ECT "Red Letter" syndrome

john w

Hall of Fame
"Red Letter" syndrome

The Lord Jesus Christ, by His own admission, spoke nothing of Himself-all of His words were His Fathers's words. Part of the defintion of a prophet is "one who speaks for another"(for eg., Moses speaking on behalf of the LORD, Aaron speaking for Moses-Exodus 4:12-15 KJV("put words in his mouth"),16("thy spokesman"); Exodus 7:1 KJV; Deuteronomy 18:18 KJV("will put my words in his mouth").

The Lord Jesus Christ was a prophet, "the prophet": Deut. 18:15 KJV;Mt. 13:57 KJV, Mt. 21:11 KJV;Mk. 6:4 KJV; Luke 1:76 KJV, Luke 4:24 KJV, Luke 7:16 KJV,Luke 24:19 KJV;John 1:45 KJV, John 4:44 KJV, John 6:14 KJV, John 7:40 KJV, John 9:17 KJV; Acts 2:30 KJV, Acts 3:22-23 KJV, Acts 7:37 KJV. The definition fits the Lord Jesus Christ's own admission:

"Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things." John 8:28 KJV

"For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak." John. 12:49-50 KJV

"Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works." John KJV 14:10

"He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me." John 14:24 KJV

"For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me." John 17:8 KJV

Thus, the Lord Jesus Christ was fulfilling His role as a/the prophet-He was speaking for His Father in Heaven. The words He spoke were His Father's words, not His(as was true for all the prophets).

(The office of prophet no longer exists-God's revelation of Himself to mankind was completed("fulfil the word of God"-Col. 1:25 KJV) with the revelation given to the apostle Paul from the risen, ascended, glorified, and seated Lord Jesus Christ from heaven, and thus eliminated the need for this office. Those who claim they are prophets, speaking on God's behalf("thy spokesman") of the LORD, speaking the LORD's words which have not already been given in Genesis through Revelation, had best open the back of the Bible, immediately after Revelation, and start writing ""some more Bible."

Yes, ignorance of the teaching of the Apostle Paul and the tradition of the so called early church fathers has confused 99.9 percent of Christendom. We need to listen to our Apostle, Paul.

The RCO, "The Roman Catholic Organization," the religious prostitute, although corrupt, is at least consistently corrupt, and does follow Peter and the set-aside(temporarily) kingdom program. This, in contrast to most of so-called "Christianity", which combines the kingdom program with the mystery program as revealed to Paul, i.e., they follow Peter and Paul.

The body of Christ's prophet, or leader, is the apostle Paul, "...the apostle of the Gentiles...."(Romans 11:13 KJV). Just as Israel followed Moses, believers in this dispensation are commanded by the risen, ascended, and glorified Lord Jesus Christ to follow Paul: 1 Corinthians 4:16 KJV, 1 Corinthians 11:1 KJV; Philippians 3:17 KJV, Philippians 4:9 KJV; 1 Thessalonians 1:6 KJV; 2 Thessalonians 3:9 KJV; 1 Timothy 1:16 KJV.

His writings are scripture, the "is given by inspiration" scripture(1 Thessalonians 2:13 KJV; Titus 1:3 KJV; 2 Peter 3:15-16 KJV), and are the Lord Jesus Christ's words and commands in this dispensation: Romans 15:18 KJV; 1 Corinthians 14:37 KJV; 2 Corinthians 13:3 KJV; 1 Thessalonians 4:2 KJV; 1 Timothy 6:3 KJV.

Thus, if the scripture's testimony is to be believed, the Lord Jesus Christ spoke the words of God the Father, while the Lord Jesus Christ's words are given through the apostle Paul-"Red should be black, and black should be red." Ah, tradition!

Last edited:

glorydaz

Spoiler
"Red Letter" syndrome

The Lord Jesus Christ, by His own admission, spoke nothing of Himself-all of His words were His Fathers's words. Part of the defintion of a prophet is "one who speaks for another"(for eg., Moses speaking on behalf of the LORD, Aaron speaking for Moses-Exodus 4:12-15 KJV("put words in his mouth"),16("thy spokesman"); Exodus 7:1 KJV; Deuteronomy 18:18 KJV("will put my words in his mouth").

The Lord Jesus Christ was a prophet, "the prophet": Deut. 18:15 KJV;Mt. 13:57 KJV, Mt. 21:11 KJV;Mk. 6:4 KJV; Luke 1:76 KJV, Luke 4:24 KJV, Luke 7:16 KJV,Luke 24:19 KJV;John 1:45 KJV, John 4:44 KJV, John 6:14 KJV, John 7:40 KJV, John 9:17 KJV; Acts 2:30 KJV, Acts 3:22-23 KJV, Acts 7:37 KJV. The definition fits the Lord Jesus Christ's own admission:

"Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things." John 8:28 KJV

"For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak." John. 12:49-50 KJV

"Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works." John KJV 14:10

"He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me." John 14:24 KJV

"For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me." John 17:8 KJV

Thus, the Lord Jesus Christ was fulfilling His role as a/the prophet-He was speaking for His Father in Heaven. The words He spoke were His Father's words, not His(as was true for all the prophets).

(The office of prophet no longer exists-God's revelation of Himself to mankind was completed("fulfil the word of God"-Col. 1:25 KJV) with the revelation given to the apostle Paul from the risen, ascended, glorified, and seated Lord Jesus Christ from heaven, and thus eliminated the need for this office. Those who claim they are prophets, speaking on God's behalf("thy spokesman") of the LORD, speaking the LORD's words which have not already been given in Genesis through Revelation, had best open the back of the Bible, immediately after Revelation, and start writing ""some more Bible."

Yes, ignorance of the teaching of the Apostle Paul and the tradition of the so called early church fathers has confused 99.9 percent of Christendom. We need to listen to our Apostle, Paul.

The RCO, "The Roman Catholic Organization," the religious prostitute, although corrupt, is at least consistently corrupt, and does follow Peter and the set-aside(temporarily) kingdom program. This, in contrast to most of so-called "Christianity", which combines the kingdom program with the mystery program as revealed to Paul, i.e., they follow Peter and Paul.

The body of Christ's prophet, or leader, is the apostle Paul, "...the apostle of the Gentiles...."(Romans 11:13 KJV). Just as Israel followed Moses, believers in this dispensation are commanded by the risen, ascended, and glorified Lord Jesus Christ to follow Paul: 1 Corinthians 4:16 KJV, 1 Corinthians 11:1 KJV; Philippians 3:17 KJV, Philippians 4:9 KJV; 1 Thessalonians 1:6 KJV; 2 Thessalonians 3:9 KJV; 1 Timothy 1:16 KJV.

His writings are scripture, the "is given by inspiration" scripture(1 Thessalonians 2:13 KJV; Titus 1:3 KJV; 2 Peter 3:15-16 KJV), and are the Lord Jesus Christ's words and commands in this dispensation: Romans 15:18 KJV; 1 Corinthians 14:37 KJV; 2 Corinthians 13:3 KJV; 1 Thessalonians 4:2 KJV; 1 Timothy 6:3 KJV.

Thus, if the scripture's testimony is to be believed, the Lord Jesus Christ spoke the words of God the Father, while the Lord Jesus Christ's words are given through the apostle Paul-"Red should be black, and black should be red." Ah, tradition!

I love this....great post. :thumb: