Purposeful Obedience to God is The Issue.

Jenkins

Jesus said that He was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

You are tremendously confused.
Why was the NT written only for Gentile and Jewish Believers? The NT cannot be understood other than through the Holy Spirit in those who Believe in Jesus as the crucified and risen Son of God. That excludes the people at the Sermon on the Mount.

Jenkins

Jesus said that He was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

You are tremendously confused.
You speak merely by declaration without evidence. Correct this misunderstanding which you claim to see. Otherwise, pay attention to what is said to you.

Hoping

Banned
So you do not agree with Jesus' Command in Matt. 5:16, "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works."

Looks like your priorities need to become compliant.
I do agree with Jesus on this and all topics.
Didn't Jesus also say not to do your "giving" for the glory from men? (Matt 6:1-2)
And don't let the left hand know what the right hand is giving? (Matt 6:3-4)
Paraphrases, for sure, but if you really want to know about my giving, just PM me.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You speak merely by declaration without evidence. Correct this misunderstanding which you claim to see. Otherwise, pay attention to what is said to you.

Hypocrite.

Bradley D

Just curious here, are you within your study efforts able to mark actual progress?

I read and study the best I can, having all the opportunity, time, freedom, and resources imaginable. Yet, I still come up rather blank on most of Scripture after a couple of years. I am constantly praying, and according to David Ps.62:8 "Pour out my heart constantly."
My spiritual progress at times seems to go backwards. I continue on and will not quit. My only hope in in the Lord!

Jenkins

I do agree with Jesus on this and all topics.
Didn't Jesus also say not to do your "giving" for the glory from men? (Matt 6:1-2)
And don't let the left hand know what the right hand is giving? (Matt 6:3-4)
Paraphrases, for sure, but if you really want to know about my giving, just PM me.
I understand. It is all about Pick & Choose to support your nominal aphorisms.

Jenkins

My spiritual progress at times seems to go backwards. I continue on and will not quit. My only hope in in the Lord!
This concept of "diligently searching for God" is crucial, yet escapes me. So many places in Scripture have narratives to show people with minimal comprehension and compliance receiving massive responses from either The Father or Christ Himself.

Bradley D

This concept of "diligently searching for God" is crucial, yet escapes me. So many places in Scripture have narratives to show people with minimal comprehension and compliance receiving massive responses from either The Father or Christ Himself.
This is a book I read from everyday. It has helped me with my spiritual journey.

https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › The_Imitation_of_Christ

The Imitation of Christ, by Thomas à Kempis, is a Christian devotional book first composed in Medieval Latin as De Imitatione Christi ( c. 1418–1427).

Hoping

Banned
I understand. It is all about Pick & Choose to support your nominal aphorisms.
If a verse applies to a topic, I will certainly pick, and choose, to use it.
In this thread, I pick, and choose, not to glorify myself.

Jenkins

This is a book I read from everyday. It has helped me with my spiritual journey.

https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › The_Imitation_of_Christ

The Imitation of Christ, by Thomas à Kempis, is a Christian devotional book first composed in Medieval Latin as De Imitatione Christi ( c. 1418–1427).
Catholic theology caries far too falsehood to be incoherent. Worship of Mary, transsubstantiation, Postmillennialism, Satanistic symbology, Political agendas, endemic pedophilia, works Salvation, Purgatory, Inquisition atrocities and murder, Jesuit filth, wealth portfolio, secrecy, genocide upon detractors.

These issues remain unresolved in light of God's Word.

Bradley D

Catholic theology caries far too falsehood to be incoherent. Worship of Mary, transsubstantiation, Postmillennialism, Satanistic symbology, Political agendas, endemic pedophilia, works Salvation, Purgatory, Inquisition atrocities and murder, Jesuit filth, wealth portfolio, secrecy, genocide upon detractors.

These issues remain unresolved in light of God's Word.
I'm not Catholic, but I still like his spiritual writings.

Old Hat

Can you post a few of those many examples, please?

Jenkins

Can you post a few of those many examples, please?
In Mark 9 the Father of a demonized boy Jesus healed.

The Woman at the Well.

Disciple Peter before Christ's Arrest.

Zacchaeus

Nicodemus

The Two "Fools" on Road to Emmaus

The Apostles hiding in a room after the Resurrection.

Peter, James, John witnessing Jesus' Transfiguration.

All these were in ignorance and weakness before Jesus spoke and acted unto them.

Old Hat

In Mark 9 the Father of a demonized boy Jesus healed.

The Woman at the Well.

Disciple Peter before Christ's Arrest.

Zacchaeus

Nicodemus

The Two "Fools" on Road to Emmaus

The Apostles hiding in a room after the Resurrection.

Peter, James, John witnessing Jesus' Transfiguration.

All these were in ignorance and weakness before Jesus spoke and acted unto them.
I guess I'm just confused about what the point of your comment was initially.

All these examples are people who Jesus dealt with Himself.

God says weakness is a virtue in His eyes.

As far as ignorance, I don't see how that fits all these examples.

Your original comment...

"This concept of "diligently searching for God" is crucial, yet escapes me. So many places in Scripture have narratives to show people with minimal comprehension and compliance receiving massive responses from either The Father or Christ Himself."

... seems to suggest that 'diligently seeking God' is pointless because God sometimes acts upon those who aren't necessarily seeking Him. But in many of the examples we are not given any information about the individuals' level of faith or seeking of God.

The Bible doesn't refer to the two friends on the road to Emmaus as 'fools' at all, on the contrary. They were among the disciples/apostles when Mary Magdalene, and the other women, told everyone what happened at the tomb of Jesus. In fact, when Jesus inquired of them, their response showed a reverence for Christ and a knowledge of who He was and what He was all about.

"And they said unto Him, Concerning Jesus of Nazareth, which was a prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people: ..."
Acts 24:19

The Bible repeatedly makes the case that we should diligently seek God with all our heart.

I'm having trouble understanding what your case is against that is all.

Last edited: