Random thoughts thread for pretty much anything

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
hatersgonnahate_zpsb7c10dc8.jpg~original

Breathe

Today I was driving my dad to the mall. The car was quiet, no radio or conversation, and I noticed this…noise. An odd, mechanical noise that was unfamiliar to me. Now, my dad has a defibrillator and pace maker, so I entertained the thought (momentarily), that I was hearing it run - which alarmed me, because it can't be good if you can hear something like that running. After a couple of minutes, I had convinced myself that either there was a bomb with a ticking timer in my car - or my dad's heart assistance was fixing to go on the fritz. But just to be on the safe side, I picked up his hand, and held it to my ear.

The sound I heard was the ticking of his watch's second hand.

Needless to say, it no longer concerns me that my rock concert laden youth is going to make me deaf. :D

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Today I was driving my dad to the mall. The car was quiet, no radio or conversation, and I noticed this…noise. An odd, mechanical noise that was unfamiliar to me. Now, my dad has a defibrillator and pace maker, so I entertained the thought (momentarily), that I was hearing it run - which alarmed me, because it can't be good if you can hear something like that running. After a couple of minutes, I had convinced myself that either there was a bomb with a ticking timer in my car - or my dad's heart assistance was fixing to go on the fritz. But just to be on the safe side, I picked up his hand, and held it to my ear.

The sound I heard was the ticking of his watch's second hand.

Needless to say, it no longer concerns me that my rock concert laden youth is going to make me deaf. :D

lol no joke you have some excellent hearing!

staind.raindrop

:cigar:

Do I have smoke in my eye? :sherlock:

:think:

Do stupid questions exist? :liberals:

:doh:

Was that a stupid question? :dunce:

staind.raindrop

My 8 year old autistic daughter and I were being silly yesterday, taking turns guessing what the other's sound effects were and as I ran out of ideas, I resorted to clicking my tongue. Instead of saying, 'Idk, what is that?' like I expected, she used her limited vocabulary to give it the silliest name I've ever heard, declaring 'It's a lick snap!' I rolled.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
i chopped up apple bits and pear bits and mixed them together to bring into school today

delicious! :chew:

except they won't let me eat them in the computer lab :(

rstrats

I wonder how many prayers in the world are being said at any given moment and how the hearer of these prayers can keep them all separated?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Hooray :third: I just invented something...I read someone talking about sex....and they said imo

What about iGo? or perhaps iGho? iGv?

yuss, I need to go to bed.