Question/discussion for Dr. Brumley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wessex Man

Only reason I used them as a comparison is because of the shared border. Maybe, I should have said Alaska/Canada?
The best comparison is the IRA/Northern Irish republicans and the Northern Irish loyalists.

They are involved in similar situations. Much near-historical wrong(that is relevant to the land in question.) was done to the Palestinians and the Northern Irish republicans and they have a right to feel very pissed off and I often can't quite bring myself to ever treat them as the bad guys per se. But on the other what is done is done and it isn't really the fault of many living in Ulster or Israel and both the republicans and the Palestinians can't do much about their situation so should try and find a compromise solution. The two-state solution in the Israel/Palestine conflict.

Wessex Man

Probably the best example that I can think of is Northern Ireland.

The only way we got peace over there was by the british being willing to pull forces back and the IRA being willing to give up terrorism. It ain't there yet, but it is miles better than it was.

Regards
T.
Darn you got there first.

Oh well I mentioned a few things you didn't relating to the near-historical situation that effects each. The Irish were invaded and oppressed and the Palestinians were basically kicked out of their own country, with the Jews going from 8% of the population in 1918 to a majority in 1948.

But as I said, and you said, that is done and as much as it stops me personally feeling the Palestinians are wrong to be pissed off a compromise needs to be found because they are getting nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.