Quotations of the day

FineLinen

"I have never known more than fifteen minutes of anxiety or fear. Whenever I feel fearful emotions overtaking me, I just close my eyes and thank God that He is still on the throne reigning over everything and I take comfort in His control over the affairs of my life." -John Wesley-

"Whoever will reign with Christ in heaven, must have Christ reigning in him on earth" -John Wesley-

FineLinen

"If ever I want to amuse myself with an idiot, I have not far to look for one. I laugh at myself." -Frederic Farrar-

FineLinen

"Earth's crammed with heaven, And every common bush afire with God: But only he who sees takes off his shoes." -Elizabeth Barrett Browning-

"Silence is the best response to a fool." -Elizabeth Barrett Browning-

FineLinen

"Be loving. And if you don't feel loving, then simply be kind. Kindness is just love in her daily clothes." -Alexandra K. Trenfor-

FineLinen

“The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.” ― Alexandra K.Trenfor-

FineLinen

"Why, what is to live? Not to eat and drink and breathe,—but to feel the life in you down all the fibres of being, passionately and joyfully." -Elizabeth Barrett Browning-

“I heard the laughter of God in the midst of me and within the world, and all was suddenly changed. Old patterns and ideas were shattered and passed away — a new loveliness of LIFE was exposed to view.” -Walter C. Lanyon-

FineLinen

"God is like the sun at high noon, always giving all he has."-A.J. Gossip-

"You will not stroll into Christlikeness with your hands in your pockets, shoving the door open with a careless shoulder. This is no hobby for one's leisure moments, taken up at intervals when we have nothing much to do, and put down and forgotten when our life grows full and interesting... It takes all one's strength, and all one's heart, and all one's mind, and all one's soul, given freely and recklessly and without restraint." -A.J. Gossip

FineLinen

"The supreme need in every hour of difficulty and distress is for a fresh vision of God. Seeing Him, all else takes on proper perspective and proportion." -G. Campbell Morgan-

FineLinen

"Flies, worms, and flowers exceed me still."- Isaac Watts-

"I would not change my blest estate for all the world calls good or great." - Isaac Watts-

Jerry Shugart

"In no other sphere save that of religion do men of intelligence and culture willingly subject their minds to delusions. The historic Church once tried to compel belief that this planet was the fixed centre of the solar system; but who believes it now? Men cannot be made to believe that water runs uphill, or that five and five make anything but ten. In no other sphere can they be induced to stultify reason and common sense. But in religion there seems to be no limit to their credulity." - Sir Robert Anderson

FineLinen

“Rome is burning, Jesus says. Drop your fiddle, change your life and come to Me. Let go of the good days that never were - a regimented church you never attended, traditional virtues you never practiced, legalistic obedience you never honored, and a sterile orthodoxy you never accepted. The old era is done. The decisive inbreak of God has happened.”

― Brennan Manning, The Ragamuffin Gospel: Good News for the Bedraggled, Beat-Up, and Burnt Out

FineLinen

"The secret of Christianity is in being. It is in being a possessor of the nature of Jesus Christ." -John G. Lake-

FineLinen

"There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why." - William Barclay-

FineLinen

“True faith rests upon the character of God and asks no further proof than the moral perfections of the One who cannot lie.” -A.W. Tozer-

“We can afford to follow Him to failure. Faith dares to fail. The resurrection and the judgment will demonstrate before all worlds who won and who lost. We can wait.” -A.W. Tozer-

FineLinen

"We IMPART joy, blessing, praise, life, strength, healing and love.

The word "impart" has two main meanings:

1) to make known or to disclose (e.g., to impart knowledge);

2) to bestow a measure or quantity of (e.g., to impart happiness)

Both of these can be done by words - either written, or spoken, and both of these forms of using words readily apply to our life with God.

But more than this, we constantly impart who we are to those around us. We impart our moods and feelings; we impart our personality and character.

Of vital consideration is the imparting through our thoughts and prayers.

The most commonly used word for prayer in the Greek NT is "proseuchomai" --

"Eu" means "well, ease, and well-being;" the "chomai" is what makes it a verb. The "pros" is a prefix which basically means "toward."

So praying is "toward-eu-ing." It is thinking, speaking or mentally projecting "toward things being well, or toward well-being."

Through our spirits and our words, we project and thus impart to other people, and to situations, throughout creation, and, to God Himself.

Care should be taken concerning the "words of our mouths, and the meditations of our hearts."

-Jonathan Mitchell-

FineLinen

"The true way to be humble is not to stoop until you are smaller than yourself but to stand at your real height against some higher nature that will show you what the real smallness of your greatest greatness is.” -Philips Brooks-

FineLinen

"Don't shine so that others can see you. Shine so that through you, others can see HIM." -C. S. Lewis

"Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties." -C. S. Lewis-