ECT Q for those who believe in salvation by grace thru faith in Christ w/o works

Q for those who believe in salvation by grace thru faith in Christ w/o works

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Interplanner

Justification is God declaring that you are righteous because Christ's righteousness has been credited to your account. Why a person would not change their mind and heart because of such a gift is hard to understand, but some do.

Justification from sins deals the the debt of it, not the change from it or stoppage of it.

Danoh

Justification is God declaring that you are righteous because Christ's righteousness has been credited to your account. Why a person would not change their mind and heart because of such a gift is hard to understand, but some do.

Justification from sins deals the the debt of it, not the change from it or stoppage of it.

Too bad that many on here who agree with you against MADs on other aspects of MAD do not agree with you/us that..."by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast" - Ephesians 2:8.

Just about everyone on here who agrees with you against other aspects of MAD insists THEIR works treadmill is the only way to eternal life.

That is an eternal...tragedy.

ZacharyB

Truly loving Jesus, and truly appreciating what He has done for me,
leads me to obey His commandments ... which is w/o works!

So-called "Christians" who are NOT in this place are to be truly pitied.
One reason being explained in Hebrews 3 ...
disobedience proves disbelief (i.e. unbelief, w/o belief, etc.).

musterion

Truly loving Jesus, and truly appreciating what He has done for me,
leads me to obey His commandments ... which is w/o works!

Which commandments are those, specifically?

So-called "Christians" who are NOT in this place are to be truly pitied.
One reason being explained in Hebrews 3 ...
disobedience proves disbelief (i.e. unbelief, w/o belief, etc.).

The Galatians and Corinthians, many of them, were quite disobedient yet Paul called them saints.

You've got the wrong dispensation.

musterion

"The Christian life is not merely a converted life nor even a consecrated life, but it is the Christ-life. It is the consuming desire of the Lord Jesus to reincarnate Himself in the believer." -R.P.

That means death, and death means cessation from work and freedom from Law.

Interplanner

Being willing is the key phrase. It does not point to perfection in this area, just willingness. The spirit of God creates that wherever he is at work through the Gospel.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
As long as a member of the Body of Christ is still alive, they will commit sin. However, in our "position" in Christ, we're seen as sinless before God because of what Christ did on the cross. There is no judgment/condemnation for a true believer.

Interplanner

As long as a member of the Body of Christ is still alive, they will commit sin. However, in our "position" in Christ, we're seen as sinless before God because of what Christ did on the cross. There is no judgment/condemnation for a true believer.

Amen, although I hate the sterile theological term 'position'--a real non-communicator. Do you mean legal position? You should. Justification is about that--the debt of past sin. Next year's past sins will be slightly different but we will need justification each day.

Interplanner

"In justification, God accepts us as we are; but once justified, we cannot stay as we are." --Trobisch. I disagree with the 75%.

Danoh

"In justification, God accepts us as we are; but once justified, we cannot stay as we are." --Trobisch. I disagree with the 75%.

There you go; ever anemic when it comes to quoting the Scripture, but falling all over yourself in your rush to quote your "scholars."

Here, let me show how simple it is to quote EVERY Believer's SOLE authority in ALL matters of faith; Matt. 4:4; 2 Timothy 3:16-17.

You ready?

Here ya go...

Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: 5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Romans 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. 5:11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

"Easy, peezy; Japa-neezy" - Brooks Hatlin, The Shawshank Redemption, 1994.