ECT Question for everyone who says "There's only ONE gospel in the Bible"

john w

Hall of Fame

john w

Hall of Fame
Jesus had an earthly ministry, he taught the rules and guidelines for he Last Will and Testament/Covenant, and then he died, shed his blood on the cross for that covenant.

Wills and Testament about about what a person wills and gives to the inheritors.

Jesus tells us all what to do to be in the testament/covenant, and he tells us what we will receive.

'If' and 'unless'...

Those who obey will receive the Holy Spirit and eternal life.

Spam. Rabbit trail. Create a moving target. Non responsive-evasive:

Given the gospel of Christ, as outlined in 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, to wit, the foundation being....

The Death
The Burial
The Resurrection

Can one be saved, by:

-denying that Christ rose from the dead.

-not knowing that Christ rose from the dead

turbosixx

There's a ton of people on TOL who believe there's only one gospel, but how many replied? Three?

I believe the one gospel is what Paul proclaimed.

Acts 17:3 explaining and proving that it was necessary for the Christ to suffer and to rise from the dead, and saying, “This Jesus, whom I proclaim to you, is the Christ.”

musterion

I would love to pursue this line of reasoning but isn't this off topic for this thread?

No, it's exactly in line with it. I'm just asking for clarification.

I stated what I believed the "one" gospel to be. Was I correct?

All I'm asking is this:

I requested opinions on what THE good news is.

You said "Jesus is the Christ" is THE good news. I assume you mean it's the content of saving faith...the good news that saves. You would not be the only person to believe that. Many do.

If so, it's what Catholics, Mormons, and most on TOL believe, and by that measure anyone who says "Jesus is the Christ" would be saved because they believe THE good news.

You say that's not true, that Catholics are not saved...even though they believe what you said is THE good news.

I'm just asking why they aren't saved, if "Jesus is the Christ" is THE good news.

turbosixx

No, it's exactly in line with it. I'm just asking for clarification.

All I'm asking is this:

I asked for opinions on what THE good news is.

You said "Jesus is the Christ" is THE good news. I assume you mean it's the content of saving faith...the good news that saves. You would not be the only person to believe that. Many do.

If so, it's what Catholics, Mormons, and most on TOL believe, and by that measure anyone who says "Jesus is the Christ" would be saved by that good news.

You say that's not true, that Catholics are not saved...even though they believe what you said is THE good news.

I'm just asking why it isn't true, if "Jesus is the Christ" is THE good news.

I believe it isn't true because of what I read in the bible. There are around 12 conversions in the bible. When we read we can understand what people were taught, believed and did to become Christians. None of those conversions look like what catholics practice, they changed it. Did they have to authority to change it? I say no.

God's Truth

Evasive. We know that. I did not ask that.

Did he preach the death, resurrection, before it occurred? Chapter, verse.

Can one be saved, by denying that Christ rose from the dead?

Evasive. We know that. I did not ask that.

A person has to die before the inheritors inherit.

God's Truth

Spam. Rabbit trail. Create a moving target. Non responsive-evasive:

Given the gospel of Christ, as outlined in 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, to wit, the foundation being....

The Death
The Burial
The Resurrection

Can one be saved, by:

Jesus died and rose again IN THE TIME OF THE FOUR GOSPEL BOOKS.

musterion

I believe it isn't true because of what I read in the bible. There are around 12 conversions in the bible. When we read we can understand what people were taught, believed and did to become Christians. None of those conversions look like what catholics practice, they changed it. Did they have to authority to change it? I say no.

That does not explain how Catholics, etc, can believe (and they do believe it) what you identified as THE good news, but not be saved by it. So how is it good news?

turbosixx

That does not explain how Catholics, etc, can believe (and they do believe it) what you identified as THE good news, but not be saved by it. So how is it good news?

Sure it does. You're trying to understand it from your viewpoint.

Have you considered why God gave us examples of people becoming a Christian? They heard the message that Jesus was the Christ and we can see their response to the gospel message. Their response agrees with what Jesus taught on how to make Christians. That is not how the rcc makes Christians.

musterion

Sure it does.

No it doesn't.

You're trying to understand it from your viewpoint.

I'm trying to get you to explain your self-contradiction.

Have you considered why God gave us examples of people becoming a Christian? They heard the message that Jesus was the Christ and we can see their response to the gospel message. Their response agrees with what Jesus taught on how to make Christians. That is not how the rcc makes Christians.

That says nothing.

If "Jesus is the Christ" is THE good news, the Catholics and many others who believe that SHOULD be saved.

If you're right that it is THE good news, why wouldn't they be?

Else it isn't really THE good news.

Which is it?

God's Truth

No it doesn't.

I'm trying to get you to explain your self-contradiction.

That says nothing.

If "Jesus is the Christ" is THE good news, the Catholics and many others who believe that SHOULD be saved.

If you're right that it is THE good news, why wouldn't they be?

Ask me I'll explain it and straighten you out about it.

john w

Hall of Fame
Jesus died and rose again IN THE TIME OF THE FOUR GOSPEL BOOKS.

Continual non responsive-evasion.

The Death
The Burial
The Resurrection

Can one be saved, by:

Did Peter preach the death, resurrection, before it occurred? Chapter, verse.