RANSOM FOR MANY OR ALL ?

clefty

Isaiah 1:14 I hate your New Moons and your appointed feasts; they have become a burden to Me; I am weary of bearing them.
LOL...you twist scripture so bad you squeeze very sour cherry juice out of it...get it? Cuz you cherry pickin’ all da time...

But thanks so much for keeping it short...

I suddenly empathize with the Inquisitor who desiring to cease a heretic’s continued self damning heresies...lovingly dispatches the blasphemer to prevent him a greater penalty...

SO...

did you even read of their rebellion corruption and forsaking Him...their futile sacrifices...their new moons and Sabbaths were FULL of INIQUITY...is why He hated them...called them YOUR new moons and YOUR appointed feasts because well...just like you they MADE IT THEIR OWN...and no longer HIS new moons or His appointed feasts...YOUR everyday all day Sabbath is EXACTLY THAT...YOURS and NOT what HE lived taught or asked...

Revelation 21:23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

In the beginning how many days of the week did the original week have the sun or the moon? There were days and nights prior the sun and moon...thus the Creator timed the spinning of this planet within that initial cadence...and then He rested...made THAT day Holy...

Just because John writes the city HAD NO NEED of the sun or moon does NOT mean they were gone...

Sabbath the only commandment PRIOR the fall...because where I AM there is...

again thanks for keeping it short...

God's Truth

LOL...you twist scripture so bad you squeeze very sour cherry juice out of it...get it? Cuz you cherry pickin’ all da time...

But thanks so much for keeping it short...
No such thing as cherry picking scripture it's not a real defense just a thing for those losing a debate to say.

I suddenly empathize with the Inquisitor who desiring to cease a heretic’s continued self damning heresies...lovingly dispatches the blasphemer to prevent him a greater penalty...
I don't know what you are talking about.

SO...

did you even read of their rebellion corruption and forsaking Him...their futile sacrifices...their new moons and Sabbaths were FULL of INIQUITY...is why He hated them...called them YOUR new moons and YOUR appointed feasts because well...just like you they MADE IT THEIR OWN...and no longer HIS new moons or His appointed feasts...YOUR everyday all day Sabbath is EXACTLY THAT...YOURS and NOT what HE lived taught or asked...

The Sabbath was a shadow of Jesus.
In the beginning how many days of the week did the original week have the sun or the moon? There were days and nights prior the sun and moon...thus the Creator timed the spinning of this planet within that initial cadence...and then He rested...made THAT day Holy...

Just because John writes the city HAD NO NEED of the sun or moon does NOT mean they were gone...

Sabbath the only commandment PRIOR the fall...because where I AM there is...
No need for a moon but you still want to claim Sabbath days will be needed?

again thanks for keeping it short...

You write long and and thank me for keeping it short?

clefty

No such thing as cherry picking scripture
sure there is and denial is not a good defense for what you constantly do

it's not a real defense
see? so there is such a thing...just not a real defense

just a thing for those losing a debate to say.
let the readers decide...if there be any lol

I don't know what you are talking about.
I have attempted to be courteous to respond to you line by line and NOT ignore you...as I feel you are sincere and earnest and it gives me practice to argue my point and learn patience and long suffering (so thank you for that)

nor have I censured you...which I can’t...hence I joked I emphathize with the ones who historically did have power to censure and then rationalize a just reason for doing so...

The Sabbath was a shadow of Jesus.
Paul writes these “ARE a shadow of better things to come”...so not only do you pick the same cherry over and over again...but now it is quite sour and no longer edible as you destroyed it by your mishandling...

Paul could have written what you constantly insist as the Greek language does indeed have PAST tense...He easily could have written Sabbath WAS a shadow...but DID NOT as it remains binding...

is why he kept it and instructed gentiles crowding synagogues eager to hear more to come back NEXT SABBATH and NOT the next day or mid week and certainly not YOUR Sabbath of every day all day...

BTW...even in Hebrews 10:1 the author maintains “the Law having a shadow”...PRESENT TENSE and not past tense i.e. the Law having HAD a shadow...

P.P.S.and also Heb 9:11 ‘Christ came as High Priest of the good things to come”...administering the still binding Law

No need for a moon but you still want to claim Sabbath days will be needed?
Sabbath not needed? But certainly WANTED...as with those that WANT to obey...as it was given even PRIOR the fall...it is His Sabbath...His way...

He blessed and sanctified the seventh day and rested = a Sabbath day

Now think carefully...

the seventh day from what? The sun and moon on the fourth day? Or the seventh day from when in the beginning the count began.

So not even the first Sabbath was dependant on a sun or moon but a divine count...

Not even man worked six days prior the first Sabbath...Adam’s first full day in his covenant was a day of rest a Sabbath...just like with our New Covenant He taught and modelled... the first full day in it was Him laying at rest in the tomb...

Hal e lu Yah

You write long and and thank me for keeping it short?

God's Truth

sure there is and denial is not a good defense for what you constantly do
No way never ever.

see? so there is such a thing...just not a real defense

let the readers decide...if there be any lol

Yeah I think about that sometimes if anyone is reading and learning. I believe you are being convicted though about the false things you teach because of the truth that I say here.
You can never ever go before God and say I never heard of that I didn't know.
I have attempted to be courteous to respond to you line by line and NOT ignore you...as I feel you are sincere and earnest and it gives me practice to argue my point and learn patience and long suffering (so thank you for that)

Thank you very much and same to you. What you said to me made me very glad and makes up greatly for the hurt you caused me not too long ago. I do give everything you say great care and consideration.
nor have I censured you...which I can’t...hence I joked I emphathize with the ones who historically did have power to censure and then rationalize a just reason for doing so...
I do want to say to you that I am glad for your kinder approach to me and so glad to come every day here to talk with you.
Paul writes these “ARE a shadow of better things to come”...

Right, Paul was talking about being in the shadow and the better things to come is about when Jesus came.

so not only do you pick the same cherry over and over again...but now it is quite sour and no longer edible as you destroyed it by your mishandling...
Here is something you should come to understand and stop doing is stop saying cherry picking to scriptures. You can't put any scripture aside and dismissing a scripture by calling it a sour cherry is just wrong.
Paul could have written what you constantly insist as the Greek language does indeed have PAST tense...He easily could have written Sabbath WAS a shadow...but DID NOT as it remains binding...
Paul is talking about those under the law and the changes which happened when Jesus came.

is why he kept it and instructed gentiles crowding synagogues eager to hear more to come back NEXT SABBATH and NOT the next day or mid week and certainly not YOUR Sabbath of every day all day...

BTW...even in Hebrews 10:1 the author maintains “the Law having a shadow”...PRESENT TENSE and not past tense i.e. the Law having HAD a shadow...

P.P.S.and also Heb 9:11 ‘Christ came as High Priest of the good things to come”...administering the still binding Law

Sabbath not needed? But certainly WANTED...as with those that WANT to obey...as it was given even PRIOR the fall...it is His Sabbath...His way...

He blessed and sanctified the seventh day and rested = a Sabbath day

Now think carefully...

the seventh day from what? The sun and moon on the fourth day? Or the seventh day from when in the beginning the count began.

So not even the first Sabbath was dependant on a sun or moon but a divine count...

Not even man worked six days prior the first Sabbath...Adam’s first full day in his covenant was a day of rest a Sabbath...just like with our New Covenant He taught and modelled... the first full day in it was Him laying at rest in the tomb...

Hal e lu Yah

Don't you know that what is spiritual is not about days and earthly things?

clefty

No way never ever.
for two consecutive posts now you demonstrate exactly what you think you counter...

Yeah I think about that sometimes if anyone is reading and learning. I believe you are being convicted though about the false things you teach because of the truth that I say here.
You can never ever go before God and say I never heard of that I didn't know.
I have heard a lot that is true...He even more...

Your postings are earnest and sincere...but I am not convinced when I compare them to scripture...ALL SCRIPTURE is Yah breathed and useful...funny how when that was written it was referring to the OT as the NT had not even been written yet...

Thank you very much and same to you. What you said to me made me very glad and makes up greatly for the hurt you caused me not too long ago. I do give everything you say great care and consideration.

I do want to say to you that I am glad for your kinder approach to me and so glad to come every day here to talk with you.

Right, Paul was talking about being in the shadow and the better things to come is about when Jesus came.
Yahushua HAD ALREADY COME AND GONE...by the time Paul wrote this...in fact he even wrote most of his writings before the gospels Matt Mark Luke John were written...

SO: Paul was speaking of the good things STILL to come...heaven and earth have NOT passed away thus good things are STILL coming...oh and no jot or tittle has been altered...

When Paul wrote this Yahushua WAS come already...AND these ”which ARE a shadow of good things to come”...still to come...get it?

Stop making good things...plural...a singular person...He was NOT just a thing certainly not a plurality...and had already come and gone...

Here is something you should come to understand and stop doing is stop saying cherry picking to scriptures. You can't put any scripture aside and dismissing a scripture by calling it a sour cherry is just wrong.
you keep perseverating on and on about that one text and do so in error as Paul wrote “which ARE” and NOT “which was”...this latter interpretation of the text is not even a useable cherry...

Paul is talking about those under the law and the changes which happened when Jesus came.

NO! NOT AT ALL!!

He was writing a group of believing gentiles who WERE KEEPING this shadow...and encouraging them not to let others judge them for doing so...”Therefore let no one judge you...but the body of Christ”

Why would gentiles keep New Moons if they had their own calendar?...

Is why fellow not believing gentiles would judge...”Hey that’s not ours!”

Jews who did not believe would also judge believing gentiles for doing so “Hey that’s not YOURS!”

But the body of Christ which consisted of believers ONLY...

oh and both jews and gentiles (remember? the wall separating jew and gentile was in Him destroyed...No distinction between them as Peter said...Fellow citizen of Israel as Paul confirmed) only they were to judge them their keeping it...

Don't you know that what is spiritual is not about days and earthly things?
not only was creation made for us in the flesh...but even the Word became flesh...clean pure and holy...and it is the learning and application of this that allows us who are born of the flesh to become reborn spiritually...clean pure and holy

Your any day every day all day observations of Jesus miss this...FOLLOW ME...even to the cross...Him His WAY no compromises

Hawkins

God knows exactly who will be saved in the end. However "God knows" is not a legitimacy. If it is then God can well save those to be saved without a judgment, and thus without Jesus' self sacrifice. God knows is one thing, being judged by an open standard such as Law or covenants is another thing. "Ransom" is for the latter as it's part of legitimate process, that is, to put it another way the "ransom" is not paid in accordance to what "God knows", it's paid for what legitimacy needs.

When we throw a coin with head and tail for 10 times, the mathematical expected outcome is 5 heads and 5 tails. However there's a mathematical probability that it turns out to be all heads. Similarly the expected outcome of salvation is a "narrow gate" (say, less than 1/3 humans). However in the legitimate sense, there's still a chance that 100% saved in the mathematical formula. Thus, "ransom" shall be prepared for all as "all" stands for a possibility though the expected outcome is a "narrow gate" (which God knows not only what outcome should be expected but also exactly this outcome will be).

The ransom is thus paid for all as Law demands in order to cover all possibilities, though God knows exactly how many will be saved in the end. This means Law works independently even when God makes mistakes (say He failed to forecast correctly), though we all know that God makes no mistake.

thborn

What does "believe in Christ" mean?

Romans 10:9 If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Grace comes first, I think. I am trying to be loyal to Scripture. I hear different things from Calvinists, and from Dispensationalists, and I am not sure...I see how they read Scripture differently. I think many of such folks are saved. I don't demand to have every answer...just as much as God wants me to know... I want to serve God. What do you think is essential?

Right Divider

Body part
Romans 10:9 If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Grace comes first, I think. I am trying to be loyal to Scripture. I hear different things from Calvinists, and from Dispensationalists, and I am not sure...I see how they read Scripture differently. I think many of such folks are saved. I don't demand to have every answer...just as much as God wants me to know... I want to serve God. What do you think is essential?

Trusting Christ for His death for my sins and His resurrection for my Life.

God's Truth

You can make vague statements all that you like. It proves nothing.

They are not vague arguments, it is scripture.

And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

Colossians 2:16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. 17 These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.

Hebrews 8:5 They serve at a sanctuary that is a copy and shadow of what is in heaven. This is why Moses was warned when he was about to build the tabernacle: “See to it that you make everything according to the pattern shown you on the mountain.”

Hebrews 10:1 [ Christ’s Sacrifice Once for All ] The law is only a shadow of the good things that are coming—not the realities themselves. For this reason it can never, by the same sacrifices repeated endlessly year after year, make perfect those who draw near to worship.

James 1:17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.