Real Science Radio: Plate Tectonics. Not.

Daedalean's_Sun

It's all in the show. Let us know when you've finished listening. :thumb:

Try the show. Link in the OP. :up:

So you want me to pay $24.99 to order and listen to his lunacy on CD? :rotfl: You must have completely lost your mind! I'd rather pay a hobo with mouth herpes to vomit directly into my ears. Why is it that these pseudoscience quacks are always trying to sell you something?

How about this? How about you actually discuss the evidence that you begged for? If you want to present whatever evidence Walt talks about in his show, then by all means present it. Or you can discuss the evidence that I presented. Your choice.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So you want me to pay $24.99 to order and listen to his lunacy on CD? :rotfl: You must have completely lost your mind! I'd rather pay a hobo with mouth herpes to vomit directly into my ears. Why is it that these pseudoscience quacks are always trying to sell you something?How about this? How about you actually discuss the evidence that you begged for? If you want to present whatever evidence Walt talks about in his show, then by all means present it. Or you can discuss the evidence that I presented. Your choice.

:wave2:

:troll:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
No one actually expects Stripe to address the evidence. He never does that. You just wait for him to say something especially dumb, and then mark it for people to see.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'd rather pay a hobo with mouth herpes to vomit directly into my ears....:chz4brnz:

Oh such class and brilliance--Not! You are doing your share of erupting all over this thread. It's drawing flies.
:dead:

Paulos

[H]ere is evidence of Plate Tectonics:

-Fossil Distribution:

fosdis.gif

-Measured continental drift

-Matching Permo-Carboniferous glacial sediments

-Relative fit of continental coastlines

-Volcanic/seismic activity and plate boundaries

map_plate_tectonics_world.gif

-Cross continental Glacial striation
glacial_striations.jpg

-Polar wandering and Paleomagnetism

-Relative sea-floor age

WorldCrustalAge-small.jpg

-Gravity anomaly measurements

subgravanom.gif

-Coral reefs off the coast of Antarctica

-Magnetic strips along oceanic ridges

polarity.gif

That is very compelling evidence in favor of plate tectonics. Consequently, I was not surprised to read that according to the National Academy of Sciences, the theory of plate tectonics is as well established as the cell theory and the heliocentric theory:

The formal scientific definition of theory is quite different from the everyday meaning of the word. It refers to a comprehensive explanation of some aspect of nature that is supported by a vast body of evidence.

Many scientific theories are so well established that no new evidence is likely to alter them substantially. For example, no new evidence will demonstrate that the Earth does not orbit around the Sun (heliocentric theory), or that living things are not made of cells (cell theory), that matter is not composed of atoms, or that the surface of the Earth is not divided into solid plates that have moved over geological timescales (the theory of plate tectonics).​

Link: http://www.nap.edu/openbook.php?record_id=11876&page=11

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
Apparently they're too cheap to spend $24.99

No wait...

apparently they're too cheap to listen to something for free :chuckle:

Now that's cheap

alwight

Great image, that! :thumb:

But are all atheists immune to spending a few minutes listening to the presentations from the other side?
Perhaps if you presented one or two pieces of good evidence for whatever it is YE Creationists think is a better explanation of the facts, it might help with any perceived reluctance to be drivelled at by what is primarily designed to be simply YEC eye candy?:thumb:

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Perhaps if you presented one or two pieces of good evidence for whatever it is YE Creationists think is a better explanation of the facts, it might help with any perceived reluctance to be drivelled at by what is primarily designed to be simply YEC eye candy?:thumb:

:doh:

Honestly, this is the sort of incompetence you atheists want representing you?