Reconciling Ministries

IMJerusha

"Reconciling Ministries Network is committed to the local church, especially helping communities go through a discernment process on how your congregation, Sunday School class, campus ministry, or other small group can be actively welcoming all people"

This is the statement of purpose for the organization "Reconciling Ministries" working God's Word and Methodist congregations in the most dangerous manner to the detriment of their eternal security.

This group is not dedicated to discernment but rather the destruction of the Body of Yeshua. It is one thing to be loving to all people and quite another thing to be accepting and tolerant of the sin of homosexuality. This group seeks to dismiss the sin of homosexuality, declaring discernment in the warping and twisting of the context of God's Word. It frightens me to think that people are so gullible as to believe that we can tell God His business and still consider ourselves to be worshipping Him.

How does one take any of the Scripture regarding homosexuality and put God's stamp of approval on this act which completely spits in the face of God's Design and Headship?

Danoh

Yeah, some knucklehead recently posted on here somewhere that Jesus would have attended a gay wedding because He hung out with sinners.

As if He'd been hittin the bottle and smokin the gold with em...

Luke 5:

30. But their scribes and Pharisees murmured against his disciples, saying, Why do ye eat and drink with publicans and sinners?
31. And Jesus answering said unto them, They that are whole need not a physician; but they that are sick.
32. I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Ironic, that KJV phrase - "they that are sick."

In what some would do with it today.

But He is talking about their restoration to wholeness unto that priesthood He'd called that nation unto in Exodus 19.

Still, the point is - if such is going to be forced onto His narrative - why He might have attended a gay wedding - to call sinners unto repentance.

IMJerusha

I don't know that Yeshua would have attended a gay wedding for the simple fact that He did not condone anything that dishonored the Father. Attendance would have implied agreement and Yeshua could not and can not be in agreement with that which goes against God.

Bradley D

Jesus did not associate with sinners to approve of their sins. Jesus showed sinners the error of their ways and offered forgiveness.

Ben Masada

Yeah, some knucklehead recently posted on here somewhere that Jesus would have attended a gay wedding because He hung out with sinners.

As if He'd been hittin the bottle and smokin the gold with em...

Luke 5:30. But their scribes and Pharisees murmured against his disciples, saying, Why do ye eat and drink with publicans and sinners? 31. And Jesus answering said unto them, They that are whole need not a physician; but they that are sick. 32. I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Ironic, that KJV phrase - "they that are sick."

In what some would do with it today.

But He is talking about their restoration to wholeness unto that priesthood He'd called that nation unto in Exodus 19.

Still, the point is - if such is going to be forced onto His narrative - why He might have attended a gay wedding - to call sinners unto repentance.

That's a very serious case. Do you have any idea why some knuckle-heads posted on here somewhere that Jesus would have attended a gay wedding because he hung out with sinners? The reason for the satiric posting is that some other knuckleheads are unable to accept the truth that Jesus was a married man. Because they prefer to stick to the gay idea that Jesus was a gay man himself for hanging around with 12 young men while calling one of them his beloved. They can't come to the understanding that this kind of language among young men is akin to the dealing of gays among themselves. Jesus' beloved disciple was Mary Magdalene because Jesus was married to her and she quite often used to accompany Jesus in his missionary trips throughout Israel.

Ben Masada

Jesus did not associate with sinners to approve of their sins. Jesus showed sinners the error of their ways and offered forgiveness.

Jesus showed sinners the error of their ways and offered them the way to achieve forgiveness. He could not forgive an offense that was not committed against himself. That's why when some of them went to the Temple to seek forgiveness for their offenses, Jesus told them to stop and go back to whoever they had offended to get forgiveness first or their prayers would never even be heard. (Mat. 5:23,24)

Ben Masada

I don't know that Yeshua would have attended a gay wedding for the simple fact that He did not condone anything that dishonored the Father. Attendance would have implied agreement and Yeshua could not and can not be in agreement with that which goes against God.

"Could not" is sufficient. "Can not" does no longer apply. Jesus has been dead for 2,000 years. He can no longer any thing. (Eccles. 9:5,6)

CherubRam

"Reconciling Ministries Network is committed to the local church, especially helping communities go through a discernment process on how your congregation, Sunday School class, campus ministry, or other small group can be actively welcoming all people"

This is the statement of purpose for the organization "Reconciling Ministries" working God's Word and Methodist congregations in the most dangerous manner to the detriment of their eternal security.

This group is not dedicated to discernment but rather the destruction of the Body of Yeshua. It is one thing to be loving to all people and quite another thing to be accepting and tolerant of the sin of homosexuality. This group seeks to dismiss the sin of homosexuality, declaring discernment in the warping and twisting of the context of God's Word. It frightens me to think that people are so gullible as to believe that we can tell God His business and still consider ourselves to be worshipping Him.

How does one take any of the Scripture regarding homosexuality and put God's stamp of approval on this act which completely spits in the face of God's Design and Headship?

Changing what has been written has been a problem before the passing of the disciples. On the bright side such things will help identify who is truly a Christian.

CherubRam

That's a very serious case. Do you have any idea why some knuckle-heads posted on here somewhere that Jesus would have attended a gay wedding because he hung out with sinners? The reason for the satiric posting is that some other knuckleheads are unable to accept the truth that Jesus was a married man. Because they prefer to stick to the gay idea that Jesus was a gay man himself for hanging around with 12 young men while calling one of them his beloved. They can't come to the understanding that this kind of language among young men is akin to the dealing of gays among themselves. Jesus' beloved disciple was Mary Magdalene because Jesus was married to her and she quite often used to accompany Jesus in his missionary trips throughout Israel.

Yahshua could have been married and still fulfilled the prophecies of the Messiah. But I assure everyone, Christ was an ancient being and would not have engaged in marriage.

CherubRam

Anyone who has a good study bible can plainly see, that the nude young man running away was a addition to the text.

6days

Good OP!

If I received an invite to a gay 'wedding', I think my initial reaction would be revulsion. But, I wonder if Jesus might attend a gay 'wedding'. My revulsion might be as sinful as the 'wedding'. Jesus did associate with, and visited the home of sinners, who the religious rejected. Perhaps, we as Christians can attend such functions simply because we love... and not as an endorsement.

CherubRam

Good OP!

If I received an invite to a gay 'wedding', I think my initial reaction would be revulsion. But, I wonder if Jesus might attend a gay 'wedding'. My revulsion might be as sinful as the 'wedding'. Jesus did associate with, and visited the home of sinners, who the religious rejected. Perhaps, we as Christians can attend such functions simply because we love... and not as an endorsement.
Being accepting is the same as showing approval. Yahshua overturned the tables of the money exchangers. If he had a bullwhip, he may have used it. Speaking to sinners, and taking part in their activities, is two different things.

Bradley D

I do not believe Jesus ever married. Jesus would not have told his disciples it was better not to marry so they could dedicate themselves totally to God and a spiritual life. Then get married.

"The disciples said to him, “If this is the situation between a husband and wife, it is better not to marry. Jesus replied, “Not everyone can accept this word, but only those to whom it has been given. For there are eunuchs who were born that way, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others—and there are those who choose to live like eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it” (Matthew 19:10-12).

Danoh

I do not believe Jesus ever married. Jesus would not have told his disciples it was better not to marry so they could dedicate themselves totally to God and a spiritual life. Then get married.

"The disciples said to him, “If this is the situation between a husband and wife, it is better not to marry. Jesus replied, “Not everyone can accept this word, but only those to whom it has been given. For there are eunuchs who were born that way, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others—and there are those who choose to live like eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it” (Matthew 19:10-12).

Exactly!

And I've read all that foolishness about Jesus' supposed wife.

Danoh

And yet, outside of most Anglo cultures, men from many an other culture behave towards male friends and relatives in ways many outside those cultures would consider a bit "gay."

IMJerusha

"Could not" is sufficient. "Can not" does no longer apply. Jesus has been dead for 2,000 years. He can no longer any thing. (Eccles. 9:5,6)

Solomon is referring to mankind, not to the Son of God, but you know that which brings me to question your purpose in coming to a Christian forum if you do not believe in Yeshua HaMashiach.

IMJerusha

The reason for the satiric posting is that some other knuckleheads are unable to accept the truth that Jesus was a married man.

Where is this "truth" found? It's certainly not found in Scripture. It's not even found in Talmud and while I don't subscribe to the commentaries of the rabbis, most Jewish believers do so I'm sure you can understand where this is leading me. One might state that the Body/Church is Scripturally the bride of Yeshua but that occurred with Yeshua's death and resurrection which you clearly don't believe in so that can not be your meaning. Therefore, I am of the impression that you believe yourself to be Jewish by blood and not by faith. There's no such thing and no one can be a son of Masada.

Last edited: