Rescue Mode

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
What did the Lord say to His parents when He was but twelve years of age - "Wist ye not, that I must be about my Father's business?" Luke 2:49.

And what did He assert to the Father, that day in Gethsemane?

"O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt." Matthew 26:39.

In both cases, He demonstrated that a life of service unto God is not a passive one, rather, it is one of the individual's active participation with God in those "good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in...." Ephesians 2:10.

That is how the fruit of the Spirit comes about.

As the Believer keeps his or her nose in The Book, learning from it what those good works are that God had before ordained that he or she should walk in, and then by faith walks in said good works, the Spirit's intended fruit through said walk by faith in said good works, is manifested through them.

This is also evident in Paul's reminding the Galatians that if they will "Walk in the Spirit," they "shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh." Galatians 5:16.

To walk in the Spirit, then, is to deliberately choose to walk by faith in an understanding of your stand before God in Christ, as revealed to you by God through His Spirit in His Word (that He through His Spirit, inspired its writers, to write), as a result of your time in His Word.

Or, put another way...

Colossians 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

Galatians 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

2 Timothy 2:15.

It sounds like you don't believe someone might automatically know what the things of the Spirit are that he should do. The Bible helps. Other believers help. A relationship with God and Jesus helps.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Not sure what that passage means to you, but it is one of those passages that not only means exactly what it says, but that also says what it means, when properly studied out...

(And those are two principles in one, often lost on most Bible students).

What he'd meant is this...

John 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Which is a thing impossible to do, when approached through the flesh (that is to say, when one attempts to serve Him in one's own strength).

Result?

Romans 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

That, out of a failure to rightly divide the word of TRUTH on how service works, this side of the Law, during this Mystery Age of Grace...

Romans 7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

Why is that NOW possible?

Because Romans 5: 6-11.

Great Grace...indeed.

Mystery Age of Grace?

Great Grace?

Grace, yes.

glorydaz

It sounds like you don't believe someone might automatically know what the things of the Spirit are that he should do. The Bible helps. Other believers help. A relationship with God and Jesus helps.

Excellent catch, Jacob.

Also remember that boasting is excluded by the law of Faith.

Romans 3:27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.​

There is no need to boast of the many hours and days and years we have spent studying the Scripture, as if that "work" we have done is what gives us spiritual understanding. The word (from the Scripture, from a sharing among the members of the body, from a quickening of our understanding by the Holy Spirit while in prayer....the Lord is more than able to teach us and guide us into all understanding. And not through being force fed, but fed as we are ready to receive it.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Excellent catch, Jacob.

Also remember that boasting is excluded by the law of Faith.

Romans 3:27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.​

There is no need to boast of the many hours and days and years we have spent studying the Scripture, as if that "work" we have done is what gives us spiritual understanding. The word (from the Scripture, from a sharing among the members of the body, from a quickening of our understanding by the Holy Spirit while in prayer....the Lord is more than able to teach us and guide us into all understanding. And not through being force fed, but fed as we are ready to receive it.

And yet we need the Scriptures and ought to be ready to receive it. Imagine being without the scriptures?!

glorydaz

And yet we need the Scriptures and ought to be ready to receive it. Imagine being without the scriptures?!

I can't imagine.

But don't you think we're given a hunger by the Lord without having to see it as a task to be completed?

When we think we HAVE to do something, it takes the joy out of it.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I can't imagine.

But don't you think we're given a hunger by the Lord without having to see it as a task to be completed?

When we think we HAVE to do something, it takes the joy out of it.

One might think of the inspiration of the scriptures or the inerrant of it, and then yes to what you are saying. These might be points that affect one's mind, and we need them in at least a sense.