Real Science Radio: More Soft Tissue Confirms RSR Dino Prediction

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
For starters, the nearest star to earth (other than our sun) is Proxima Centauri. It is approximately 4.24 light years away. This means that it takes the light from Proxima Centauri 4.24 years to reach us. When we look at Proxima Centauri, we are seeing what that star looked like 4.24 years ago.

The disk of our galaxy, the Milky Way, is estimated to be at least 100,000 light-years across. If you were to use a telescope to observe a star located at the opposite end of the galaxy from us, the light that you would see coming from that star would have traveled upwards of 100,000 years or more to reach us.

The closest galaxy to our own Milky Way is the Sagittarius Dwarf Spheroidal Galaxy. A satellite galaxy of the Milky Way, it is estimated to be about 70,000 light-years from Earth, traveling in a polar orbit (i.e. an orbit passing through the galactic poles) at a distance of about 50,000 light-years from the core of the Milky Way:

[CENTER][IMG]http://annesastronomynews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/The-Sagittarius-Dwarf-Elliptical.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

The farthest observable supernova is SN UDS10Wil. It is estimated to have exploded more than 10 billion years ago:

[CENTER][IMG]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b1/Record-breaking_supernova_in_the_CANDELS_Ultra_Deep_Survey.jpg/800px-Record-breaking_supernova_in_the_CANDELS_Ultra_Deep_Survey.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

The farthest galaxy observed from earth (so far) is EGSY8p7. It is estimated to be 13.2 billion light-years from Earth. This means that it takes light from EGSY8p7 13.2 billion years to travel through to reach us.

The universe must be an old place for light from such distant objects to reach us. If one takes the view that the universe was created 6,000 years ago, then it must necessarily have been created with this appearance of age.
Oh, you want to talk about stars now?

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Oh, you want to talk about stars now?

You asked me for data indicating that the universe is in a mature state, being approximately 13.8 billion years old, so I gave some to you. It all ties in together: old universe, old earth, old dinosaur fossils.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
No, we were not there. But you knew that.
That's what the "oh, wait" implied.:dunce::duh:

I'll leave it to someone else to attempt to explain it to you, but given your lack of intellectual curiosity I suspect that to be a waste of time and effort.
You have no idea what my level of curiosity is.

And no police detective can ever solve a crime unless he was there to see it happen. Oh, wait.
You do realize you're speaking of recent events, don't you? And still many crimes go unsolved because there are no witnesses. And even those that do are solved because the perpetrator confesses.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You asked me for data indicating that the universe is in a mature state, being approximately 13.8 billion years old, so I gave some to you. It all ties in together: old universe, old earth, old dinosaur fossils.

No, it doesn't.

We are talking about dino soft tissue, which dramatically opposes the notion that dinos are old.

Your star story might be good evidence that the universe is as old as you claim, but it is of no relevance here.

Learn to stick to a topic. :up:

And while you're at it, tell JD off for his stupid analogy. It will do your credibility a power of good.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
No, it doesn't.

We are talking about dino soft tissue, which dramatically opposes the notion that dinos are old.

Your star story might be good evidence that the universe is as old as you claim, but it is of no relevance here.

Learn to stick to a topic. :up:

And while you're at it, tell JD off for his stupid analogy. It will do your credibility a power of good.

But Stripe, if the "star story" might be good evidence that contradicts your "Bible story". Difficulty dealing with too much information at once?

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
But Stripe, if the "star story" might be good evidence that contradicts your "Bible story".
It might be. Feel free to start a thread and discuss it. :idunno:

Difficulty dealing with too much information at once?

Nope. Just noting that the first evidence User presented to refute dino soft tissue is starlight. :dizzy:

6days

Username said:
It is true that the observable universe has a radius of about 45 billion light years, and yet the age of the universe is estimated to be 13.8 billion years old. This is because space itself is expanding as light is traveling through it:
So ... expansion was faster than the speed of light...but God is not?

Username said:
This does not invalidate the fact that light travels at approximately 6 trillion miles per year. There are stars in our own galaxy that are over 100,000 light-years away from earth, which means that it takes that much time for light from those stars to reach us.
Poor conclusion.

You already agreed that there can be a condition where something is faster than the speed of light. We are told about that in Genesis 1. God created the stars and two days later they could be seen from earth.*

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
You already agreed that there can be a condition where something is faster than the speed of light.

The Milky Way Galaxy is not spreading apart faster than the speed of light. There are stars in our own galaxy that are over 100,000 light-years away from us. This requires a lot of time, or at least the appearance of considerable age.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
So ... expansion was faster than the speed of light...but God is not?

Poor conclusion.

You already agreed that there can be a condition where something is faster than the speed of light. We are told about that in Genesis 1. God created the stars and two days later they could be seen from earth.*

Your deity does not exist. None does.

6days

The Milky Way Galaxy is not spreading apart faster than the speed of light. There are stars in our own galaxy that are over 100,000 light-years away from us. This requires a lot of time, or at least the appearance of considerable age.
You ignored the question I put to you...."So ... expansion was faster than the speed of light...but God is not?"

And you ignored ...
"You already agreed that there can be a condition where something is faster than the speed of light. We are told about that in Genesis 1. God created the stars and two days later they could be seen from earth."

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
My eyes started glazing over around page 4.

Did we ever figure out how much C14 we'd expect to see in dinosaur collagen that was a bazillion years old?

A lot?

A little?

None?

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Did we ever figure out how much C14 we'd expect to see in dinosaur collagen that was a bazillion years old?
According to JD's analogy there should be a "car on a bathroom scales" worth.

However, the evolutionists decided his ignorant analogy should get a pass.

Yes.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
So why are they afraid to test it?

Do you suppose they know there's more than "none" in there?

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So get the crack scientists at Liberty University to build a radiometric test lab and get those Nobels. Put your $ where your mouth is.

Are you determined to be a troll your entire life?

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
So why are they afraid to test it?

Do you suppose they know there's more than "none" in there?

Most would simply never consider it necessary (and it is expensive).

Carbon dating fossils is expensive, it's unnecessary, and it also destroys a perfectly good fossil.

Fossils are found in sedimentary rocks. Sedimentary layers cannot be directly dated because the sediment is comprised of preexisting, older minerals. However, other types of layers can be directly dated, such as volcanic ash beds. Using methods such as Potassium–argon dating, layers above and below the sedimentary layer in which a fossil is found can be dated. The age of the sedimentary layer in which fossils are found can then be estimated to be somewhere between the ages of the layers below and above it:

Last edited:

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Are you determined to be a troll your entire life?

I made a simple suggestion that would eliminate your whining about the lack of carbon dating of dinosaur bones. Sounds to me like a perfectly sensible way to resolve your complaint. Get a creation science lab set up to do the work, collect the fossils and publish. And you accuse me of trolling?

So it is expensive. Get the $ from some televangelist---they seem to be able to rake in the $. Or just add a few bucks to the tuition at Christian fundamentalist colleges. Hit up AiG for the dough.

Put your $ where your mouth is.