Rapid Adaptation

6days

Psalm 33:6 By the word of the LORD were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth.
7 He gathereth the waters of the sea together as an heap: he layeth up the depth in storehouses.
8 Let all the earth fear the LORD: let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him.
Yes..... and...
Ex. 20:11.. He Created everything in six days

Rom. 5:12 Death entered the world after sin.

Gen. 2:22 God made Eve from a rib.

Gen.1:3 God created light before He created the sun*

Gen. 7:22 ALL on dry land perished.

Gen. 1:9 Earth was water before dry land.

Mark 10:6 Adam and Eve from beginning of creation.

The list can go on..... evolutionists reject what God says

Alate_One

If you had been around 2000 years ago, you could have shouted that up to Jesus on the cross that His suffering and death was just a minor side effect of your sin.*
Twisting what I said into an emotional point isn't exactly having a rational argument.

God's Word allows us to get a glimpse of His nature, and perfection.

We see God desiring for us "no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever." Rev. 21:4
In an entirely different mode of existence.

--Yet evolutionists think God created through millions of years of death, sorrow, crying and pain....and that He thought this was "very good". Gen. 1:31
Now you're just repeating yourself since you apparently don't want to discuss the subject rationally.

In scripture we see a God who notices even when a sparrow dies. We see a God who paints this word picture of perfection..."In that day the wolf and the lamb will live together; the leopard will lie down with the baby goat. The calf and the yearling will be safe with the lion, and a little child will lead them all"
That passage is quite possibly symbolic rather than literal.

--Yet evolutionists watch a nature show of a mother Zebra helplessly watching her baby crying as the lion eats it alive....and think God calls this "very good".*
Because if the lion wasn't there the population of zebras would explode leading to more suffering due to starvation and illness. Plus predators remove individuals that are suffering to begin with and keep the populations of their prey fit and healthy. And when we talk about evolution we're talking about life and survival. If it was only death, nothing would be here. It is a creative process. Much as God used death and war to create the nation of Israel and thus the ancestors of Christ.

Trying to fit millions of years into scripture, causes you to believe that death came before sin....that pain and suffering existed before sin.... Trying to add millions of years into scripture causes you to have a low view of the nature of God, scripture, and ultimately a low view of the Gospel and the purpose of Christ's physical *death
In your opinion. Is it better for God to have caused death and suffering of animals because of one man eating the fruit he was told not to? How is that a higher view of the nature of God?

Or is it better and a clearer reading of scripture to say death is a necessary part of physical existence - at least for animals. Humans were called to a higher purpose but we failed.

At this point I think we have both stated our arguments. I don't think either view is a salvation issue. Would you agree to that at least?

6days

Watch how he answers that. :)

Typically, he will quote Genesis 1:24 and insist that means life originated from the dirt...that that phrase in that verse must be taken literally....but virtually everything else in Genesis 1 have to be taken allegorically

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Originally Posted by Lon View Post
verse...

The creationist revision of Genesis requires mornings and evenings without a Sun to have them.

The creationist revision of Genesis says life comes only from life, but God says it comes from the earth.

The creationist revision of Genesis says that the death God spoke up was a physical one, even though He told Adam that he would die the day he ate from the tree, but Adam lived on physically for many years thereafter.

6days

Alate_One said:
Twisting what I said into an emotional point isn't exactly having a rational argument.
Christ suffering physical death on the cross to pay the penalty of our sin is a Biblically rational argument....and an emotional point.

Alate_One said:
6days said:
God's Word allows us to get a glimpse of His nature, and perfection.

We see God desiring for us "no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever."*Rev. 21:4
In an entirely different mode of existence.
Hey...where you going with the goalposts. You said we don't know what perfect is like. I'm just showing from scripture that we do have some ideas what perfect. And we know the nature of God.

Alate_One said:
6days said:
--Yet evolutionists think God created through millions of years of death, sorrow, crying and pain....and that He thought this was "very good".*Gen. 1:31
Now you're just repeating yourself since you apparently don't want to discuss the subject rationally.
A rational discussion what involve you attempting to address the point. Do you believe that God used a process of death, pain and suffering to create everything...and called that process very good?

Alate_One said:
6days said:
In scripture we see a God who notices even when a sparrow dies. We see a God who paints this word picture of perfection..."In that day the wolf and the lamb will live together; the leopard will lie down with the baby goat. The calf and the yearling will be safe with the lion, and a little child will lead them all"
That passage is quite possibly symbolic rather than literal.
Quote possibly symbolic of perfection? And God would not create anything other than perfection.*

Alate_One said:
6days said:
--Yet evolutionists watch a nature show of a mother Zebra helplessly watching her baby crying as the lion eats it alive....and think God calls this "very good".
Because if the lion wasn't there the population of zebras would explode leading to more suffering due to starvation and illness.
SO in your view, Heaven may just be a continuation of death, pain and suffering of animals to prevent starvation and illness?

Alate_One said:
If it was only death, nothing would be here. It is a creative process.
Evolutionism like that is an outright rejection of scripture. God is the Creator....not death.

Alate_One said:
6days said:
Trying to fit millions of years into scripture, causes you to believe that death came before sin....that pain and suffering existed before sin.... Trying to add millions of years into scripture causes you to have a low view of the nature of God, scripture, and ultimately a low view of the Gospel and the purpose of Christ's physical death
In your opinion. Is it better for God to have caused death and suffering of animals because of one man eating the fruit he was told not to? How is that a higher view of the nature of God?
It is difficult for us to grasp how much God hates sin. He cursed creation..."all creation groans". You seem to imply that God is unjust that animals suffer because of our sin. Do you also think that God is unjust by sending his innocent Lamb of God to suffer and die because of our sin?

Last edited:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
SO in your view, Heaven may just be a continuation of death, pain and suffering of animals to prevent starvation and illness?

Why not just trust Him and accept that what has happened and what will happen is the best possible way to get to what He intends for us? Do you think He didn't know what would happen as a result of what He created?

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian suggests:
If Adam was perfect, there would have been no fall, would there?

6days writes:
Incorrect.

A perfect being would not defy God, would he? Only if God intended that to happen, would we call such a creature "perfect."

Alate_One

Hey...where you going with the goalposts. You said we don't know what perfect is like. I'm just showing from scripture that we do have some ideas what perfect. And we know the nature of God.
Why not create heaven in the first place where there's apparently little to no opportunity to sin. The problem is yours as well. I don't know and I'm quite sure you don't either.

A rational discussion what involve you attempting to address the point. Do you believe that God used a process of death, pain and suffering to create everything...and called that process very good?
I do believe evolution was used to create everything, however I wouldn't characterize it as "a process of death pain and suffering".

If you go out into nature today, take a walk in the forest or along the beach, do you see constant "death, pain and suffering"? Or do you see animals and plants living out their lives?
Evolution of the past is just like nature of today.

Do you not see beauty in nature? And if you understood ecology better you would see the balance between different species and that can be beautiful as well.

Quote possibly symbolic of perfection? And God would not create anything other than perfection.*
I don't know. Why create a world where the possibility of sin exists, then? Is that perfection? Have you considered that allowing "choice" in man may also allow "choice" in nature. Natural freedom = evolutionary change.

No, where would you get that idea? Heaven is spiritual, apparently a different mode of existence.

Evolutionism like that is an outright rejection of scripture. God is the Creator....not death.
Death doesn't create, it's the survival and reproduction of organism that "creates". Death isn't absolutely necessary for evolution to occur, only that some organisms reproduce more than others.

It is difficult for us to grasp how much God hates sin. He cursed creation..."all creation groans". You seem to imply that God is unjust that animals suffer because of our sin. Do you also think that God is unjust by sending his innocent Lamb of God to suffer and die because of our sin?
No. But if you say all of creation doesn't only groan but operates in a totally different (and bad) fashion in your opinion, it seems like collateral damage.

Humanity sinned and thus humanity should bear most of the burden. To then say God cursed all of creation into something bad seems like punishing someone that didn't have anything to do with a crime, and for no good reason. I think the willing sacrifice of an innocent to pay a penalty is just. An attack on something that has no sentience or involvement at all doesn't make any sense.

everready

Barbarian suggests:
If Adam was perfect, there would have been no fall, would there?

6days writes:

A perfect being would not defy God, would he? Only if God intended that to happen, would we call such a creature "perfect."

"A perfect being would not defy God, would he? "

Satan did.

everready

everready

Why not create heaven in the first place where there's apparently little to no opportunity to sin. The problem is yours as well. I don't know and I'm quite sure you don't either.

I do believe evolution was used to create everything, however I wouldn't characterize it as "a process of death pain and suffering".

If you go out into nature today, take a walk in the forest or along the beach, do you see constant "death, pain and suffering"? Or do you see animals and plants living out their lives?
Evolution of the past is just like nature of today.

Do you not see beauty in nature? And if you understood ecology better you would see the balance between different species and that can be beautiful as well.

I don't know. Why create a world where the possibility of sin exists, then? Is that perfection? Have you considered that allowing "choice" in man may also allow "choice" in nature. Natural freedom = evolutionary change.

No, where would you get that idea? Heaven is spiritual, apparently a different mode of existence.

Death doesn't create, it's the survival and reproduction of organism that "creates". Death isn't absolutely necessary for evolution to occur, only that some organisms reproduce more than others.

No. But if you say all of creation doesn't only groan but operates in a totally different (and bad) fashion in your opinion, it seems like collateral damage.

Humanity sinned and thus humanity should bear most of the burden. To then say God cursed all of creation into something bad seems like punishing someone that didn't have anything to do with a crime, and for no good reason. I think the willing sacrifice of an innocent to pay a penalty is just. An attack on something that has no sentience or involvement at all doesn't make any sense.

Says here sin entered the world, and death by sin.

Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

everready

6days

Barbarian said:
6days said:
Incorrect.
Adam was created for relationship...for love.*
Love involves choice...not programmed obedience.
Adam and Eve were created perfect.

*perfect being would not defy God, would he? Only if God intended that to happen, would we call such a creature "perfect."
Incorrect...again.

But you did create a 'perfect' strawman. *
I didn't say Adam was perfect.

I said Adam was created perfectly for a love relationship. Adam would have been created IMperfectly if he was programmed not sin. Love involves choice / free will.*

Speaking of programming though.... The ability of animals to adapt, sometimes very rapidly is evidence of our Programmer /our Creator.*

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian asks:
A perfect being would not defy God, would he?

Satan did.

You're assuming what you intended to prove. As you know, "perfect" is your modification of God's word.

It remains true that a perfect creature would not rebel against God.

Which, I suppose is why God didn't say that Adam and Satan were perfect.

everready

Barbarian asks:
A perfect being would not defy God, would he?

You're assuming what you intended to prove. As you know, "perfect" is your modification of God's word.

It remains true that a perfect creature would not rebel against God.

Which, I suppose is why God didn't say that Adam and Satan were perfect.

A description of Satan, can't modify this.

Ezekiel 28:13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.

14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.

15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

(15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.)

everready

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

His ways were perfect. His conduct was. But then, it was found that he wasn't perfect, after all. Iniquity was found in him.

You proved my point for me. Satan served as his God's accuser of sinful beings, until he got a bit overzealous and disagreed with God over whether any human was truly good. Hence Job. God intended Satan to learn from the experience, but he seems to have stubbornly resisted all the more as a result of it.

From that point on, Satan departed the path of perfection; a flaw was in him and he ultimately rebelled against God completely. As Jerimiah put it, rebellion against God; "non servium."

everready

His ways were perfect. His conduct was. But then, it was found that he wasn't perfect, after all. Iniquity was found in him.

You proved my point for me. Satan served as his God's accuser of sinful beings, until he got a bit overzealous and disagreed with God over whether any human was truly good. Hence Job. God intended Satan to learn from the experience, but he seems to have stubbornly resisted all the more as a result of it.

From that point on, Satan departed the path of perfection; a flaw was in him and he ultimately rebelled against God completely. As Jerimiah put it, rebellion against God; "non servium."

You said: a perfect creature wouldn't rebel against God.

God said: Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created

everready

BOLCATS

BANNED
Banned
Says here sin entered the world, and death by sin.

Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

everready

Death= separation from God.....not ceasing to have a heart beat.