Randy Brown and Brian Rohrbough Expose Columbine Pt. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
CabinetMaker said:
The start of this thread was the failures of the system that lead to the tragedy. So yes, they were victims.
"There is nothing that anyone could have done to prevent this. No one is to blame except me and Vodka." - Eric Harris.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Knight said:
If they are seeking forgiveness and are repentant then they should receive forgiveness.

God does not forgive unconditionally, nor does He expect that we do.

Do you know the condition that God requires for forgiveness?

Repent of our sins and accept Christ as your lord and Savior. Of what sins are the Harris and Kleebold families guilty? Let us assume for the sake of argument that they have repented of being "bad parents" and God has forgiven them. What should our response to those families now be?

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Knight said:
"There is nothing that anyone could have done to prevent this. No one is to blame except me and Vodka." - Eric Harris.

Probably no truer words have been said. But does that mean there is nothing we can learn from this so that there will not be a next time? Would Eric have said those words if one person had done something different at any point leading up to that day?

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Knight said:
I don't know... it's you that keeps insisting that we should offer them forgiveness!!! You tell us.

Colossians 3:12-15 (New International Version)
New International Version (NIV)

12Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. 13Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. 14And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.

15Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.

I do not know what sins they are guilty of. The plank in my eye obstructs my vision. I am asking if these families deserve compasion because they not only lost beloved childred as 12 other families did (plus the family of one adult), they also lost all hope of ever seeing them again. As God's chosen, what is our duty?

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
CabinetMaker said:
The plank in my eye obstructs my vision.

Matthew 7:5
Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

John 7:24
Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment.”

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Shimei said:
Matthew 7:5
Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

This is not about judjing anybody. God will judge. The question is simple, do we show Gods love and compassion to the family of a person who was evil? Why or why not.

BTY Thanks for the reference to Matt 7:5.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
CabinetMaker said:
Would Eric have said those words if one person had done something different at any point leading up to that day?

I seriously doubt it.

"the Nazis came up with a 'final solution' to the Jewish problem: kill them all. Well in case you haven't figured it out yet, I say 'Kill mankind.' No one should survive." ~ Eric Harris

On the killing of Christ: "Go Romans!" "Go Romans!!" ~ Eric and Dylan

koban

CabinetMaker said:
This is not about judjing anybody. God will judge. The question is simple, do we show Gods love and compassion to the family of a person who was evil? Why or why not.

BTY Thanks for the reference to Matt 7:5.

Yep

koban

Shimei said:
I seriously doubt it.

"the Nazis came up with a 'final solution' to the Jewish problem: kill them all. Well in case you haven't figured it out yet, I say 'Kill mankind.' No one should survive." ~ Eric Harris

It's a shame they didn't start with each other.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Shimei said:
I seriously doubt it.

By the time they were high school, I doubt it to. But then, we will never know if anybody even tried. Is the Holy Spirit capable of changin a life? There must be some hope because we have very active prision ministries.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
CabinetMaker said:
This is not about judjing anybody. God will judge.

1 Corinthians 6:
2 Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world will be judged by you, are you unworthy to judge the smallest matters?

CabinetMaker said:
The question is simple, do we show Gods love and compassion to the family of a person who was evil? Why or why not.

How many times does it need to be said? If they REPENT! We should try and lead them to Christ is we are able to contact them. They need to know that they are sinners in need of a Savior.

Do you know anything about the Harris & Klebold families? Have they made any public statements? Are they in hiding? Do you know something about them that we don’t know?

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
CabinetMaker said:
By the time they were high school, I doubt it to. But then, we will never know if anybody even tried.

It is the past. Nothing you can do about it now. They died unrepentant murderers.

CabinetMaker said:
Is the Holy Spirit capable of changin a life?

Of course! And we should rejoice when that happens.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Shimei said:

1 Corinthians 6:
2 Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world will be judged by you, are you unworthy to judge the smallest matters?

How many times does it need to be said? If they REPENT! We should try and lead them to Christ is we are able to contact them. They need to know that they are sinners in need of a Savior.

Do you know anything about the Harris & Klebold families? Have they made any public statements? Are they in hiding? Do you know something about them that we don’t know?

Repent of what Shimei? Did you get the plank out of your eye so that you can clearly see what they are guilty of? Regardless, doesn't God want us to go to them and offer them God's love and forgiveness?

Sadly, I don't know where the Harris' and Kleebolds' are today. Probaly dirven unerground by people (including Christians) who believe these two families are not worth $#@&. Christ thought they were worth dieing for.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Shimei said:
It is the past. Nothing you can do about it now. They died unrepentant murderers.

My point exactly! This is not now and has never been about two unrepentant murders. It is about the brothers and sisters and mothers and fathers who loved those to murderers when they were children and must now live with the fact that they are murderers. Oh how their hearts must ache! There is nothing they can do to ever make it up to the families of those that were murdered. Is your heart so full of hate for the acts of the children that you can't feel empathy for a mother?

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
CabinetMaker said:
Repent of what Shimei? Did you get the plank out of your eye so that you can clearly see what they are guilty of? Regardless, doesn't God want us to go to them and offer them God's love and forgiveness?

Sadly, I don't know where the Harris' and Kleebolds' are today. Probaly dirven unerground by people (including Christians) who believe these two families are not worth $#@&. Christ thought they were worth dieing for.

:hammer:

Granite

Hall of Fame
Knight said:

If this is true, what do the parents of the killers have to repent for? Assuming that you believe what this sociopath said.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Granite said:
If this is true, what do the parents of the killers have to repent for? Assuming that you believe what this sociopath said.
I don't know.

I never asserted that we should all go and offer their families forgiveness. Cabinet Maker is the one who has made the assertion. I asked him the same question you just asked me and he didn't respond.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
From post #2....
CabinetMaker said:
Jesus has already died so that any sins the Harris and Kleebold families might be forgiven. If Chirst is willing to forgive them should we also be willing to firgive as well?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Knight said:
I don't know.

I never asserted that we should all go and offer their families forgiveness. Cabinet Maker is the one who has made the assertion. I asked him the same question you just asked me and he didn't respond.

That's what I thought, just wanted to clarify.

The Harris and Klebold families have been through their own personal hell; their sons were murderers and their sons are dead. They clearly were not the best parents in the world, though I'm not sure even better parenting would have necessarily prevented Columbine. Maybe Harris was right: maybe nothing will stop a psychopath dead set on killing people.

Status
Not open for further replies.