ECT Replacement (Reformed) Theology...is wrong.

Danoh

Much every way...

What is your take on that "he is a Jew"?

Speaking of Jews, or Gentiles there?

I know you hold (and I disagree with your holding) that 2:17 is referring to proselytes; do you also hold the same concerning the "he is a Jew" there?

Just curious.

beloved57

Case in point, to those of you who hold that God is through with Israel - lay out your take on what you hold the following passages...

1- are asserting...

and what you think...

2- the Dispy is asserting...

Romans 9:22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction: 9:23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory, 9:24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles? 9:25 As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved. 9:26 And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God.

Get ready to be proven wrong...for your own good.

Israel, the physical nation, Abrahams seed accoring to the flesh, they are not the children of God Rom 9:8

6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

So they are the children of the devil ! Jesus told Abrahams physical seed the jews this Jn 8:39-44

39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.
40 But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.
41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.
42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
44Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

So God has promised them nothing but hell !

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Israel, the physical nation, Abrahams seed accoring to the flesh, they are not the children of God Rom 9:8

6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

So they are the children of the devil ! Jesus told Abrahams physical seed the jews this Jn 8:39-44

39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.
40 But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.
41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.
42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
44Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

So God has promised them nothing but hell !

God is not finished with Israel. Israel is the apple of His eye!

Zechariah 2:8 New International Version (NIV)

8 For this is what the Lord Almighty says: “After the Glorious One has sent me against the nations that have plundered you—for whoever touches you touches the apple of his eye—

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Case in point, to those of you who hold that God is through with Israel - lay out your take on what you hold the following passages...

1- are asserting...

and what you think...

The Roman Catholic church did replace unbelieving Israel.

Believing Israel continued as the elect Church, and is hid from all except from itself.

Rev 12:14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.
Rev 12:15 And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood.
Rev 12:16 And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.
Rev 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
God is not finished with Israel. Israel is the apple of His eye!

Zechariah 2:8 New International Version (NIV)

8 For this is what the Lord Almighty says: “After the Glorious One has sent me against the nations that have plundered you—for whoever touches you touches the apple of his eye—

Unbelieving Israel is not the apple of Gods eye.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Don't argue with me, argue with the scriptures.

Rom 11:2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying,
Rom 11:3 Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life.
Rom 11:4 But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.
Rom 11:5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.
Rom 11:6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.
Rom 11:7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded Rom 11:8 (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear;) unto this day.
Rom 11:9 And David saith, Let their table be made a snare, and a trap, and a stumblingblock, and a recompence unto them:
Rom 11:10 Let their eyes be darkened, that they may not see, and bow down their back alway.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Rom 11:2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying,
Rom 11:3 Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life.
Rom 11:4 But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.
Rom 11:5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.
Rom 11:6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.
Rom 11:7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded Rom 11:8 (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear;) unto this day.
Rom 11:9 And David saith, Let their table be made a snare, and a trap, and a stumblingblock, and a recompence unto them:
Rom 11:10 Let their eyes be darkened, that they may not see, and bow down their back alway.

Read and learn :poly:

http://www.graceandpeace.org/israel-the-apple-of-gods-eye/

Danoh

Actually Acts 9

You've never struck me as one easily offended at having an inconsistency pointed out to you.

That link you posted?

It is typical Acts 2 Pentecostal Zionist "Dispensationalism."

It is not consistent with how the Acts 9 Position views neither blessings, nor Israel, this side of the revelation of the Mystery.

Note its various points each stress conditional...not...unconditional...blessing, and they are all connected to how things work within the Prophetic aspect of Prophecy and Mystery.

Thanks for the ear :)

Danoh

Romans 9:6 says "For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel."

Looks to me like you're the one arguing with Scripture.

At the same time; that is still talking only of Israelites (sons of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob).

The brother might have thrown out the water.

Worse though is the conclusion of those who also throw out the baby.

Not that I am saying you are....