Quotations of the day

FineLinen

“God cannot hear the prayers on our lips often because the desires of our heart after the world cry out to Him much more strongly and loudly than our desires for Him.” - Andrew Murray

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
Lovely Lady Dressed in Blue

Lovely Lady dressed in blue -------
Teach me how to pray!
God was just your little boy,
Tell me what to say!

Did you lift Him up, sometimes,
Gently on your knee?
Did you sing to Him the way
Mother does to me?

Did you hold His hand at night?
Did you ever try
Telling stories of the world?
O! And did He cry?

Do you really think He cares
If I tell Him things -------
Little things that happen? And
Do the Angels' wings

Make a noise? And can He hear
Me if I speak low?
Does He understand me now?
Tell me -------for you know.

Lovely Lady dressed in blue -------
Teach me how to pray!
God was just your little boy,
And you know the way.

Mary Dixon Thayer who wrote more than one poem for Our Lady, is the author.
This prayer-poem was popularized in the 1950s by Archbishop Fulton Sheen.

SVQeKp.jpg

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
“God, Who made the sun, also made the moon. The moon does not take away from the brilliance of the sun. The moon would be only a burnt-out cinder floating in the immensity of space, were it not for the sun. All its light is reflected from the sun. The Blessed Mother reflects her Divine Son; without Him, she is nothing. With Him, she is the Mother of Men. On dark nights we are grateful for the moon; when we see it shining, we know there must be a sun. So in this dark night of the world when men turn their backs on Him Who is the Light of the World, we look to Mary to guide their feet while we await the sunrise.”

- Archbishop Fulton Sheen

FineLinen

You are a piece of work — God’s work. When Paul says that you are God’s “workmanship,” don’t think of your clunky seventh grade shop class project. Think of The Odyssey, Beowulf, The Divine Comedy, Paradise Lost, or The Faerie Queen — great works of epic poetry. The Greek word Paul chose for this sentence is “poiema,” and what he had in mind is a work of masterful creativity. You can already tell that this is where we get our English word “poem.” Paul selected this word carefully. -Jon Bloom

FineLinen

"The moment we get tired in the waiting, God’s Spirit is right alongside helping us along. If we don’t know how or what to pray, it doesn’t matter. He does our praying in and for us, making prayer out of our wordless sighs, our aching groans. He knows us far better than we know ourselves, knows our pregnant condition, and keeps us present before God. That’s why we can be so sure that every detail in our lives of love for God is worked into something good." -MSG

FineLinen

"There is very great need to have the unique aspect of spirit in man and its relation to the divine spirit in the universe freshly interpreted in a world that has become bogged down with material conceptions of life and the world. There is very great need of a more vital grasp of the unique Person at the headwaters of our faith linked up with the real Presence of the inward Christ who is the Life of our lives"​

1609870116150.png

FineLinen

"We are totally helpless to come to a knowledge of the truth and of the scriptures except as God reveals it to us by His Spirit. He speaks from the realm of the Spirit, into the realm of the earthly and the carnal. He speaks from the realm of eternity, into the realm of the finite. here is no linguist on earth today, nor has there been in any other day, that can bridge that gulf." George Warnock-

FineLinen

"We all must die and are like water spilled on the ground that cannot be gathered up again

BUT

the Lord does not take away life

instead

He devises ways for the banished to be restored."

FineLinen

Jan. 6 2021

I am able to do much more than you can ask or imagine. Come to Me with a positive expectation, knowing that there is no limit to what I can do. Ask My spirit to control your mind so that you can think wonderful / great things about Me. Don't be disheartened by the fact that much of your prayers have not yet been answered. Time is a teacher who teaches you to wait for Me, to trust Me in darkness. The more extreme your circumstances, the more likely you are to see My Power and Glory in action in the situation. Instead of letting the hardships drag you into anxiety, try to see how they themselves prepare the stage for My glorious intervention. Keep your eyes and mind wide open to everything I do in your life. He can do unparalleledly more than we ask or think. -Sarah Young (Jesus Calling)

1609974015551.png

Last edited: