Question/discussion for Dr. Brumley

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Mainly, I want to see his answer for this (and maybe discuss it further). But, anyone else is free to give their opinion. Whether I answer their posts or not is another story. :chuckle:

Dr. B, what do you think Israel should do about the Palestinian suicide bombings and Hamas rocket launchings? You seem to be of the opinion that Israel is wrong for taking any action (just my view after reading your posts on this topic). If Mexico started sending suicide bombers and launching rockets into the US, what should our response be, especially if the ones launching the rockets we intermingling with civilians?

drbrumley

Mainly, I want to see his answer for this (and maybe discuss it further). But, anyone else is free to give their opinion. Whether I answer their posts or not is another story. :chuckle:

Dr. B, what do you think Israel should do about the Palestinian suicide bombings and Hamas rocket launchings? You seem to be of the opinion that Israel is wrong for taking any action (just my view after reading your posts on this topic). If Mexico started sending suicide bombers and launching rockets into the US, what should our response be, especially if the ones launching the rockets we intermingling with civilians?

Thanks for the questions. I will do my best to answer by tonight, but I am kinda busy right now.

But while we wait, what should the Palestinians have done when they are blockaided in for months, and treated like scum of the earth? What should they have done when Israel subverts the will of the Palestinian people by basically staging and helping divide the people now arming Fatah? Who legitimently lost to Hamas in the election cause they were corrupted.

All I can say it is going according to plan.

Israeli's do not take a poop without a plan. And this has been in the works since at least the surprise victory by Hamas in the election.

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I just got home. So, I will relax a bit and then answer you later tonight or tomorrow. :)

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I didn't realize that Egypt wouldn't let fellow Arabs come into their land. I wonder why....

Is that why they said they would fight with every last drop of blood back in 1948, because they knew Israel would blockade them? How interesting.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Just my 2 cents and I'll leave it back to doc but......I don't think US/Mexico is a good comparison to Israel/Palestine.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Is that because Mexico doesn't shoot RPG's at civillians after La Migra puts up road blocks?

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Just my 2 cents and I'll leave it back to doc but......I don't think US/Mexico is a good comparison to Israel/Palestine.

Only reason I used them as a comparison is because of the shared border. Maybe, I should have said Alaska/Canada?

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
But while we wait, what should the Palestinians have done when they are blockaided in for months, and treated like scum of the earth?

Why were the Palestinians blockaded, to begin with? They were blockaded because of the suicide bombings. I know that, if I were living in an area where I didn't know whether I would survive my next bus ride or shopping trip because a suicide bomber might show up, I would be grateful to my government for deciding to limit the comings and goings of the people who were doing the bombings and supporting them. Freedom and safety come with a price. If all are free, we have to worry about some safety issues. If all are safe, we have to worry about some freedom issues.

What should they have done when Israel subverts the will of the Palestinian people by basically staging and helping divide the people now arming Fatah? Who legitimently lost to Hamas in the election cause they were corrupted.

I don't know much about that. I know that this conflict has been going on for decades. I've heard many stories from people on both sides of the conflict (Israel/Palestine) and I've heard stories from people on both sides of the conflict between Hamas and Fatah. For the most part, I try to remain neutral. But, when it comes to the Israel/Palestine conflict, I have a hard time doing so. I hear or read news stories about a suicide bomber and then the next week I hear reporters castigating Israel for going after those who support and/or train the bombers.

Like I said in the other thread, I've never once heard of Palestinian suicide bombers going to a military outpost and blowing themselves up. It's always in places with high concentrations of civilians. And, Hamas are not launching rockets at military outposts. They launching rockets into residential neighborhoods. Yes. Israel tends to kill more civilians when they strike back. But, that will happen when your enemy hides among civilians, trying to keep from being discovered.

This Charming Manc

I dont think anyone could claim the palestinaisn are innocent parties in this.

but neither can i see how nayione cans ee the isrealis as innocent parties here.

We are seeing a descending spiral of violence here with fault on both sides, both sides waging war against civilians (by targeting or unrestrained use of excessive firepower), both sides showing little interest in finding negotiated settlement, both sides suffering sgnificant civilian caussalties.

Some are irked by the bullying tatics of the vastly superior isreali machine and the complete support it gets from american administartions, even when engaging in questionable practices.

Others are irked by the paletsines use of sucicide bombers and guerilla tactics that their use due to fighting a vastly superior force.

I dont talk for anyone else, but i would call a pox on both houses here.

drbrumley

I dont think anyone could claim the palestinaisn are innocent parties in this..

That is true.

but neither can i see how nayione cans ee the isrealis as innocent parties here..

That is also true.

We are seeing a descending spiral of violence here with fault on both sides, both sides waging war against civilians (by targeting or unrestrained use of excessive firepower), both sides showing little interest in finding negotiated settlement, both sides suffering sgnificant civilian caussalties..

Yep

Some are irked by the bullying tatics of the vastly superior isreali machine and the complete support it gets from american administartions, even when engaging in questionable practices..

Yep

Others are irked by the paletsines use of sucicide bombers and guerilla tactics that their use due to fighting a vastly superior force..

Yep. I might add though since the early 1900'swhen actually this whole thing started, Israeli's (Stern Gang, Irgun etc...)used the methods of terrorism. First in an attempt to get the Palestinians who were there to go away. That didn't work, so they graduated to terrorism on British Government buildings and people. And much to the dismay I can imagine from the ordinary farmers and villiagers already there, Those people were rewarded for this and given a state of their own backed by billions of dollars at that time. But also good to remember. They already had an army Israel did. Even before they existed, they had an army. The Arab States at that time, then attacked and were soundly defeated by a country less than a year old, hell less than a month old. So natuarally, the palestinians picked up on that and used terrorism themselves since the world looked the other way. I have films made in the 1940's of the deplorable conditions then of these people, where the only ones to help them were the Red Cross and other humanitarian agencies. I do blame palestinians for picking up the bad habits of Israeli's. I understand why they did it, but I don't agree with it.

I dont talk for anyone else, but i would call a pox on both houses here.

And we agree.

Truppenzwei

Supreme Goombah of the Goombahs
LIFETIME MEMBER
As the OP seems to have been missed I thought I'd ask it again.

Dr. B, what do you think Israel should do about the Palestinian suicide bombings and Hamas rocket launchings?

SaulToPaul 2

The doctor has appointments all morning and a 2pm tee time.
We'll have to wait until this evening for his answers. :)

drbrumley

Mainly, I want to see his answer for this (and maybe discuss it further).

:up: Even though I have answered this in many places already.

Dr. B, what do you think Israel should do about the Palestinian suicide bombings and Hamas rocket launchings?

The first step is genuine repentance. Someone has to take the first step. Not once has Israel apologized for their actions, now or at any moment after the 1900's. Except what we hear from them is how nasty and unwanted all Palestinians are. How they are a bunch of dogs. While I do not like Jimmy Carter, he came the closest of anyone to get them to do that. It is pretty simple to see why Hamas or the palestinians in genearl will not recognise Israel. Israel has a right to exist, Hamas knows this deep down, but how can I say that of somebody who says I have no rights either? It makes it really hard.

You seem to be of the opinion that Israel is wrong for taking any action (just my view after reading your posts on this topic).

Actually, both are wrong and both are to damn prideful to admit mistakes made. The Torah and the Quran both teach that it is an eye for an eye. And they both live according to that. Yet Israel throws the rest of the Torah in the garbage can. There is no denying that. But this is what happens when all they know is to inflict punishment upon the other.

If Mexico started sending suicide bombers and launching rockets into the US, what should our response be, especially if the ones launching the rockets we intermingling with civilians?

If that is what happened and that's it, then we would be right to attack them back. But that example is nowhere near the history between these two groups. As I have mentioned in other posts, the history between Isreal and the palestinians are far more complex.

Look forward to having a good discussion with you.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Only reason I used them as a comparison is because of the shared border. Maybe, I should have said Alaska/Canada?

I don't think using them would be good either. The reason I don't believe it is a good comparison is because the situation between the Israelis and Palestine is completely different from our relations with Canadia or Mexico.

The Berean

I don't think using them would be good either. The reason I don't believe it is a good comparison is because the situation between the Israelis and Palestine is completely different from our relations with Canadia or Mexico.

Frickin' Canada unleashed Celine Dion on America! That right there is an act of war! :CRASH:

Truppenzwei

Supreme Goombah of the Goombahs
LIFETIME MEMBER
Probably the best example that I can think of is Northern Ireland.

The only way we got peace over there was by the british being willing to pull forces back and the IRA being willing to give up terrorism. It ain't there yet, but it is miles better than it was.

Regards
T.

Status
Not open for further replies.