a document considered inspired vs. not. I guess you haven't read Stroebel on the progression from verbal Aramaic to written Greek. Oh, that's right, you only read your books.

Danoh

Stop while you are ahead Danoh. That's not it at all. There were very ordinary humans steps along the way to a document considered inspired vs. not. I guess you haven't read Stroebel on the progression from verbal Aramaic to written Greek. Oh, that's right, you only read your books.

Let's see, how does it go in your part of the world - Mark was created from handed down oral traditions, from a Q Gospel your idols have had to reconstruct, from Matthew and Luke, which were created from Mark, or some such - way after Paul wrote .

Its why you always take issue whenever I quote 2 Tim. 3:16-17; your belief that is not referring to the NT.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Christians are a fulfillment of this prophecy:

Deuteronomy 32:21
21 They have moved me to jealousy with that which is not God; they have provoked me to anger with their vanities: and I will move them to jealousy with those which are not a people; I will provoke them to anger with a foolish nation.​

That prophecy is followed by this prophecy, which is waiting fulfillment:

Deuteronomy 32:43
43 Rejoice, O ye nations, with his people: for he will avenge the blood of his servants, and will render vengeance to his adversaries, and will be merciful unto his land, and to his people.​

God will rise in vengeance against those that treated the children of Israel badly during their time of exile.

You are mistaken if you think God will avenge the blood of Judaism which rejects Christ.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

That has been occurring from the beginning of the church in Acts.

Salvation is individual.

Act 3:22 For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you.
Act 3:23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.
Act 3:24 Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
There is no more dealing the nation. Individuals might lose blindness but there are no more prophecies about the nation. What's the last statement about it in Acts 28? But even before that, Acts 26's material tells us why there are no more prophecies: what they were expecting arrived in the resurrection of Christ! So that all who believe could be justified from their sins.

When Christ returns He will gather His Nation into one place.

Deu 30:1 And it shall come to pass, when all these things are come upon thee, the blessing and the curse, which I have set before thee, and thou shalt call them to mind among all the nations, whither the LORD thy God hath driven thee,
Deu 30:2 And shalt return unto the LORD thy God, and shalt obey his voice according to all that I command thee this day, thou and thy children, with all thine heart, and with all thy soul;
Deu 30:3 That then the LORD thy God will turn thy captivity
, and have compassion upon thee, and will return and gather thee from all the nations, whither the LORD thy God hath scattered thee.
Deu 30:4 If any of thine be driven out unto the outmost parts of heaven, from thence will the LORD thy God gather thee, and from thence will he fetch thee:
Deu 30:5 And the LORD thy God will bring thee into the land which thy fathers possessed, and thou shalt possess it; and he will do thee good, and multiply thee above thy fathers.
Deu 30:6 And the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.
Deu 30:7 And the LORD thy God will put all these curses upon thine enemies, and on them that hate thee, which persecuted thee.
Deu 30:8 And thou shalt return and obey the voice of the LORD, and do all his commandments which I command thee this day.
Deu 30:9 And the LORD thy God will make thee plenteous in every work of thine hand, in the fruit of thy body, and in the fruit of thy cattle, and in the fruit of thy land, for good: for the LORD will again rejoice over thee for good, as he rejoiced over thy fathers:
Deu 30:10 If thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep his commandments and his statutes which are written in this book of the law, and if thou turn unto the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul.
Deu 30:11 For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off.
Deu 30:12 It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?
Deu 30:13 Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?
Deu 30:14 But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it.
Deu 30:15 See, I have set before thee this day life and good, and death and evil;
Deu 30:16 In that I command thee this day to love the LORD thy God, to walk in his ways, and to keep his commandments and his statutes and his judgments, that thou mayest live and multiply: and the LORD thy God shall bless thee in the land whither thou goest to possess it.

1Pe 2:6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.
1Pe 2:7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,
1Pe 2:8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.
1Pe 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:
1Pe 2:10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

LA

Interplanner

His people already are a nation, Mt 21's vineyard parable. They are already in "one place" in Christ. The OT passages are useful, but must be informed by NT quotes of them, and they are not geographic.