Repent! Repentance is important. Repentance is key.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
He corrected how Jews were practicing. And you are trying to follow those traditional law.

You are going backward, friend.

Besides, you are putting your genealogy in a pedestal which is so prideful.

And I am done with you in this matter, I know you could go on never ending.

blessings.
I am a proselyte and a convert. It is a choice to observe God's commandments and be a Torah observant Jew.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The Torah has 613 Commandments for us to follow and observe as Jews.

Some of them are for particular people to observe, like a man, a woman, a priest, or the High Priest. The rest are for everyone.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
He should be...repenting of his decision to become a law keeping Jew. :sigh:
Shalom.

There is nothing wrong with keeping the law, becoming a Jew, or even becoming a law keeping Jew. Does it communicate the wrong message to you to ask why people choose to not keep the law?

Shalom.

Jacob

glorydaz

Shalom.

There is nothing wrong with keeping the law, becoming a Jew, or even becoming a law keeping Jew. Does it communicate the wrong message to you to ask why people choose to not keep the law?

Shalom.

Jacob

It comes down to why God gave the law...it's purpose. Being delivered from the bondage of the law, is a liberty that those attempting to keep the law can never know. It's a matter of liberty.

Genesis 21:10 Wherefore she said unto Abraham, Cast out this bondwoman and her son: for the son of this bondwoman shall not be heir with my son, even with Isaac.

Galatians 4:23-25
But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.
Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar. For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.​

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
It comes down to why God gave the law...it's purpose. Being delivered from the bondage of the law, is a liberty that those attempting to keep the law can never know. It's a matter of liberty.

Genesis 21:10 Wherefore she said unto Abraham, Cast out this bondwoman and her son: for the son of this bondwoman shall not be heir with my son, even with Isaac.

Galatians 4:23-25
But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.
Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar. For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.​
Shalom.

Have you chosen to obey or observe God's Commandments? Is the bondage you speak of when there is sin and even guilt? A person needs saved from their sin. The law points out sin. If you are obedient to God's Law you do not need to be saved from the Law. The Law is good. You do not need to be saved from something that is good.

Do you say that you observe God's Commandments without observing God's Law? Because, God's Commandments are found, begin, and originate in the Torah. Jesus said that we should keep and teach the Commandments.

Shalom.

Jacob

glorydaz

Shalom.

Have you chosen to obey or observe God's Commandments? Is the bondage you speak of when there is sin and even guilt? A person needs saved from their sin. The law points out sin. If you are obedient to God's Law you do not need to be saved from the Law. The Law is good. You do not need to be saved from something that is good.

Do you say that you observe God's Commandments without observing God's Law? Because, God's Commandments are found, begin, and originate in the Torah. Jesus said that we should keep and teach the Commandments.

Shalom.

Jacob

The law is merely the schoolmaster until faith comes. Believers are DELIVERED from the law with all the guilt and bondage that comes with it.

Galatians 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

Galatians 3:25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.​

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The law is merely the schoolmaster until faith comes. Believers are DELIVERED from the law with all the guilt and bondage that comes with it.

Galatians 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

Galatians 3:25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.​
Do you obey God's Commandments in faith? Do you just not call this the Law? I am not under the law. I have no problem using the words Law and Torah. The word means Instruction, Teaching, Direction. Shouldn't sinners be judged when they sin? Do they need to know that what they have done is sin? Shouldn't they know God's Commandments to begin with? Better than repentance is not sinning to begin with. If it is possible for a believer to both sin and repent of that sin. Or, can you obey God without His Commandments found in the Torah, the Law, or the Torah, the Law, and its Commandments? Are there Commandments of God that are not the Law or found in the Law? Should we not be obeying God's Law and judging people by God's Law above anything else? Will people we do not share God's Law with be judged by that Law before and / or by God? Something to think about. We should all be thinking about it until we come to the right conclusion. To walk by the Spirit does involve obedience to God's Commandments as I understand it. Perhaps a believer who walks by the Spirit or walks by the Spirit by obeying God's Commandments (is it even possible to walk by the Spirit without God's Commandments?) does not think about the sin that others, or even themselves, commit. The answer is Jesus. But this is not without God's Law. For Jesus taught us to keep and teach the Commandments.

Shalom.

Jacob

glorydaz

Do you obey God's Commandments in faith? Do you just not call this the Law? I am not under the law. I have no problem using the words Law and Torah. The word means Instruction, Teaching, Direction. Shouldn't sinners be judged when they sin?

Of course, God tells us the wages of sin is death.

You know that Jesus' work on the cross means we don't have to pay those wages, don't you?

Do they need to know that what they have done is sin? Shouldn't they know God's Commandments to begin with? Better than repentance is not sinning to begin with.

The law was made to show men their sins and find them guilty. That includes you, in spite of your best efforts to keep the law. You fail in one point, you fail in all. You know that don't you?

If it is possible for a believer to both sin and repent of that sin. Or, can you obey God without His Commandments found in the Torah, the Law, or the Torah, the Law, and its Commandments? Are there Commandments of God that are not the Law or found in the Law? Should we not be obeying God's Law and judging people by God's Law above anything else? Will people we do not share God's Law with be judged by that Law before and / or by God? Something to think about. We should all be thinking about it until we come to the right conclusion. To walk by the Spirit does involve obedience to God's Commandments as I understand it. Perhaps a believer who walks by the Spirit or walks by the Spirit by obeying God's Commandments (is it even possible to walk by the Spirit without God's Commandments?) does not think about the sin that others, or even themselves, commit. The answer is Jesus. But this is not without God's Law. For Jesus taught us to keep and teach the Commandments.

Shalom.

Jacob

Walking in the Spirit means we follow the leading of the Holy Spirit who dwells in us. He may lead me to do something He doesn't lead you to do. He may tell me to go and He may tell you to stay. He may tell me to listen and you to speak. We walk according to the Spirit, not according to a list of rules and regulations. Clearly, the Spirit will not tell me go get drunk and beat up the guy next door. We walk by faith....plain and simple. Any list you come up with requires a lot of speculation....does this mean I shouldn't do such and such? :think:

That is the bondage we're delivered from. "Thou shalt not" equals the "forbidden fruit". It hangs there as a temptation, always there calling, distracting, engendering guilt for lusting after it or even keeping it in our mind....dwelling there.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Of course, God tells us the wages of sin is death.

You know that Jesus' work on the cross means we don't have to pay those wages, don't you?

The law was made to show men their sins and find them guilty. That includes you, in spite of your best efforts to keep the law. You fail in one point, you fail in all. You know that don't you?

Walking in the Spirit means we follow the leading of the Holy Spirit who dwells in us. He may lead me to do something He doesn't lead you to do. He may tell me to go and He may tell you to stay. He may tell me to listen and you to speak. We walk according to the Spirit, not according to a list of rules and regulations. Clearly, the Spirit will not tell me go get drunk and beat up the guy next door. We walk by faith....plain and simple. Any list you come up with requires a lot of speculation....does this mean I shouldn't do such and such? :think:

That is the bondage we're delivered from. "Thou shalt not" equals the "forbidden fruit". It hangs there as a temptation, always there calling, distracting, engendering guilt for lusting after it or even keeping it in our mind....dwelling there.
I disagree. I do not agree with you. I do not understand your thinking, where it comes from, even what it is that you are thinking.

Certainly a person who has the Holy Spirit will do something different from another person, but this is even with the Commandments rather than to their exclusion.

I do not know what you mean by forbidden fruit, and everything else you said there.

The wages of sin is death means what exactly? I believe that you are hiding behind your ideas here. I accept Romans 6:23. Eternal life comes in Jesus. But I think that you are reasoning that once a person comes to Christ they can no longer be judged by a law, a court, a judge. This is disasterous! Then who in the world can be judged at all? Are you trying to say that people are now judged by a standard other than God's Law?

I have broken the Law, yes. But I keep and teach the Law. I believe that I am forgiven in Jesus Christ. But how would a court be wrong to judge me if I were to commit a crime? I do not believe that promised forgiveness precedes crimes that people can then not be judged for.

Shalom.

Jacob