R.I.P.: Jack Bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.

fzappa13

I didn't know till just a few weeks ago that he had written my favorite Mountain song ... Theme for an Imaginary Western. You know you're getting old when your musical influences start dieing off.

Granite

Hall of Fame
One of the greatest of all time. And here I always figured that Ginger would be the first member of Cream to go...

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jack Bruce>Cream was a major listen in the late 60's and early 70's for me.

I remember swimming in the Ionian Sea, off the east coast of Sicily and listening to 'Tales of Brave Ulysses' at the very place which bears the legend of the Cyclops.....Acitrezza.

"tiny purple fishes run laughing through your fingers........"

One of the greatest of all time. And here I always figured that Ginger would be the first member of Cream to go...
Yes, I did too, if you don't count Felix Pappalardi.

I was working for Capital Records in LA when some electronics engineers were cleaning up their work area. They told me I could have my pick of the records in the closet. The first album I picked was West, Bruce & Laing's "Whatever Turns You On". That started me on a lifelong collection of the music of Leslie West, Jack Bruce, and later, Robin Trower who played with Bruce on a couple of albums. I think I have all Cream's albums and Mountain's. I probably have ten or more albums of Trower's too. The music of all three bands was great through studio quality headphones. I'm surprised my hearing is still good.

The second album I picked from the closet was Free's "Heartbreaker". That further fueled my OCD.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I remember swimming in the Ionian Sea, off the east coast of Sicily and listening to 'Tales of Brave Ulysses' at the very place which bears the legend of the Cyclops.....Acitrezza.

I once listened to Cream in a white room that had black curtains.

Your Sicily story is much better than mine.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I once listened to Cream in a white room that had black curtains.

Your Sicily story is much better than mine.

That's interesting because I remember the train station in Catania had white rooms and black curtains. Whenever I hear 'Whiteroom', I think of that train station.

Status
Not open for further replies.