ECT Repository of theological work

Colossians

Hello there.

Please be advised that a repository of my theological work exists at:

Link removed

where I write under the name "Colossians" (as is my username on this site).

There are presently [68 primary works + 8 extensions] = 76 works.

The site utilises a forum template, but is Not a forum per se: it is simply a repository of my work, tabulated under various categories.

There is a section for members to pose a comment or question to me publicly, however it has to date not been used: most visitors are quite content to simply remain unregistered and read.

Thank you for your attention.

Col.

Last edited by a moderator:

Interplanner

I read your Armageddon selection. It's interesting, and it is important to be practical for sure. I just don't see the point in spending much time on detailing the Rev, although there are short passages that are wonderful for worship.

I think the harlot is Jerusalem and those in Judaism who 'rode' on Rome for a while, and then were ruined by Rome, which allowed the big wedding feast for all nations of Christ and the bride to begin. This means that John wrote this for Jews going through the DofJ and escaping from it, to learn how to start over after that very traumatic event. Many of them seem to have gone to Little Asia (the 7 churches) and started over there.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
In your repository of theological knowledge you said, "God is three completely separate individual beings, without any overlap whatsoever, as independent as you and I. Not merely distinct, but distinct by virtue of being completely separate. Each separate being is a person in the full sense of the word, a closed entity, with a name which fully and exhaustively identifies that person, as with any human being."

However, Matthew says, "Now the birth of Jesus Christ was as follows: After His mother Mary was betrothed to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Spirit."
(Matthew 1:18)

Of course, Joseph was troubled as to how Mary became pregnant. However, a messenger of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream and said, "Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take to you Mary your wife, for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit." (Matthew 1:20)

Twice we are told that Mary was pregnant by the Holy Spirit. If the Holy Spirit is a completely separate person, who is Jesus' father?