Religion

marhig

It is a reference to the turning from and cutting away of the sins of the flesh; circumcision of the heart.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Yes pops it is, :) if we know that we are seeing wrong, walking wrong, or doing wrong, we stop and cut it off. Stop what we are doing and do right before God.

But that shows us that some people take everything literally, but Jesus spoke in the Spirit and those who follow him don't literally have to cut their limbs off or pluck their eyes out. So it's ridiculous to use these things to say that we don't have to follow the gospel that Jesus preached just because we see everything literally and then say that's not for us. The gospel that Jesus preached is for all of us, and we follow him and obey and live by the gospel that he preached.

popsthebuilder

Shalom.

Today is Sheni (Second) both evening and morning, Aviv 24. It is night. Omer 9.

Religion

There are different Christian Religions
There are different Christian Denominations
There are different Religions of the World

Is Judaism a Faith or a Religion?

In the United States of America we have Judaism and Christianity.

I am a Jew, of Israel. I am not to study false religions, entertaining false gods and or false deities. We have one God, the true God.

I worship the one true God, the God of Israel.

Are you permitted to study the Torah? The study of Scripture is a worthy endeavor and task. Not everyone feels that they can, or has, the means to do so. I encourage you if you can to do so. Some have proven that they can. Others simply want to and may. To read and learn from scripture does not have to be only for scribes and kings. However, you may need a good teacher, a Rabbi or a Christian teacher. What you can do on your own will be invaluable to you.

Do you have any questions about Torah, the TaNaK, Judaism, or Christianity? Do you have any questions about how to live your life or what you should know? Have you believed the truth, God's Word, even the Gospel?

Shalom. God's Peace to you.

יעקב (Ya'aqov, Ya'akov, Jacob)
I believe the different branches of faith in the One GOD which we worship in Spirit and in Truth are comprised of the faithful to GOD around the world, and in no way are these branches some other tree lest they surely be cut off and wither. We can know the individual leaves of the Vine by the fruit they produce and light they reflect, or rather absorb and grow by.

Do you agree on any level?

peace friend

Tnkrbl123!

How can't you see that Jesus's words is the gospel? it's the gospel of God. Jesus preached the gospel and lived it out, showing us a new and living way. How can you not see that?

And do you know what Jesus means by if your right eye offends you pluck it out?

I think I know the problem and why there is confusian here.
It is absolutely right when you say "And to follow Jesus, I am to believe in him and listen to what he taught, obey the gospel, and live by the word of God and do his will, through faith, by the grace of God. And God strengthens those who truly follow him and live by his will."

That is absolutely correct
But I think what people are asking if you to clarify what that mean to yhou.
So for example: Say that you areut "preaching the gospel" but you encounter soeone who has never heard the gospel and whever yhou are there is no acess to a Bible for you point to say and "read this asnd follow what it says." Say you are in an undeveloped place in the world telling people about Jesus and his gospel and you do not have a Bible with you for whatever reason but you are still out preaching the gospel....

They are asking you so if you were to do this and preach the gospel and tell people to live according to Jesus and you had to articulate exactly what you mean in enough detail for that community to come to know Jesus and to be able to live the gospel but not have a Bible...Wht would you tell them? Whatg specifically do you mean when you say live by Jesus and follow Him. What would you ntell those people so they knew enough of what the gospel is that they can have eternal life....

So if you can answer that question for them I think that is what they are asking you and it is a good question that everyone should know how to answer because after all it is our call and we may be in that exact situation one day

marhig

I think I know the problem and why there is confusian here.
It is absolutely right when you say "And to follow Jesus, I am to believe in him and listen to what he taught, obey the gospel, and live by the word of God and do his will, through faith, by the grace of God. And God strengthens those who truly follow him and live by his will."

That is absolutely correct
But I think what people are asking if you to clarify what that mean to yhou.
So for example: Say that you areut "preaching the gospel" but you encounter soeone who has never heard the gospel and whever yhou are there is no acess to a Bible for you point to say and "read this asnd follow what it says." Say you are in an undeveloped place in the world telling people about Jesus and his gospel and you do not have a Bible with you for whatever reason but you are still out preaching the gospel....

They are asking you so if you were to do this and preach the gospel and tell people to live according to Jesus and you had to articulate exactly what you mean in enough detail for that community to come to know Jesus and to be able to live the gospel but not have a Bible...Wht would you tell them? Whatg specifically do you mean when you say live by Jesus and follow Him. What would you ntell those people so they knew enough of what the gospel is that they can have eternal life....

So if you can answer that question for them I think that is what they are asking you and it is a good question that everyone should know how to answer because after all it is our call and we may be in that exact situation one day
I trust in God to give me what to speak whenever and wherever needed, I know that if I open my mouth then God will fill it, I have complete faith and trust in him. I don't think beforehand of what I am going to say to anyone. God will give those who belong to him what to say, because really, it's only God who knows what the person or people we are talking to really need to hear and if we are living it out, and we are a doer of the word, then they will be more inclined to listen, because they will see that we have true faith and live by the word in which we speak. The Holy Spirit comes with power, and God doesn't leave his people who truly love him and live by his will without a mouth to speak, so I don't think of what I'm going to say to anyone, I leave that up to God.

Matthew 19

But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak. For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

John 14

But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

He will also bring into remembrance the scriptures and the gospel and teach us and guide us there and then in what to say, God is a living God and he will never leave those who have faith in him and worship him in Spirit and in truth and live by his will. The father is is an ever present help and he is always with those who love him from their hearts, through Christ by the Spirit.

Tnkrbl123!

I trust in God to give me what to speak whenever and wherever needed, I know that if I open my mouth then God will fill it, I have complete faith and trust in him. I don't think beforehand of what I am going to say to anyone. God will give those who belong to him what to say, because really, it's only God who knows what the person or people we are talking to really need to hear and if we are living it out, and we are a doer of the word, then they will be more inclined to listen, because they will see that we have true faith and live by the word in which we speak. The Holy Spirit comes with power, and God doesn't leave his people who truly love him and live by his will without a mouth to speak, so I don't think of what I'm going to say to anyone, I leave that up to God.

Matthew 19

But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak. For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

John 14

But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

He will also bring into remembrance the scriptures and the gospel and teach us and guide us there and then in what to say, God is a living God and he will never leave those who have faith in him and worship him in Spirit and in truth and live by his will. The father is is an ever present help and he is always with those who love him from their hearts, through Christ by the Spirit.
You missed the ENTIRE point

But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect - 1 Peter 3:15

I was just trying to help you understand what they were asking and why they felt that you werent prepared. Because yes the HOly Spirit will give us words to speak but that was a promise to the disciples and not to everyone in every situation. It is prudent to -and we are instructed to- be able to articulate your faith to people who ask you and articulate the basic gospel and explain what it is because your responses are so vague an atheist who has never read the Bible could give the same answer - "trust Jesus, follow him, obey him etc" its not clear what your faith is and that is the question they were asking.
I was just trying to help you understand the question they were asking and you still don't want to/can't answer it so I dont know what to tell ya

Zeke

Shalom.

Today is Sheni (Second) both evening and morning, Aviv 24. It is night. Omer 9.

Religion

There are different Christian Religions
There are different Christian Denominations
There are different Religions of the World

Is Judaism a Faith or a Religion?

In the United States of America we have Judaism and Christianity.

I am a Jew, of Israel. I am not to study false religions, entertaining false gods and or false deities. We have one God, the true God.

I worship the one true God, the God of Israel.

Are you permitted to study the Torah? The study of Scripture is a worthy endeavor and task. Not everyone feels that they can, or has, the means to do so. I encourage you if you can to do so. Some have proven that they can. Others simply want to and may. To read and learn from scripture does not have to be only for scribes and kings. However, you may need a good teacher, a Rabbi or a Christian teacher. What you can do on your own will be invaluable to you.

Do you have any questions about Torah, the TaNaK, Judaism, or Christianity? Do you have any questions about how to live your life or what you should know? Have you believed the truth, God's Word, even the Gospel?

Shalom. God's Peace to you.

יעקב (Ya'aqov, Ya'akov, Jacob)

Jacob did God wake Adam up? Sure a lot of wake up metaphors in scripture! the dream continues from my perspective Gal 4:24 what say you Israel?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
There is only ONE Apostle for the Gentiles, appointed
by the risen Christ to instruct the Body of Christ in this Age of Grace.
Are you basing your Christian life upon the Epistles of Paul?

If all Christians strictly followed the doctrines laid out by Paul,
there would be no "denominations".

Today is Shlishli, Ziv 2.
It is evening, erev. It is night, laylah.

I grew up Christian.
I see nothing wrong with Christians or Christianity.
I have been told that I am not a Christian.
I have said that I am not a Christian.
I am of Israel, and the United States of America. I observe the Torah and I believe in the New Covenant which is for the House of Israel and the House of Judah.
I believe that Yeshua is the Messiah.
Many have been called apostles. Paul's ministry began to his fellow country men. He then went to the Gentiles. Others have ministered to the Gentiles as well.
I am sorry but I do not follow your doctrine.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I believe the different branches of faith in the One GOD which we worship in Spirit and in Truth are comprised of the faithful to GOD around the world, and in no way are these branches some other tree lest they surely be cut off and wither. We can know the individual leaves of the Vine by the fruit they produce and light they reflect, or rather absorb and grow by.

Do you agree on any level?

peace friend

No

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jacob did God wake Adam up? Sure a lot of wake up metaphors in scripture! the dream continues from my perspective Gal 4:24 what say you Israel?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
That's because you lack the Ruach Elohim and thus cannot
believe in and understand the so-called "New Testament".
Without the Holy Spirit, you will go to HELL.

The Spirit of God, the same as the Holy Spirit, dwells in me.
I do not know what you mean by the so-called "New Testament".

What do you want to talk about?

marhig

You missed the ENTIRE point

But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect - 1 Peter 3:15

I was just trying to help you understand what they were asking and why they felt that you werent prepared. Because yes the HOly Spirit will give us words to speak but that was a promise to the disciples and not to everyone in every situation. It is prudent to -and we are instructed to- be able to articulate your faith to people who ask you and articulate the basic gospel and explain what it is because your responses are so vague an atheist who has never read the Bible could give the same answer - "trust Jesus, follow him, obey him etc" its not clear what your faith is and that is the question they were asking.
I was just trying to help you understand the question they were asking and you still don't want to/can't answer it so I dont know what to tell ya

I am prepared, we are prepared through Christ by the Holy Spirit, and no, that isn't only a promise for the disciples at that time, it's for all those who have true faith, truly follow Jesus and live by the will of God. If the Spirit is within our hearts then God will give us a mouth to speak.

I've spoken to many atheists and theists of different denominations, I don't prepare anything to say. But it all comes to my memory when I start talking. We should read the Bible, and trust in God and live right before him, and he will give us what to say.

If we love God with all our hearts our minds our soul and our strength, trust in him completely and be ready to do his will, and be there for others, then he will fill our mouths.

And to always be ready to give an answer, is to read the scriptures, turn from doing wrong, and have our minds and hearts on God and his ways always, and not putting God on a back burner and then putting our flesh first before him. If we do this, then we will be ready, because God will be first in our heart, mind and lives.

Exodus 4

And Moses said unto the LORD, O my LORD, I am not eloquent, neither heretofore, nor since thou hast spoken unto thy servant: but I am slow of speech, and of a slow tongue. And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD? Now therefore go, and I will be with thy mouth, and teach thee what thou shalt say.

I have complete faith in God.

beameup

The Spirit of God, the same as the Holy Spirit, dwells in me.
I do not know what you mean by the so-called "New Testament".

What do you want to talk about?

Because Paul's Epistles give you the information that you are lacking. Either you reject Paul's Epistles because you consider them to be "uninspired" or you avoid them altogether. Either way, you will be led into apostasy.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Because Paul's Epistles give you the information that you are lacking. Either you reject Paul's Epistles because you consider them to be "uninspired" or you avoid them altogether. Either way, you will be led into apostasy.

I am not sure what you are saying or why you are saying it. As a Gentile I read Paul's epistles. I see or know of nothing wrong with them. I was a Christian as a Gentile. I do not know why you are saying that I either consider them to be uninspired or I avoid them altogether. I have not made a comment on their inspiration and I have not avoided them. Remember though, it is in Paul's second letter to Timothy that he says that All Scripture is inspired by God, .... It is you that said the so-called "New Testament".

popsthebuilder

No
So the Jew or faithful to GOD where never scattered abroad?

Maybe you could show what part of my words is unscriptural, or otherwise explain why you simply put "no".

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
So the Jew or faithful to GOD where never scattered abroad?

Maybe you could show what part of my words is unscriptural, or otherwise explain why you simply put "no".

No. That is not what I am saying. I am saying that there are not many paths to God, which is what it seems to me that you have implied or said. For me to express this is difficult because then I am using words to describe something that I do not believe to be true, and it is me doing it. Rather than just saying no, and then it is what you said that is wrong, not my words or choice of words.

beameup

I am not sure what you are saying or why you are saying it. As a Gentile I read Paul's epistles. I see or know of nothing wrong with them. I was a Christian as a Gentile. I do not know why you are saying that I either consider them to be uninspired or I avoid them altogether.

So, you have in essence "abandoned" Paul's Epistles.
Obviously you were not aware that Paul states that
what he has received, he received directly from the
risen Messiah. That would make Paul's writings
supreme in that they were the "last word" coming
from God, with new information that was not
contained in the Tanakh, Torah, "Old Testament".

popsthebuilder

No. That is not what I am saying. I am saying that there are not many paths to God, which is what it seems to me that you have implied or said. For me to express this is difficult because then I am using words to describe something that I do not believe to be true, and it is me doing it. Rather than just saying no, and then it is what you said that is wrong, not my words or choice of words.
I never insinuated there was more than one Way.

Go back over my post and check.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
So, you have in essence "abandoned" Paul's Epistles.
Obviously you were not aware that Paul states that
what he has received, he received directly from the
risen Messiah. That would make Paul's writings
supreme in that they were the "last word" coming
from God, with new information that was not
contained in the Tanakh, Torah, "Old Testament".

I do not believe the same as you but I have not abandoned Paul's Epistles at all. I simply became a Jew when I chose to obey or observe Jesus', Yeshua's, instruction in Matthew 5:17-29. That is I accepted His word, His words, as relevant and relevant for and to me. I chose to obey or observe all of God's Commandments that I might be called great in the kingdom of heaven. I believe that I am to keep, or do, and teach, the commandments. Some have said that this is not for the Gentiles, or was not intended to apply to anyone after Jesus' earthly ministry and death upon the cross, but I do not accept this. Such that if it was for Jews, I have become a Jew in obeying Him. If it was for Gentiles, I have obeyed until I have become a Jew. In either case I have obeyed Jesus and I have become a Jew.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I never insinuated there was more than one Way.

Go back over my post and check.

I don't think the word insinuated is appropriate here. I do believe that your words then by your post here must imply that you did not intend to say that there are many paths to God. I do not believe that there is or are. Here is what I was misled by, only so you understand where I had difficulty with your words.

the different branches of faith in the One GOD