REPORT: Judge Rightly

Prolifeguyswife

I did not misread your first sentence. Maybe you should reconsider your statement. The law is not the standard. God is.[/QUOTE]

Please note that I did not say the Mosaic law was "the" standard. It is "a" standard. A Biblical standard, as I said before. As I've also said before, we can use the law as a teacher to bring the unsaved to Christ. We are not obligated to follow the law if we are covered by the grace of Jesus Christ. *I'm pretty sure I've said this all before.*

Last edited:

red77

What a brilliant rebuttal!

:rolleyes:

:liberals:

It wasn't a rebuttal! I was suggesting that you read the last couple of pages because I'd presumed you hadn't read Poly's post which I was responding to, she made it clear that her "throwing the book" at Hilary would be done when it would be too late for her!

elected4ever

Originally Posted by Prolifeguyswife
"That is ludicrous! We are absolutely to follow the Mosaic Law."

Did you or did you not make that statement? Do you now wish to retract it?

elected4ever

That is exactly what he is saying. E4E has proudly boasted many times that he NEVER sins anymore.
Whether or not you like it that is the case because God said so, not me. I simply believe God. I am what He says I am. Not what I think I am or what someone else says that I am. Doing right or wrong according to the flesh is a moot point as for as who God has made me to be is concerned. If I do not exhibit what my Father wonts me to be then He will change me. As lone as I am still flesh and blood I will continue to make mistakes just as all of us will but that does not change who God has made me to be. I am of the spirit and not of the flesh. Aren't you?

Prolifeguyswife

Originally Posted by Prolifeguyswife
"That is ludicrous! We are absolutely to follow the Mosaic Law."

Did you or did you not make that statement? Do you now wish to retract it?

No, again, you are taking my quote out of context. I repeatedly said that we should not throw out the entire Bible because we are under grace - but we should use things like the 10 commandments - the law - to lead people to Christ. I said I don't believe we should throw out good rules of thumb about not committing adultery, etc. because those are sins. But I was very clear about not believing in works-based salvation, or that we should not follow the law - I said also, that I misspoke in trying to make my point, but I clarified at least three times to correct what I mis-typed previously.

Mystery

Gentiles were never given the law and then there is this
They were a law unto themselves, and they could not keep it.

Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
No one can keep it.

Was Paul not led to Christ through the Law?

Were the Galatians Jews?

elected4ever

They were a law unto themselves, and they could not keep it.

No one can keep it.

Was Paul not led to Christ through the Law?

Were the Galatians Jews?
Your missing the point. It has nothing to do with keeping the law but being subject to the law in the first place.

Mystery

"Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, that we may be justified by faith. But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.

"I would not have come to know sin except through the Law; for I would not have known about coveting if the Law had not said, "You shall not covet."

elected4ever

Galatians 3:15 Brethren, I speak after the manner of men; Though it be but a man's covenant, yet if it be confirmed, no man disannulleth, or addeth thereto.
16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.
17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.
18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.
19 ¶Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.
20 Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one.
21 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.
22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.
23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.
26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

The context is historical in that the law was in force until the seed came and then the law was fulfilled by the seed (Jesus Christ). There is not one syllable that has a present day application.