Randy Brown and Brian Rohrbough Expose Columbine Pt. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hey CabinetMaker,
Can you find it in your heart to forgive Harris & Klebold, even though they are dead?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Granite said:
though I'm not sure even better parenting would have necessarily prevented Columbine.
Ya think??? :think:

So..... were they born that way???

Was it fate?

What are you saying?

koban

Shimei said:
Hey CabinetMaker,
Can you find it in your heart to forgive Harris & Klebold, even though they are dead?

I gotta run, but chew on this:

Does God forgive us through Christ, even though we are dead in our sins before salvation?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Knight said:
Ya think??? :think:

So..... were they born that way???

Was it fate?

What are you saying?

I tend to think most psychopaths are born as they are. These guys were two ticking time bombs, as it were. If it wasn't Columbine they would have had another outburst of violence sooner or later.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Shimei said:
Hey CabinetMaker,

To what end? It is the forgiveness of the families they wronged and the forgiveness of Christ that they needed before they died. They made a choice and died guilty.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
koban said:
I gotta run, but chew on this:

Does God forgive us through Christ, even though we are dead in our sins before salvation?

Christ died for all people. He desires that everyone repents. Those who choose to repent obtain salvation and join the Body of Christ. Members of the Body are no longer under the law and their sins are forgiven.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Granite said:
I tend to think most psychopaths are born as they are. These guys were two ticking time bombs, as it were. If it wasn't Columbine they would have had another outburst of violence sooner or later.
Wow!

That's amazing.

What an incredible coincidence that two "ticking time bombs" ended up best friends.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
CabinetMaker said:
To what end? It is the forgiveness of the families they wronged and the forgiveness of Christ that they needed before they died. They made a choice and died guilty.

Good, just checking.

There were 15 crosses erected on rebel hill. On the crosses for Klebold and Harris some people wrote "We forgive you." That is sick and wrong, agreed?

Those two crosses were removed and destroyed.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Knight said:
Wow!

That's amazing.

What an incredible coincidence that two "ticking time bombs" ended up best friends.

I don't think it's "coincidence" so much as it was two like-minded individuals who recognized the same twisted tastes and interests. Not the first time two nutcases teamed up, unfortunately. With the Columbine tragedy people can play the blame game till they're blue in the face. Nothing changes that the killers are the one who are the ones who should be--but considering they robbed us of the satisfaction of a trial we need to find someone else to kick around.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Knight said:
I don't know.

I never asserted that we should all go and offer their families forgiveness. Cabinet Maker is the one who has made the assertion. I asked him the same question you just asked me and he didn't respond.

See post #65. I did respond. I don't know what sins they need us to forgive them for. Maybe none.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
CabinetMaker said:
See post #65. I did respond. I don't know what sins they need us to forgive them for. Maybe none.
In post #65 you stated:
CabinetMaker said:
Colossians 3:12-15 (New International Version)
New International Version (NIV)

12Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. 13Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. 14And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.

15Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.

I do not know what sins they are guilty of. The plank in my eye obstructs my vision. I am asking if these families deserve compasion because they not only lost beloved childred as 12 other families did (plus the family of one adult), they also lost all hope of ever seeing them again. As God's chosen, what is our duty?
Yet in post #2 you stated that we should FORGIVE them.
CabinetMaker said:
Jesus has already died so that any sins the Harris and Kleebold families might be forgiven. If Chirst is willing to forgive them should we also be willing to firgive as well?
Therefore...

If you don't even know if they have a reason to be forgiven, why on earth would you call for the parents of the victims to forgive them?

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Knight said:
In post #65 you stated:Yet in post #2 you stated that we should FORGIVE them.Therefore...

If you don't even know if they have a reason to be forgiven, why on earth would you call for the parents of the victims to forgive them?

What should we do for them? What should we do for any family that has children who turn out evil? Does it depend on how evel they are. I think Granite said it best. We are so angry at being robbed of the oportunity to seek vengence on the killers that we are glad to have a somebody to kick around.

Your church, rather proudly, cut down the two crosses. Good for you! It is right for us to not honor evil! What did your church do for the familes?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
CabinetMaker said:
We are so angry at being robbed of the oportunity to seek vengence on the killers that we are glad to have a somebody to kick around.
Who is kicking them around?

You have done nothing but assert baseless accusations.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Knight said:
Who is kicking them around?

You have done nothing but assert baseless accusations.

I have done nothing but ask if two families were ever extended a hand of compassion after a tragedy destroyed their lives. 13 families received a tremendous out puring of love and compassion and help. Two families received nothing but scorn and ridicule.

I have asked if anybody can understand the loss of hope these two families have suffered. Almost nobody in this thread can see past the deeds of the children to even wonder if it 15 families that were victimized that day.

Columbine is done and over. I seem to recall a news story a while ago that the Harris' got a divorce. Any chance we had of helping those familes has long sense passed.

The point behind these questions is what about next time. The system failed to stop the killers and we failed the system. What have we learned?

Apparently nothing.

I weep for Christs' church.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
CabinetMaker said:
I have done nothing but ask if two families were ever extended a hand of compassion after a tragedy destroyed their lives. 13 families received a tremendous out puring of love and compassion and help. Two families received nothing but scorn and ridicule.
By who? Where?

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Knight said:
By who? Where?

You have not answered my questioin about your church in post #94.

The news stories of the time were highly critical of the two families. There were no calls to set up any funds to help two of the families. There were two families that were sued.

Again, Columbine is over and done. What are we doing different to prevent a next time? What should Christians do for families who have children who turn out evIl? Are our lives showing the wolrd the light of Christ that shines within us or do we bury that light because we can't see past a sin?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
CabinetMaker said:
The news stories of the time were highly critical of the two families.
They were? That isn't my recollection. Furthermore, even if the media was harsh on the Harris and Klebold families since when does the media represent Christianity?

Isn't the bottom line simply that you are a self righteous person who is trying to make himself feel better by insinuating all this nonsense?

Again, Columbine is over and done. What are we doing different to prevent a next time? What should Christians do for families who have children who turn out evel? Are our lives showing the wolrd the light of Christ that shines within us or do we bury that light because we can't see past a sin?
:hammer:

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Knight said:
They were? That isn't my recollection. Furthermore, even if the media was harsh on the Harris and Klebold families since when does the media represent Christianity?

Isn't the bottom line simply that you are a self righteous person who is trying to make himself feel better by insinuating all this nonsense?

:hammer:

Point blank Mr. knight.

1) Did the Harris and Kleedold families suffer after the Columbine?

2) Do we as Christians have any responsibility to show Gods' love to people, whether beliveres or not, when hey are suffering?

3) Your church made sure that evil was not honored by cutting down the crosses. That is in keeping with Gods' commandments. What did you and your church do to reach out to the 15 families who were devestated by tht day?

Status
Not open for further replies.