Radical Whites

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Radical White groups have been marching in protest of the destruction of national heritage sites. They want to preserve the history of the white race. The Anti-Hate groups have been attacking heritage sites and the white protesters. The Anti-Hate groups want to eradicate from history people such as Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, for having Black servants; also any other person or things associated with the Confederacy.
President Trump was condemned for not immediately condemning the marchers who want to preserve White History.

News flash: White people are here to stay. Don't worry about history, there is more important things in life.
For Washington and Jefferson, the "black servants" were "black slaves" - there is a difference!

Many of the Confederate statutes were erected during the "Jim Crow" era as an act of defiance directed toward the North and to send a message that Southern "whites" were back in power!

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I said I don't care.
No, you said "What I write and your interpretation of that clash."

I agreed and pointed out, again and by number, particulars in our disagreement. Points I don't believe you can reasonably defend your part in which I advanced as fact and argument...and apparently you can't given your above.

Well, have a good time blogging then. :thumb:

CherubRam

For Washington and Jefferson, the "black servants" were "black slaves" - there is a difference!

Many of the Confederate statutes were erected during the "Jim Crow" era as an act of defiance directed toward the North and to send a message that Southern "whites" were back in power!

Thanks for your reply.

CherubRam

No, you said "What I write and your interpretation of that clash."

I agreed and pointed out, again and by number, particulars in our disagreement. Points I don't believe you can reasonably defend your part in which I advanced as fact and argument...and apparently you can't given your above.

Well, have a good time blogging then. :thumb:

See post #7.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Democrats plan to introduce legislation after Congress reconvenes next month calling for the removal of statues of Confederate soldiers and politicians.
That's general enough. :)

You talking about removing Confederate monuments on the capitol grounds? I think that's a great idea. Why should we commemorate traitors within the capitol of the Union they strove to fragment?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
You don't say... more importantly, you don't answer. So here are a few points. Which do you differ with and why?

1. What you call national heritage sites are monuments to people who fought to preserve and expand a slave state.

2. One problem with honoring melanin content is the horrible examples within that Venn diagram,as I noted. But while those statues are a memorial to people who held the errant belief of racial superiority (aka, racism) it was a bit more particularly aimed than you note (see: the Civil War).

3. We have testimonials of clergy members and others of the violent nature of the alt right approach in Charlottesville. We know that the "peaceful" group that the president said held some fine people was marching with torches the night before chanting "You will not replace us!" "Whose streets? OUR streets" and "One people, one nation, end immigration!" Chants that underscore who that crowd mean to exclude, what their larger purpose is and what they are in support of...

4. Still waiting for you or anyone to start producing quotes about removing Washington and Jefferson that aren't from people on the right. It's an easy suggestion to answer if you find someone or something like a real movement. I'm happy to help.

5. Did anyone forget the Nazis when Germans pulled down edifices that glorified that sad chapter in their national lives? I understand that a lot of the people alarmed by removing the statutes likely aren't avid readers, but the notion that removing a statue erases a thing from history doesn't appear to be the case, does it?

:e4e:

You must be the most unracist person to ever live. You're such a great man. You wouldn't be caught dead living in a black or slightly black neighborhood.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You must be the most unracist person to ever live.
It's funny, but in one class we had a test given online that measures your comfort level with black and white people. I literally didn't register an uncomfortable erg. It began with a series of tests, but that was a ruse. The real test was reflexive, where you respond to images and shifting registers of value. I was happy with the results, but a little surprised. I don't think anyone is completely free of the taint of their culture, but I'll take it.

I grew up being taken care of by two of the best people I've ever known. Junior kept our grounds and Bell, his wife, was my nanny. Once I came home from a first week at school using an unfamiliar word, using it to scorn my older brother, because the word had seemed to light a fire under friends who met it. Bell heard me use it and I saw something in her eyes that educated me before I knew exactly what I'd done. I loved that woman.

I don't give a tinker's damn what you make of that, PJ. Or how or why you judge me on the point.

You're such a great man.
No, just a very lucky one. I'd wish it on anyone.

You wouldn't be caught dead living in a black or slightly black neighborhood
I spent nearly all of my legal career and most of any given day working for and among the poorest black people you'll never meet. It's okay to be ignorant, PJ, but only if you don't let it rule you and you mean to cure it.