Rebuttal of the dreadful doctrine of reprobation

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

When I talk to Arminians, this is where I see the problem. A Calvinist is stricken with an awareness of his wicked, fallen, rebellious heart. He sees election as the ONLY way a holy God could have brought this vile creature to Jesus. I just don't think that an Arminian could hold to his "free will" if he understood how corrupt he truly is, apart from Jesus.

Tulip Bee,

I have no affiliation or core theological group to say I am part of, but I agree with you about our need for Jesus, and how corrupt we really are. All I have to do is look inside my soul or turn on the news.

There is a terminal infection, and Jesus is the cure. [emoji846][emoji106][emoji846]

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

LightSon

When I talk to Arminians, this is where I see the problem. A Calvinist is stricken with an awareness of his wicked, fallen, rebellious heart. He sees election as the ONLY way a holy God could have brought this vile creature to Jesus. I just don't think that an Arminian could hold to his "free will" if he understood how corrupt he truly is, apart from Jesus.
Is the Arminian holding to his "free will" because God ordained it to be so?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Jew appeasers?

Are you an anti-semite Crucible?

I don't have to include them in my religion to not be 'anti-semite'.

That's the problem with this idiotic world today, always having to jump from one extreme to the next.

Yes, they are Jew appeasers. Out of their disdain for Islam, they have chosen to be harlots.

Sonnet

During that time in history there were two Messages being preached:

1) Peter and the rest of the Apostles preached the "Kingdom Gospel" to the Jews.

2) Paul preached the "Grace Gospel" to the Gentiles.

Out of his immense ignorance, Cruc doesn't know how to "Rightly Divide" the word of God.

Paul preached the same gospel to Jew and Gentile:

Acts 13::26,39
Fellow children of Abraham and you God-fearing Gentiles, it is to us that this message of salvation has been sent.

Through him everyone who believes is set free from every sin, a justification you were not able to obtain under the law of Moses.

1 Cor 15:11

Sonnet

I don't have to include them in my religion to not be 'anti-semite'.

That's the problem with this idiotic world today, always having to jump from one extreme to the next.

Yes, they are Jew appeasers. Out of their disdain for Islam, they have chosen to be harlots.

Is it the case, per your theology, that the Jew that rejects Christ is born guilty of sin and is unable to not sin?

And this being the case for all people (per your theology)?

Sonnet

During that time in history there were two Messages being preached:

1) Peter and the rest of the Apostles preached the "Kingdom Gospel" to the Jews.

2) Paul preached the "Grace Gospel" to the Gentiles.

Out of his immense ignorance, Cruc doesn't know how to "Rightly Divide" the word of God.

Acts 18:5-11
When Silas and Timothy came from Macedonia, Paul devoted himself exclusively to preaching, testifying to the Jews that Jesus was the Messiah. But when they opposed Paul and became abusive, he shook out his clothes in protest and said to them, “Your blood be on your own heads! I am innocent of it. From now on I will go to the Gentiles.”

Then Paul left the synagogue and went next door to the house of Titius Justus, a worshiper of God. Crispus, the synagogue leader, and his entire household believed in the Lord; and many of the Corinthians who heard Paul believed and were baptized.

One night the Lord spoke to Paul in a vision: “Do not be afraid; keep on speaking, do not be silent. For I am with you, and no one is going to attack and harm you, because I have many people in this city.” So Paul stayed in Corinth for a year and a half, teaching them the word of God.

Cross Reference

Right, but he clearly doesn't mean every single Israelite for all time - he means those who by grace placed their faith in God. He is talking about individual Israelites, not Israel as a nation. Just like he doesn't mean every single Gentile when he refers to the "Gentiles" in the same passage...

Nor, by that same reasoning, is Roman 3:10-12ff intended by Paul to be understood:

"As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one."
Romans 3:10-12 (KJV)

Cross Reference

It sounds boastful, but I confess that my words are not God's words, and we should only trust the Spirit of Christ to teach us.

And when He does we should expect our words to be His words. That is the expected outcome, is it not? Can we not understand that the "Agape" road is a narrow way and persons of 'two opinions' cannot walk it?

Cross Reference

Is the Arminian holding to his "free will" because God ordained it to be so?

"Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: Of sin, because they believe not on me; Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;
11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged."
John 16:7-11 (KJV)

If a man has no freewill, what would be the point of sending such a comforter?

Cross Reference

Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!

His power is made perfect in our weakness!!!!!

How??

Clue:

" . . Ye [we] have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin. And ye [we] have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you [us] as unto children": . . "My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him: For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth. If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not? But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons." Hebrews 12:4-8 (KJV)

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Tulip Bee,

I have no affiliation or core theological group to say I am part of, but I agree with you about our need for Jesus, and how corrupt we really are. All I have to do is look inside my soul or turn on the news.

There is a terminal infection, and Jesus is the cure. [emoji846][emoji106][emoji846]

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary
I'm part arminian and part calvinist cause its both. Both at the same time. I see things simultaneously where men can't explain it cause of space and time.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

And when He does we should expect our words to be His words. That is the expected outcome, is it not?

I was pointing out that I threw that monstrosity [emoji118] of a post together quickly. I was sarcastic in it and I could have done better.

The Davidic covenant is a joint prophecy to David about Christ and the peace of literal Israel. There are better covenants to use to show that God has literal promises to the Jews that are still waiting to be fulfilled. Paul references this in Romans 11.

I had been challenged as boastful earlier, so I was making it clear that only God is 100% Infallible and I was offsetting the humorous tone I used in my rapidly thrown together, Romans 11 Post.

And as for everything about the duality of man.

Proverbs 16:9 (NKJV)

9 A man’s heart plans his way,
But the Lord directs his steps.

Can we not understand that the "Agape" road is a narrow way and persons of 'two opinions' cannot walk it?

When I first realized that listening to doctrines of men was a dangerous matter and I canned my belief in God altogether, I was bitter.

I thought everyone that was on the nipple of Manmade establishment was lost, if there was a God.

As I studied religions around the world, I realized that everyone hungers for God. Even Anti Theists try to rationalize their desire to meet their Heavenly Father away with hostility.

One of my favorite interview moments with Richard Dawkins is when he is discussing his book "the devil's minister". He's going off about what a jerk the God of the Old Testament is. The interviewer asks him, do you have a problem with "the Loving God of the New Testament?" Richard got a soft look and said "No".

Then it hit me, people aren't rejecting God, they are rejecting lies about God from people that Love God, but misunderstand God.

That Agape road is narrow, but that's because only One can walk it. Jesus! God settled all the misinformation when "The Word" became flesh. Most people were looking for an angry God that had the characteristics of hateful humanity, but they got the source of all Life and Love.

Once I understood this, I was so angry at established religion that I railed against it! But then I realized what a hypocrite I was being. We all mess up! All of us. If it's not some deadly vice, it's the misrepresentation of God.

We are the broad way to destruction! Only the Narrow gate can save us. We naturally divide, conquer, judge and hate. The devil probably gets frustrated, because collective humanity does his job better than he does. Every finger we point, old Lu gets assistance!

This is why God revealing Himself through the Flesh of His only begotten Son is such a big deal.

He didn't come to judge and condemn. He came to reinfuse Love into our lives, so we could survive until it all comes to a close. He came to Love us and show that He would rather die, than be without one of us.

That Agape road is His and His alone, and He can save the whole world if He wants to. The proud religious and the hateful Anti Theists are His to save alone.

If salvation rested in the hands of man, we would be absolutely sunk. This is why I'm so on fire about the Love of Jesus. He is the hope of all of us. Knowledge can't save us. Words can't save us. We can't save us. Books can't save us. Churches can't save us. But when it comes to it, God does save us. His Love is the currency of the universe and Daddy loans his money out every second of every day. Spending that Love Currency and being trusted with it is the greatest feeling in the world!

That Agape road is narrow, but He carries us over that road. We divide into so many divisions.

Is Calvin right? Is the Pope right? Are Armenians right? Is this church right? Is this religion right? Is that religion right? The answer.... Only God is right and He is Love. That simple truth is written in blood and sanctifies the entire earth. His blood was spilled all over the pathway to Calvary.

That's it. That's everyone's hope. Humanity rests on the Narrow Road, and that road has a name. Jesus.

Is God a God of free-will? Is God a God of pre-destination? Who cares! God is Love! You can't box Love up with any 100 volume, theological extrapolation. God is Love. We just want to be in Daddies arms, and He wants us there, more than we want to be there.

Last edited:

Cross Reference

I was pointing out that I threw that monstrosity [emoji118] of a post together quickly. I was sarcastic in it and I could have done better.

The Davidic covenant is a joint prophecy to David about Christ and the peace of literal Israel. There are better covenants to use to show that God has literal promises to the Jews that are still waiting to be fulfilled. Paul references this in Romans 11.

I had been challenged as boastful earlier, so I was making it clear that only God is 100% Infallible and I was offsetting the humorous tone I used in my rapidly thrown together, Romans 11 Post.

And as for everything about the duality of man.

Proverbs 16:9 (NKJV)

9 A man’s heart plans his way,
But the Lord directs his steps.

When I first realized that listening to doctrines of men was a dangerous matter and I canned my belief in God altogether, I was bitter.

I thought everyone that was on the nipple of Manmade establishment was lost, if there was a God.

As I studied religions around the world, I realized that everyone hungers for God. Even Anti Theists try to rationalize their desire to meet their Heavenly Father away with hostility.

One of my favorite interview moments with Richard Dawkins is when he is discussing his book "the devil's minister". He's going off about what a jerk the God of the Old Testament is. The interviewer asks him, do you have a problem with "the Loving God of the New Testament?" Richard got a soft look and said "No".

Then it hit me, people aren't rejecting God, they are rejecting lies about God from people that Love God, but misunderstand God.

That Agape road is narrow, but that's because only One can walk it. Jesus! God settled all the misinformation when "The Word" became flesh. Most people were looking for an angry God that had the characteristics of hateful humanity, but they got the source of all Life and Love.

Once I understood this, I was so angry at established religion that I railed against it! But then I realized what a hypocrite I was being. We all mess up! All of us. If it's not some deadly vice, it's the misrepresentation of God.

We are the broad way to destruction! Only the Narrow gate can save us. We naturally divide, conquer, judge and hate. The devil probably gets frustrated, because collective humanity does his job better than he does. Every finger we point, old Lu gets assistance!

This is why God revealing Himself through the Flesh of His only begotten Son is such a big deal.

He didn't come to judge and condemn. He came to reinfuse Love into our lives, so we could survive until it all comes to a close. He came to Love us and show that He would rather die, than be without one of us.

That Agape road is His and His alone, and He can save the whole world if He wants to. The proud religious and the hateful Anti Theists are His to save alone.

If salvation rested in the hands of man, we would be absolutely sunk. This is why I'm so on fire about the Love of Jesus. He is the hope of all of us. Knowledge can't save us. Words can't save us. We can't save us. Books can't save us. Churches can't save us. But when it comes to it, God does save us. His Love is the currency of the universe and Daddy loans his money out every second of every day. Spending that Love Currency and being trusted with it is the greatest feeling in the world!

That Agape road is narrow, but He carries us over that road. We divide into so many divisions.

Is Calvin right? Is the Pope right? Are Armenians right? Is this church right? Is this religion right? Is that religion right? The answer.... Only God is right and He is Love. That simple truth is written in blood and sanctifies the entire earth. His blood was spilled all over the pathway to Calvary.

That's it. That's everyone's hope. Humanity rests on the Narrow Road, and that road has a name. Jesus.

Is God a God of free-will? Is God a God of pre-destination? Who cares! God is Love! You can't box Love up with any 100 volume, theological extrapolation. God is Love. We just want to be in Daddies arms, and He wants us there, more than we want to be there.

Sorry, Name. I can't buy into your overly religious philosophy.

Being an heir of God; joint heir with Jesus involves much more than one believing "Jesus did it all", leaving nothing required of him.. "He who overcomes I will give . . . " Jesus. The "Agape" road is the way and the life that leads one home to Father's house. There is no other way given man by which he can be saved as purposed by God for His ultimate intention for created him.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

Being an heir of God; joint heir with Jesus involves much more than one believing "Jesus did it all", leaving nothing required of him.. "He who overcomes I will give . . . " Jesus. The "Agape" road is the way and the life that leads one home to Father's house. There is no other way given man by which he can be saved as purposed by God for His ultimate intention for created him.

You mean my Underly Religious understanding of walking in Christ?

James 1:27 (KJV)

27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

John 14:27

"Peace I leave with you. My peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Your heart must not be troubled or fearful.

1 John 4:18

There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

Are you then saying that we overcome?

I thought He OverCame.

Cross Reference

Are you then saying that we overcome?

I thought He OverCame.

"He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God."
Revelation 2:7 (KJV)

"He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death."
Revelation 2:11 (KJV)

"He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it."
Revelation 2:17 (KJV)

"And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:"
Revelation 2:26 (KJV)

"He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels."
Revelation 3:5 (KJV)

"Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.
Revelation 3:12 (KJV)

"To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne."
Revelation 3:21 (KJV)

"and every one who is having this hope on him, doth purify himself, even as he is pure."
1 John 3:3; Jas 4:8 (YLT)

"Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:"
1 Peter 1:22 (KJV)

I hope and trust you will read the context of each to see our responsibility . . . and why that escaping hellfire and torment isn't the issue.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

"He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God."
Revelation 2:7 (KJV)

"He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death."
Revelation 2:11 (KJV)

"He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it."
Revelation 2:17 (KJV)

"And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:"
Revelation 2:26 (KJV)

"He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels."
Revelation 3:5 (KJV)

"Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.
Revelation 3:12 (KJV)

"To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne."
Revelation 3:21 (KJV)

"and every one who is having this hope on him, doth purify himself, even as he is pure."
1 John 3:3; Jas 4:8 (YLT)

"Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:"
1 Peter 1:22 (KJV)

I hope and trust you will read the context of each to see our responsibility . . . and why that escaping hellfire and torment isn't mentioned.

1 John 3:3 seems to prove my point, and in context with all of Pauls writings, in conjunction with the works of John the Revelator, I still see Christ as our Overcomer, and the work of "unfeigned" Love to be our Duty/Work/Obligation/Yoke.

Can we drop one drop of obedience into the equation of salvation, other than Love that Christ, John and Paul commanded?