Real Science Radio: Now, Every (Comet) Scientist Works for Walt Brown!

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Do you know of such a fundamental prediction that failed?
It's not a "fundamental" prediction.

Whatever that is.

Were rabbits found in the Precambrian?!

Sure.

But let's stick on topic.

How about the prediction about the rounded rocks on comets. Nobody has acknowledged that Dr Brown got that one right in spectacular fashion.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Can you sum up in a few of your own words what is the basis or underlying assumption for Brown's prediction?

Comets came from Earth. A comet from another solar system would not have had time to get here, therefore all comets should be on parabolic orbits.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Comets came from Earth. A comet from another solar system would not have had time to get here, therefore all comets should be on parabolic orbits.

Oh. So debris from another system would not have enough time to travel to our solar system because the universe is only 6,000 years old? Got it. Well, that does present a problem, doesn't it.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Or, rather, to find solutions. Problems aren't very difficult to find.
Nope.

Science is about finding things that do not work and eliminating them from what we think might be true.

Finding solutions does not require one to have correct science.

Sent from my SM-A520F using TOL mobile app

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
So debris from another system would not have enough time to travel to our solar system because the universe is only 6,000 years old? Got it. Well, that does present a problem, doesn't it.

From Brown's point of view, there is also the problem of why there would ever be space debris outside of our own solar system in the first place. For example, did God create other solar systems with planets who blew their contents into outer space due to hydroplate fracturing, or did God create the universe with space debris ready-made and en route? What would be the point of that? Etc...

One could then proceed further to ask, If the universe is only 6,000 years old, why are there supernovas, black holes, etc...?

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
From Brown's point of view, there is also the problem of why there would ever be space debris outside of our own solar system in the first place. For example, did God create other solar systems with planets who blew their contents into outer space due to hydroplate fracturing, or did God create the universe with space debris ready-made and en route? What would be the point of that? Etc...
How about we look for the data to come on the object we have seen rather than speculating on what we can never know. :up:

One could then proceed further to ask, If the universe is only 6,000 years old, why are there supernovas, black holes, etc...?

:AMR:

Why wouldn't there be?

gcthomas

How about we look for the data to come on the object we have seen rather than speculating on what we can never know.

Why wait? Brown dismisses any difference in origin between comets and asteroids, as in the quote I showed you, and we already know the orbital parameters. This thing is extrasolar, and you shouldn't just close your eyes to it.

(YECs will do anything to avoid discussing the evidence! ;) )

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why wait?
Because the data haven't arrived yet. :duh:

Brown dismisses any difference in origin between comets and asteroids, as in the quote I showed you, and we already know the orbital parameters. This thing is extrasolar, and you shouldn't just close your eyes to it.
:yawn:

Nobody is closing their eyes to anything.

I've been very clear that this prediction looks like it has failed.

gcthomas

Because the data haven't arrived yet. :duh:

Um, the orbital parameters are known enough to confirm the hyperbolic nature. What is being waited on is the exact size of the ellipticity. Brown hasn't been very quick to explain how this doesn't sink his theory with his declaration that hyperbolic orbits aren't possible within Hydroplate Theory.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Um, the orbital parameters are known enough to confirm the hyperbolic nature. What is being waited on is the exact size of the ellipticity. Brown hasn't been very quick to explain how this doesn't sink his theory with his declaration that hyperbolic orbits aren't possible within Hydroplate Theory.
Um, the rest of the data are yet to arrive.

You're not the patient type, are you?