ECT Reformed Theology

MaxGrit

What IS the beef?

I think it boils down to the common mis-perception of human freewill.

The reality of God dictates that it's impossible for man to have real freewill.

Man only has the appearance of freewill. From our perspective, it is equivalent to having real freewil. This is because we can't see the future.

What is Predestination?

Last edited:

genuineoriginal

What IS the beef?

I think it boils down to the common mis-perception of human freewil.

Man only has the appearance of freewill. From our perspective, it is equivalent to having real freewil. This is because we can't see the future.

Why is Reformed Theology wrong?
I think it boils down to a misperception of the reality of God.

oatmeal

What IS the beef?

So man is but a mindless robot?

That is rather a mindless robotic concept.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
What IS the beef?

I am a Reformer, and I receive the most opposition from the Antinomians on this site.

Lawlessness is advocated, defended, and discussed here, more than free-will issues.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
What IS the beef?

I said
I think it would help if you would define freewill.

MaxGrit

So man is but a mindless robot?

That is rather a mindless robotic concept.

I'm pretty sure I didn't write about robots.

Man only has the appearance of freewill. From our perspective, it is equivalent to having real freewill. This is because we can't see the future.

Crowns&Laurels

BANNED
Banned

Man only has the appearance of freewill. From our perspective, it is equivalent to having real freewill. This is because we can't see the future.

I'm pretty sure Calvin does not even teach this. You all take predestination too far :sigh:

MaxGrit

God is sovereign, unchanging, eternal, omnipotent, omnipresence, all-knowing, etc.

God is there at all time & at all places, simultaneously. God knows everything, sees everything, and controls everything.

Can men have real free will from God's perspective? Obviously not. He already knows what we will do.

MaxGrit

I would like to know how Adam could have made his choice or be tempted, for that matter, without having freewill to do so?

Like I said, man only has the appearance of freewill.

We can't see or know the future. Thus, from our perspective, it's real freewill as far as we can tell.

Think of the Matrix. People live in the Matrix all their lives thinking it's reality.

Doom

Reformers are not saved, nor can they be. They deny that Jesus died for our sins (The Gospel), and therefore reject the once for all sacrifice of Jesus.