Receiving Jesus Christ as Your Personal Savior

Robert Pate

Banned
The words receive, received, receiveth, receiving, appear in the Bible 385 times. God created man to receive. Some of the things that man receives of God are of a physical nature. God provides us with food, water and shelter. He also provides us with things that are of a spiritual nature. The greatest thing that God has provided for us is his Son Jesus Christ, but not all have received him.

"He came unto his own and his own received him not. But as many as received him, to them gave he the power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe upon his name" John 1:11,12.

To receive Christ as your personal savior is to receive who he is. You will not be saved if you believe that Jesus was just a good man. The scripture says,

"I said therefore unto you, that you shall die in your sins: for if you believe not that I AM HE, you shall die in your sins" John 8:24.

A man born after Adam cannot atone for our sins. Sinners cannot save sinners. Jesus is the physical manifestation of God.

"For in him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily" Colossians 2:9.

Having received who Jesus Christ is, we now move on to receiving what Jesus has accomplished for us. All that Jesus is and all that Jesus did was for our justification and our salvation. God requires two things for the salvation of fallen man.

1. A life of perfect obedience according to his holy law.
2. A perfect atonement for our sins and the sins of the whole world.

In our name and on our behalf, Jesus lived a life of perfect obedience according to God's holy law, Matthew 5:18. It was his life that was lived for our justification, Romans 3:26. To receive Jesus as your savior is to receive this life as your life. This is the only life that God will accept. We are accepted only in him. If you are not able to accept this truth, then you have not received Jesus as your savior and you are still in your sins.

In our name and on our behalf, Jesus has atoned for our sins and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2.

"For he has made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him" 2 Corinthians 5:21.

You will not be saved if you cannot receive this atonement for your sins. It is imperative that you believe that Jesus atoned for your sins and the sins of the whole world. This is a big part of receiving Christ as your savior. Jesus suffered and died on the cross for our sins, to reject that is to condemn yourself to hell.

So, we see that to receive Christ as our savior is to believe that he is God in the flesh. To receive Christ as our savior is to receive his spotless life as our life. To receive Christ as our savior is to receive his atonement for our sins. All that Jesus is and all that Jesus did, was to reconcile us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18,19. We have been made complete in him, Colossians 2:10.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
We don't receive Him , He recieves us !
We don't accept Him , He accepts us !

Salvation is by Grace through Faith . Faith is the noun pistis in the Greek used over 245 times . The application of Faith , is pisteuo , used 248 times , and is " a personal surrender to Him , and a life inspired by such surrender ."

Pisteuo is mistranslated into the English language , because the English language has no verb form of the noun Faith. The mistranslated words the translators had to use are believe , believer , and believing .

The Strongs Greek dictionary specifically gives the disclaimer , " pisteuo means " NOT " just to believe !

Robert Pate

Banned

Salvation is by Grace through Faith . Faith is the noun pistis in the Greek used over 245 times . The application of Faith , is pisteuo , used 248 times , and is " a personal surrender to Him , and a life inspired by such surrender ."

Pisteuo is mistranslated into the English language , because the English language has no verb form of the noun Faith. The mistranslated words the translators had to use are believe , believer , and believing .

The Strongs Greek dictionary specifically gives the disclaimer , " pisteuo means " NOT " just to believe !

God received all of humanity in his Son Jesus Christ. Jesus reconciles us to God by his life, death and his resurrection, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. But just to know that is not enough. The Gospel calls for a response. When we hear that Jesus died on the cross for our sins we respond with a heart full of love and thanksgiving. To not respond to the Gospel is to reject the Gospel.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
God received all of humanity in his Son Jesus Christ. Jesus reconciles us to God by his life, death and his resurrection, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. But just to know that is not enough. The Gospel calls for a response. When we hear that Jesus died on the cross for our sins we respond with a heart full of love and thanksgiving. To not respond to the Gospel is to reject the Gospel.

The Gospel doesn't call us , the Father does , He's calling us to Christ , a real person .

Yes , we must respond , but the NT response is Faith . The application of the noun Faith is pisteuo in the Greek . You probably know pisteuo by the mistranslatied words the translators had to choose , because the English language has no word for the verb form of Faith . Pisteuo is not , believe , believing , or believer ! This is where the problem with understanding the Salvation process started .

Pisteuo , is " a personal surrender to Him , and a life inspired by such surrender ." When the Father first calls someone out to Christ , the correct response is pisteuo . Not hearing , not love , not thanksgiving . At the very start when the Father first calls us , even Faith in God's word won't work . And that's because , the called out one doesn't have the Spirit of Christ yet , so Christ , His Word , and the promises there in are not his yet . A surrendered life must be genuinely established just to start the journey .

All this is because of this mistranslation of pisteuo . It can be translated by using two sentences , but couldn't with just one word in the English .

And RP, if you check me out , remember , it was mistranslatied in , and so when you read any English dictionary telling you what the Greek word for believe is , it will say pisteuo . Mistranslated in , mistranslated out .

Strongs : pisteuo means not just to believe

Vines : a personal surrender to Him , and a life inspired by such surrender .

The entire church world is being decieved brother .

Robert Pate

Banned
The Gospel doesn't call us , the Father does , He's calling us to Christ , a real person .

Yes , we must respond , but the NT response is Faith . The application of the noun Faith is pisteuo in the Greek . You probably know pisteuo by the mistranslatied words the translators had to choose , because the English language has no word for the verb form of Faith . Pisteuo is not , believe , believing , or believer ! This is where the problem with understanding the Salvation process started .

Pisteuo , is " a personal surrender to Him , and a life inspired by such surrender ." When the Father first calls someone out to Christ , the correct response is pisteuo . Not hearing , not love , not thanksgiving . At the very start when the Father first calls us , even Faith in God's word won't work . And that's because , the called out one doesn't have the Spirit of Christ yet , so Christ , His Word , and the promises there in are not his yet . A surrendered life must be genuinely established just to start the journey .

All this is because of this mistranslation of pisteuo . It can be translated by using two sentences , but couldn't with just one word in the English .

And RP, if you check me out , remember , it was mistranslatied in , and so when you read any English dictionary telling you what the Greek word for believe is , it will say pisteuo . Mistranslated in , mistranslated out .

Strongs : pisteuo means not just to believe

Vines : a personal surrender to Him , and a life inspired by such surrender .

The entire church world is being decieved brother .

The Holy Spirit is present in the Gospel. It is the Holy Spirit that convicts us of our need for Christ, John 15:26.

I noticed that you have no scripture that says you must surrender your life to Christ to be saved. Anything other than believing and having faith in Christ is a work. It appears to me that your doctrine is more Catholic than Christian. Many Catholic monks have tried to surrender their lives to Christ by living in isolation of the world. Jesus wants us to go into all of the world and preach his Gospel to everyone.

I was a pastor of a children's church in southern California. Little children are not capable of surrendering their lives to Christ. Nor are teenagers. You have added surrender where it says to believe and have faith. I cannot find any scripture that says you must surrender your life to be saved. All that come to Christ as repentant sinners receive the Holy Spirit. It is the Spirit working in ones life that brings about repentance and the Christian life, Ephesians 2:10.

The Christian life is a struggle because we still have our old Adamic natures. This is what Paul experienced in Romans chapter 7.

"For I know that in me (that is my flesh) dwells no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not" Romans 7:18.

The only life that was fully surrendered to God was the life of Christ. All other lives are corrupted with sin.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
The Holy Spirit is present in the Gospel. It is the Holy Spirit that convicts us of our need for Christ, John 15:26.

I noticed that you have no scripture that says you must surrender your life to Christ to be saved. Anything other than believing and having faith in Christ is a work. It appears to me that your doctrine is more Catholic than Christian. Many Catholic monks have tried to surrender their lives to Christ by living in isolation of the world. Jesus wants us to go into all of the world and preach his Gospel to everyone.

I was a pastor of a children's church in southern California. Little children are not capable of surrendering their lives to Christ. Nor are teenagers. You have added surrender where it says to believe and have faith. I cannot find any scripture that says you must surrender your life to be saved. All that come to Christ as repentant sinners receive the Holy Spirit. It is the Spirit working in ones life that brings about repentance and the Christian life, Ephesians 2:10.

The Christian life is a struggle because we still have our old Adamic natures. This is what Paul experienced in Romans chapter 7.

"For I know that in me (that is my flesh) dwells no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not" Romans 7:18.

The only life that was fully surrendered to God was the life of Christ. All other lives are corrupted with sin.

Rp , pisteuo is defined in the Greek dictionary as " a personal surrender to Him and a life inspired by such ." Pisteuo is used 248 times in the NT .
Pisteuo was mistranslated into the English language , when there was no word to correctly translate it.

The only Scripture that applies to our conversation at this point is Rom. 8:9 where it states that if we don't have the Spirit of Christ , we are none of His . We all start the relationship with Christ without His Spirit . Until we begin the process by pisteuo or the continually surrendered life , we can't possibly have the Spirit of Christ yet , meaning His word is not ours , meaning His promises can't be ours either yet . So that's why I'm not getting into Scripture with you yet , you haven't established a right understanding of Faith and faithing yet .

Believe , believer , and believing are mistranslations .

Robert Pate

Banned
Rp , pisteuo is defined in the Greek dictionary as " a personal surrender to Him and a life inspired by such ." Pisteuo is used 248 times in the NT .
Pisteuo was mistranslated into the English language , when there was no word to correctly translate it.

The only Scripture that applies to our conversation at this point is Rom. 8:9 where it states that if we don't have the Spirit of Christ , we are none of His . We all start the relationship with Christ without His Spirit . Until we begin the process by pisteuo or the continually surrendered life , we can't possibly have the Spirit of Christ yet , meaning His word is not ours , meaning His promises can't be ours either yet . So that's why I'm not getting into Scripture with you yet , you haven't established a right understanding of Faith and faithing yet .

Believe , believer , and believing are mistranslations .

You most certainly do have a problem with the Bible. There is nothing wrong with the Bible, but there is something wrong with you interpretation of it.

I understand what faith is. All one has to do to understand what faith is, is to read the 11th chapter of Hebrews.

As far as your surrendered life goes. God does not want your sinful surrendered life. He wants you to have a life that has been made perfect through suffering, Hebrews 2:10. Which is Christ's life. It is the only life that God accepts.

Everyone that hears and believes the Gospel will receive the Holy Spirit, Galatians 3:2. The Holy Spirit is only given to those that God sees as "In Christ".

Faither

BANNED
Banned
You most certainly do have a problem with the Bible. OPThere is nothing wrong with the Bible, but there is something wrong with you interpretation of it.

I understand what faith is. All one has to do to understand what faith is, is to read the 11th chapter of Hebrews.

As far as your surrendered life goes. God does not want your sinful surrendered life. He wants you to have a life that has been made perfect through suffering, Hebrews 2:10. Which is Christ's life. It is the only life that God accepts.

Everyone that hears and believes the Gospel will receive the Holy Spirit, Galatians 3:2. The Holy Spirit is only given to those that God sees as "In Christ".

My problem is people claiming the Spirit of Christ , Christ , His Word , and the promises in His Word before they've fulfilled even the first act of pisteuo yet .

Try to contain yourself and let's see if we can have a civil discussion , this is important .

Allow me to present some facts to see if you agree with them .

Do you agree that there is a verb form of Faith in the Greek ?

Do you agree that this verb is pisteuo and is used 248 times in the NT ?

Do you agree that the Strongs defines pisteuo as " NOT " just to believe ?

Do you agree that the Vines defines pisteuo as " a personal surrender to Him and a life inspired by such surrender ?"

Robert Pate

Banned
My problem is people claiming the Spirit of Christ , Christ , His Word , and the promises in His Word before they've fulfilled even the first act of pisteuo yet .

Try to contain yourself and let's see if we can have a civil discussion , this is important .

Allow me to present some facts to see if you agree with them .

Do you agree that there is a verb form of Faith in the Greek ?

Do you agree that this verb is pisteuo and is used 248 times in the NT ?

Do you agree that the Strongs defines pisteuo as " NOT " just to believe ?

Do you agree that the Vines defines pisteuo as " a personal surrender to Him and a life inspired by such surrender ?"

I believe that the 11th chapter of Hebrews defines faith.

It is not given to us to know who is saved or who is indwelt with the Holy Spirit. However, there are some indicators, Romans 10:6-12.

There are many that believe that Jesus is the Christ and is the savior of the world, but are not saved. Simply because they don't see themselves as needy sinners that are lost.

You seem to be hung up on the surrendered life. Like I said before that is not an indicator that one is a Christian. Little children that are saved have simple child like faith in Jesus. That is the kind of faith that we are supposed to have. Don't complicate things with a surrendered life. No one has a surrendered life, because we are all still in our Adamic bodies.

Jesus is the only one that had a surrendered life. He was obedient unto death. His will was to do the Fathers will. We don't even come close to that.

Right Divider

Body part
Yes , we must respond , but the NT response is Faith.
Faith in not just an NT response. It is the response that God always required.

(Hab 2:4 KJV) Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
I believe that the 11th chapter of Hebrews defines faith.

It is not given to us to know who is saved or who is indwelt with the Holy Spirit. However, there are some indicators, Romans 10:6-12.

There are many that believe that Jesus is the Christ and is the savior of the world, but are not saved. Simply because they don't see themselves as needy sinners that are lost.

You seem to be hung up on the surrendered life. Like I said before that is not an indicator that one is a Christian. Little children that are saved have simple child like faith in Jesus. That is the kind of faith that we are supposed to have. Don't complicate things with a surrendered life. No one has a surrendered life, because we are all still in our Adamic bodies.

Jesus is the only one that had a surrendered life. He was obedient unto death. His will was to do the Fathers will. We don't even come close to that.

So are you saying you reject the Vines definition of Faith and faithing , " a personal surrender to Him and a life inspired by such surrender ".

Are you saying you reject the Greek word pisteuo in the Greek texts , used 248 times ?

Robert Pate

Banned
So are you saying you reject the Vines definition of Faith and faithing , " a personal surrender to Him and a life inspired by such surrender ".

Are you saying you reject the Greek word pisteuo in the Greek texts , used 248 times ?

What I am saying is that no one is living a surrendered life.

Listen to what Paul is saying, "As it is written, THERE IS NONE RIGHTEOUS, NO, NOT ONE" Romans 3:10.

He could have said, "There is none that have surrendered their lives to Christ, no, not one.

As long as we are in these Adamic bodies we are sinners, just like Paul said. If the condition is that you must surrender your life to Christ, none will be saved.

Now listen carefully. The only life that was totally surrendered to God was the life of Christ. This is our real life. This is the life that was without spot or blemish. This life is the only life that God will accept into heaven.

This is the life that fulfilled all of the righteous demands of God's holy law. Outside of the life of Christ, "All have sinned and come short of the glory of God" Romans 3:23.

You cannot personally surrender your life to Christ. Stop trying to be holy and rest in the one that was holy for you, Hebrews 4:10.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
What I am saying is that no one is living a surrendered life.

Listen to what Paul is saying, "As it is written, THERE IS NONE RIGHTEOUS, NO, NOT ONE" Romans 3:10.

He could have said, "There is none that have surrendered their lives to Christ, no, not one.

As long as we are in these Adamic bodies we are sinners, just like Paul said. If the condition is that you must surrender your life to Christ, none will be saved.

Now listen carefully. The only life that was totally surrendered to God was the life of Christ. This is our real life. This is the life that was without spot or blemish. This life is the only life that God will accept into heaven.

This is the life that fulfilled all of the righteous demands of God's holy law. Outside of the life of Christ, "All have sinned and come short of the glory of God" Romans 3:23.

You cannot personally surrender your life to Christ. Stop trying to be holy and rest in the one that was holy for you, Hebrews 4:10.

RP , I never said I think the surrendered life that the writers mandate and the Greek dictionary validates is somehow righteous or Holy or worth of anything good !

The only thing it ," must " be is genuine !

Recognize , that what I'm presenting to you is the word pisteuo , what the Greek writers used to communicate how Faith and faithing are applied , and the Greek dictionarys definition to support this . These are not my wild baseless opinions .

I must see some agreement on your part that at least recognizes these basic facts, before we could move forward beyond the Greek word and it's correct definition .

The words believe , believing , and believer are mistranslations and have taken most of the church world onto a wrong path . It's time to look at what I'm presenting , and not the presenter.

Can you agree with these two basic facts ? That pisteuo is the Greek verb used to communicate how NT Faith and faithing are applied ? And the Strongs defines pisteuo as " NOT " meaning just to believe . And the Vines defines pisteuo as " a personal surrender to Him and a life inspired by such surrender " ?

Will you agree with those facts ?

Robert Pate

Banned
RP , I never said I think the surrendered life that the writers mandate and the Greek dictionary validates is somehow righteous or Holy or worth of anything good !

The only thing it ," must " be is genuine !

Recognize , that what I'm presenting to you is the word pisteuo , what the Greek writers used to communicate how Faith and faithing are applied , and the Greek dictionarys definition to support this . These are not my wild baseless opinions .

I must see some agreement on your part that at least recognizes these basic facts, before we could move forward beyond the Greek word and it's correct definition .

The words believe , believing , and believer are mistranslations and have taken most of the church world onto a wrong path . It's time to look at what I'm presenting , and not the presenter.

Can you agree with these two basic facts ? That pisteuo is the Greek verb used to communicate how NT Faith and faithing are applied ? And the Strongs defines pisteuo as " NOT " meaning just to believe . And the Vines defines pisteuo as " a personal surrender to Him and a life inspired by such surrender " ?

Will you agree with those facts ?

The word "faith" in Strong Concordance is word #G4102 pistis, taken from #G3982 credience; moral conviction (of religious truth or the truthfulness of God or a religious teacher) ESPECIALLY RELIANCE UPON CHRIST FOR SALVATION.

The object of faith in the New Testament is always faith in Jesus Christ and his Gospel. There is nothing there about a surrendered life.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
The word "faith" in Strong Concordance is word #G4102 pistis, taken from #G3982 credience; moral conviction (of religious truth or the truthfulness of God or a religious teacher) ESPECIALLY RELIANCE UPON CHRIST FOR SALVATION.

The object of faith in the New Testament is always faith in Jesus Christ and his Gospel. There is nothing there about a surrendered life.

That's the noun , pistis , where we get our English word Faith .

I'm talking about 4100 in the Strongs , pisteuo , the corresponding verb . The English language has no corresponding verb yo the noun Faith like the Greek does . This is the problem .

What about the facts I asked you to agree with ?

Last chance !

Robert Pate

Banned
That's the noun , pistis , where we get our English word Faith .

I'm talking about 4100 in the Strongs , pisteuo , the corresponding verb . The English language has no corresponding verb yo the noun Faith like the Greek does . This is the problem .

What about the facts I asked you to agree with ?

Last chance !

G4100 is the same as G4102. They both mean the same thing. There is nothing there about a surrendered life. I think that you are trying to make the word "faith" say something that it does not say. Did you read the 11th chapter of Hebrews?

There is no scripture anywhere in the Bible about a surrendered life. The reason is, is because it is not possible. Like I said before, there was only one person with a surrendered life and that was Jesus Christ. He lived a surrendered life for us. It is the only life that God accepts. I think you would do well to forget about the Greek.

genuineoriginal

Hosea 4:6
6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.​

There is a relationship between us rejecting God and Him rejecting us.
The same is true for us accepting God and Him accepting us.

If we don't accept Him, He will NOT accept us.

Revelation 3:20
20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.​

Faither

BANNED
Banned
G4100 is the same as G4102. They both mean the same thing. There is nothing there about a surrendered life. I think that you are trying to make the word "faith" say something that it does not say. Did you read the 11th chapter of Hebrews?

There is no scripture anywhere in the Bible about a surrendered life. The reason is, is because it is not possible. Like I said before, there was only one person with a surrendered life and that was Jesus Christ. He lived a surrendered life for us. It is the only life that God accepts. I think you would do well to forget about the Greek.

So the noun pistis is the same as the verb pisteuo in the Greek ?

Ok , so that's where we're at ? You've been served !

Faither

BANNED
Banned

Hosea 4:6
6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.​

There is a relationship between us rejecting God and Him rejecting us.
The same is true for us accepting God and Him accepting us.

If we don't accept Him, He will NOT accept us.

Revelation 3:20
20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.​

No , if we don't faithe into Him He will not accept us .

This is what that means using the Vines Greek dictionary definition of the verb for Faith , pisteuo .
If we don't make "a personal surrender to Him and live a life inspired by such surrender ," He will not accept us .

Faither

BANNED
Banned

I'm used to this truth not being accepted RP . But I got to be honest , I've seen you around here for awhile , I thought you were different . Meaning you had the capability to be honest with yourself .
Do I really need to show you how to look up the Vines Greek dictionary definition of pisteuo ?

If I can't persuade you with sound Greek text and the corresponding dictionarys definition , I guess I'm done .