Real Science Radio: Now, Every (Comet) Scientist Works for Walt Brown!

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
The orbit calculations revealed beyond any doubt that this body did not originate from inside the Solar System, like all other asteroids or comets ever observed, but instead had come from interstellar space...ESO’s Very Large Telescope was immediately called into action to measure the object’s orbit, brightness and colour more accurately than smaller telescopes could achieve. Speed was vital as ‘Oumuamua was rapidly fading as it headed away from the Sun and past the Earth’s orbit, on its way out of the Solar System. There were more surprises to come...

Preliminary orbital calculations suggested that the object had come from the approximate direction of the bright star Vega, in the northern constellation of Lyra. However, even travelling at a breakneck speed of about 95 000 kilometres/hour, it took so long for the interstellar object to make the journey to our Solar System that Vega was not near that position when the asteroid was there about 300,000 years ago. ‘Oumuamua may well have been wandering through the Milky Way, unattached to any star system, for hundreds of millions of years before its chance encounter with the Solar System.

Astronomers estimate that an interstellar asteroid similar to ‘Oumuamua passes through the inner Solar System about once per year, but they are faint and hard to spot so have been missed until now. It is only recently that survey telescopes, such as Pan-STARRS, are powerful enough to have a chance to discover them.

“We are continuing to observe this unique object,” concludes Olivier Hainaut, “and we hope to more accurately pin down where it came from and where it is going next on its tour of the galaxy. And now that we have found the first interstellar rock, we are getting ready for the next ones!”

-- https://dailyaccord.com/interstellar-object-has-been-confirmed-to-be-from-another-solar-system/

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hydroplate theory doesn't allow for high speed hyperbolic orbits of comets or asteroids. In fact, it explicitly says there can't be such objects.

Why have Walt and Bob kept so quiet since this momentous discovery? :think:
They haven't. :idunno:

Sent from my SM-A520F using TOL mobile app

gcthomas

You're an idiot.

Why can you never answer any actual questions without trying desperately to avoid the specifics? If you don't know what Walt and Brown have said, why don't you say so? If you do know, then what is stopping you from summarising in a dozen words, since that would be quicker than this toing and froing.

(I know you are seemingly addicted to saying 'I've already explained…' to cover up your lack of previoius answer, but everyone knows you do that. You should stop with the pretense of expertise and just join the discussion. It'd be more fun for all if you actually engaged. :)

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why can you never answer any actual questions without trying desperately to avoid the specifics?
Easy.

I can.

If you don't know what Walt and Brown have said, why don't you say so?
They said pretty much what I said.

There's no point trying to recount their ideas when you can't even properly represent what I say.

Even the small part you said about me that was useful you minimized.

If you do know, then what is stopping you from summarising in a dozen words, since that would be quicker than this toing and froing.
My response to the finding has been presented.

It's brief and easy to understand.

(I know you are seemingly addicted to saying 'I've already explained…' to cover up your lack of previoius answer, but everyone knows you do that. You should stop with the pretense of expertise and just join the discussion. It'd be more fun for all if you actually engaged. :)

It's right there in previous posts, perfectly explained.

Your wailing is boring.

gcthomas

Easy.

I can.

They said pretty much what I said.

There's no point trying to recount their ideas when you can't even properly represent what I say.

Even the small part you said about me that was useful you minimized.

My response to the finding has been presented.

It's brief and easy to understand.

It's right there in previous posts, perfectly explained.

Your wailing is boring.

Of you don't have any thoughts then you should day so instead of lying about having already answered. I know that is what you always do, but I live in hope you will debate honestly.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Of you don't have any thoughts then you should day so instead of lying about having already answered. I know that is what you always do, but I live in hope you will debate honestly.
You want me to repeat what I've already said? :AMR:

It totals about three lines and it's all in the past 50 posts.

If you care, you can look there.

But we know you don't.

gcthomas

You want me to repeat what I've already said? :AMR:

It totals about three lines and it's all in the past 50 posts.

If you care, you can look there.

But we know you don't.

I've read every post in this thread. You tell the same lie every thread as a default behaviour to save the directly exposing your ignorance. That's your reputation here, and that's up to you I suppose, but that means I am the foolish one for expecting a more honest approach from a claimed Christian. Ho hum.