Rescue Mode

glorydaz

For example, don't swim across the lake. Or, stay inside the designated swimming area. Or, no running on the deck. Or, no running on the dock.

For people who have been taught to swim, swimming across the lake is wonderful. People swim across the English Channel and get prizes for doing so. Those who have been taught to swim don't have to be told to say in some certain designated swimming area. They learned about currents etc. when they learned to swim. Running on the dock is fine for those who know how to run safely on the dock. Even lifeguards run on the dock when they go out for a rescue.

Are you understanding my point here?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
For people who have been taught to swim, swimming across the lake is wonderful. People swim across the English Channel and get prizes for doing so. Those who have been taught to swim don't have to be told to say in some certain designated swimming area. They learned about currents etc. when they learned to swim. Running on the dock is fine for those who know how to run safely on the dock. Even lifeguards run on the dock when they go out for a rescue.

Are you understanding my point here?
I have seen people fall and scrape their leg, and I have heard of a drowing going from one dock to another, hardly across the lake, but with a rescue tube I have swum across a lake.

glorydaz

I have seen people fall and scrape their leg, and I have heard of a drowing going from one dock to another, hardly across the lake, but with a rescue tube I have swum across a lake.

Scraping a leg is not life threatening, is it? We have to perform rescues because people don't know how to swim. Dog paddling is not swimming. When people know how to swim they can swim across a lake without a rescue tube.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Scraping a leg is not life threatening, is it? We have to perform rescues because people don't know how to swim. Dog paddling is not swimming. When people know how to swim they can swim across a lake without a rescue tube.

Lifeguards have to use a rescue tube. I have over 50 rescues credited to my life not my career. Sometimes the water is too cold or other factors even for those who know how to swim or think they know how to swim. I have been stunned in cold water before. Lifeguards are trained in first aid, but lifeguarding is preventative and then responding when needed making rescues. If people follow the rules and the advice of the lifeguards then they do not end up in the situation where they need rescued.

glorydaz

Lifeguards have to use a rescue tube. I have over 50 rescues credited to my life not my career. Sometimes the water is too cold or other factors even for those who know how to swim or think they know how to swim. I have been stunned in cold water before. Lifeguards are trained in first aid, but lifeguarding is preventative and then responding when needed making rescues. If people follow the rules and the advice of the lifeguards then they do not end up in the situation where they need rescued.

I know about rescue tubes, Jacob. I trained Lifeguards.

We aren't talking about people who "think" they know how to swim.

There is a need for lifeguards....just as there is a need for the law.

But those who have faith in Christ are no longer under the supervision of the law. Which is the point you've been missing. My fault, undoubtedly, for using a poor analogy, I guess.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I know about rescue tubes, Jacob. I trained Lifeguards.

We aren't talking about people who "think" they know how to swim.

There is a need for lifeguards....just as there is a need for the law.

But those who have faith in Christ are no longer under the supervision of the law. Which is the point you've been missing. My fault, undoubtedly, for using a poor analogy, I guess.

Are the rules then not absolute but meant to be superficial like the single commands or commandments that are used in the New Testament? This is not my true perspective.

Perhaps a lifeguard is on duty and no one wants to give the impression that anyone can swim across the lake. Then it is okay to follow rules and promote the general welfare even to the extent of educating the public.

I have certified lifeguards as well.

glorydaz

Are the rules then not absolute but meant to be superficial like the single commands or commandments that are used in the New Testament? This is not my true perspective.

Perhaps a lifeguard is on duty and no one wants to give the impression that anyone can swim across the lake. Then it is okay to follow rules and promote the general welfare even to the extent of educating the public.

I have certified lifeguards as well.

The law is of the flesh, Jacob. So laws pertain to the carnal man of the flesh.

Lifeguards deal with flesh and blood people.

I was hoping you'd see the law is not made for those of faith ....just as lifeguarding rules are not made for those who know how to swim without a lifeguard present.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

I was hoping you'd see the law is not made for those of faith ....just as lifeguarding rules are not made for those who know how to swim without a lifeguard present.

The law is not of flesh. People are of flesh and need the law to point out their deeds of the flesh so that they can repent and do the deeds God wants them to do, of the Spirit. The question is if this ever involves obedience to a command or commandment of God.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

Romans 7:14 NASB - 14 For we know that the Law is spiritual, but I am of flesh, sold into bondage to sin.

glorydaz

Romans 7:14 NASB - 14 For we know that the Law is spiritual, but I am of flesh, sold into bondage to sin.

You're starting in the middle and expecting to find an answer? Tell me, if Paul means the law is "spiritual" in the way you must think, then why would we be delivered from it?

The law and circumcision go together. Think about that.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You're starting in the middle and expecting to find an answer? Tell me, if Paul means the law is "spiritual" in the way you must think, then why would we be delivered from it?

He has already said this...

Romans 7:6 NASB - 6 But now we have been released from the Law, having died to that by which we were bound, so that we serve in newness of the Spirit and not in oldness of the letter.

The NKJV reads as follows.

Romans 7:6 NKJV - 6 But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not [in] the oldness of the letter.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
If you have sinned, call out to God and ask for forgiveness in Jesus' name.

Perhaps you would want to discuss it here. That is up to you, any reader here.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Do you understand that gospel? That Jesus died on the cross so that you would be forgiven and granted the free gift of eternal life. Repent and trust the Savior! Believe on God in Jesus' name!

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

spiritual is not flesh. I know that.

glorydaz

spiritual is not flesh. I know that.

The reason the law is "spiritual" is that it's purpose is to show men their sins and lead them to faith in Christ.

1 Timothy 1:9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,​

Paul goes on to say, "For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh...., Romans 8:3

Danoh

With the fruit of the Spirit is this the result or outworking of the Spirit of God in the life of the believer, in whom the Spirit of God dwells by faith having been born again? Rather than something to work for or toward or can a person strive to do these things or make a commitment to do so?

What did the Lord say to His parents when He was but twelve years of age - "Wist ye not, that I must be about my Father's business?" Luke 2:49.

And what did He assert to the Father, that day in Gethsemane?

"O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt." Matthew 26:39.

In both cases, He demonstrated that a life of service unto God is not a passive one, rather, it is one of the individual's active participation with God in those "good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in...." Ephesians 2:10.

That is how the fruit of the Spirit comes about.

As the Believer keeps his or her nose in The Book, learning from it what those good works are that God had before ordained that he or she should walk in, and then by faith walks in said good works, the Spirit's intended fruit through said walk by faith in said good works, is manifested through them.

This is also evident in Paul's reminding the Galatians that if they will "Walk in the Spirit," they "shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh." Galatians 5:16.

To walk in the Spirit, then, is to deliberately choose to walk by faith in an understanding of your stand before God in Christ, as revealed to you by God through His Spirit in His Word (that He through His Spirit, inspired its writers, to write), as a result of your time in His Word.

Or, put another way...

Colossians 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

Galatians 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

2 Timothy 2:15.

Danoh

Not sure what that passage means to you, but it is one of those passages that not only means exactly what it says, but that also says what it means, when properly studied out...

(And those are two principles in one, often lost on most Bible students).

What he'd meant is this...

John 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Which is a thing impossible to do, when approached through the flesh (that is to say, when one attempts to serve Him in one's own strength).

Result?

Romans 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

That, out of a failure to rightly divide the word of TRUTH on how service works, this side of the Law, during this Mystery Age of Grace...

Romans 7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

Why is that NOW possible?

Because Romans 5: 6-11.

Great Grace...indeed.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The reason the law is "spiritual" is that it's purpose is to show men their sins and lead them to faith in Christ.

1 Timothy 1:9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,​

Paul goes on to say, "For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh...., Romans 8:3

Amen.