Rediscovering Faith , faithing , and the Salvation process .

Faither

BANNED
Banned
I would like to start a discussion about what Faith is , how it is applied , and eventually how it translates into the Salvation journey .

I will begin at what should be basic understandings of the origins of the words and then show how they were mistranslated into the English language .

Each point will be referred to as fact 1 ,2 , 3 , and so on .

Faither

BANNED
Banned
I would like to start a discussion about what Faith is , how it is applied , and eventually how it translates into the Salvation journey .

I will begin at what should be basic understandings of the origins of the words and then show how they were mistranslated into the English language .

Each point will be referred to as fact 1 ,2 , 3 , and so on .

Fact 1.

In the original Greek texts , the authors used the word " Pistis " a noun , and the corresponding verb " Pisteuo " .

Any disagreements ?

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Fact 1.

In the original Greek texts , the authors used the word " Pistis " a noun , and the corresponding verb " Pisteuo " .

Any disagreements ?

Fact 2 .

Pistis the noun is used 244 times in the NT .

Pisteuo the corresponding verb to the noun pistis , is used 248 times in the NT .

Any disagreements ?

Faither

BANNED
Banned
You need to be taught 'The Gospel of the grace of God' and stop trying to be the teacher. You're not qualified.

That's accually why I put my understandings out there for all to see . So someone may have the chance to show me a better understanding of Him . At the same time , warn those of the stumbling blocks I've already gone through .

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Fact 3 .

Pistis is a noun . A noun is a person, place , or ,thing .

Pisteuo is a verb . A verb is an action word . Meaning pisteuo is an action , an act , based upon a belief , sustained by confidence .

Any disagreements ?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
That's accually why I put my understandings out there for all to see . So someone may have the chance to show me a better understanding of Him . At the same time , warn those of the stumbling blocks I've already gone through .

What stumbling blocks? On one side of the equation, you're trying to play the role of teacher, while on the other side you don't seem to have the answers. That's sort of contradictory, don't you think?

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Fact 4

Pistis the noun is translated into the English language with the noun " Faith" .

Pisteuo , the corresponding verb to pistis , could not be translated into the English language . The reason being , the English language has no corresponding verb to our noun " Faith " like the Greek does .

The words the English should have had for the translators to use , faithe , faithing , and faither .

Any disagreements ?

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Fact 5

Because the English had no word in its language to correctly translate pisteuo such as faithe , faither , and faithing , it was forced to choose another word .

Any disagreements ?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I do not see the relevance of this to anything!

So far, (and I'm going on some intuition here because this is going to take a year if each post contains only one single point at a time), the error you seem to be making is that the supposed mistranslation of a single term can somehow prevent the point from being expressed in the text. This is a false premise. There is a reason our bibles are as think as they are. There is no such thing as a perfect translation of any language into another but it doesn't need to be perfect because the same ideas are expressed in multiple ways and the message gets through regardless of such "errors", if, in fact, they can be called errors.

I've heard my entire life that faith is more than simple mental ascent to some idea or fact. Sometimes that point is made by appealing to the original language such as you suggest and other times people just quote James chapter 2. Either way, the message is conveyed and the point is clearly communicated.

The question is...

So what?

What's your point?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Fact 5

Because the English had no word in its language to correctly translate pisteuo such as faithe , faither , and faithing , it was forced to choose another word .

Any disagreements ?

What's your REAL agenda? What are you REALLY trying to say? By the way, I don't expect you to answer these questions, the reason being, you probably couldn't articulate it well enough for us to understand.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
I do not see the relevance of this to anything!

So far, (and I'm going on some intuition here because this is going to take a year if each post contains only one single point at a time), the error you seem to be making is that the supposed mistranslation of a single term can somehow prevent the point from being expressed in the text. This is a false premise. There is a reason our bibles are as think as they are. There is no such thing as a perfect translation of any language into another but it doesn't need to be perfect because the same ideas are expressed in multiple ways and the message gets through regardless of such "errors", if, in fact, they can be called errors.

I've heard my entire life that faith is more than simple mental ascent to some idea or fact. Sometimes that point is made by appealing to the original language such as you suggest and other times people just quote James chapter 2. Either way, the message is conveyed and the point is clearly communicated.

The question is...

So what?

What's your point?

I'm presenting these facts in this way to walk a kind of path together . I'm making specific points , so that if anyone has a disagreement , they can submit a specific reason why .

Do you have any disagreement with facts one through five ?

Robert Pate

Banned
The sign of a cultist is that they have discovered some new thing in the Bible that no one else knows about. Or that they have gotten a special revelation from God that no one else has gotten. This sets them apart and makes them an authority or special. There are no secret or special revelations in the Bible. We all have the same information.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
The sign of a cultist is that they have discovered some new thing in the Bible that no one else knows about. Or that they have gotten a special revelation from God that no one else has gotten. This sets them apart and makes them an authority or special. There are no secret or special revelations in the Bible. We all have the same information.

Hence the OP description . " Rediscovering " Faith , faithing , and the salvation process .

We don't need to discover any new truths , we need to rediscover the old truths .

Any disagreements with facts one through five ?

Read them carefully, I'll be referencing them as we look at the salvation process .

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Fact 6

The Greek word pisteuo is arguably the most important word in the Scriptures . Pisteuo is the word the original authors used to communicate precisely how Faith , the noun , is applied . And it couldn't be translated into the English language .

Any disagreement .

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Fact 7

Because the English language has no word or verb form of the noun Faith to translate pisteuo , they had to choose a word or substitute to take it's place .

The translators chose the words believe , believer , and believing .

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Fact 8

Keeping in mind that pisteuo is the corresponding verb to our noun " Faith " , the word "believe " is not the corresponding verb to the noun Faith , but the corresponding verb to the noun " belief ."

Any disagreement ?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I'm presenting these facts in this way to walk a kind of path together . I'm making specific points , so that if anyone has a disagreement , they can submit a specific reason why .

Do you have any disagreement with facts one through five ?

It doesn't work like that, faither!

You're making arguments by implication and I can't read your mind.

Make the whole argument in one post and I'll respond to it. Otherwise, I'll let you waste someone else's time.

Clete