Protests in Europe: anti-mask

eider

US media won't report on this but Europe is in revolt against lock downs and mask mandates.

Dear oh dear.......
'Europe in revolt'?
You wish!

The vast majority of folks here are supporting their government's decisions. I have seen a single incident about mask wearing in 12 months.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Dear oh dear.......
'Europe in revolt'?
You wish!

The vast majority of folks here are supporting their government's decisions. I have seen a single incident about mask wearing in 12 months.
You didn't bother to click on the link that ffreeloader provided in the OP and read it did you?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Dear oh dear.......
'Europe in revolt'?
You wish!

Sigh. Quit bragging. I acknowledge your country is superior in this aspect as well as a few others.

ok doser

Dear oh dear.......
'Europe in revolt'?
Yes
Read the article
You wish!
What a bizarre thing to say
The vast majority of folks here are supporting their government's decisions.
Of course. The vast majority of folks everywhere are content to be blind sheeple.
I have seen a single incident about mask wearing in 12 months.
And yet ffreeloader gives you a link to an event that happened in London and a dozen other countries LAST SATURDAY and you pretend it didn't happen

Gary K

Banned
Sigh. Quit bragging. I acknowledge your country is superior in this aspect as well as a few others.
So you think the attributes not thinking for one's self and believing whatever a government chooses to say are superior to thinking critically and checking up on the honesty and forthrightness of politicians, bureaucrats, and big business. In other words you think holding government and business accountable for what they say and do is reprehensible.

Liberty and independence are things you do not like.

Gary K

Banned
Yes
Read the article

What a bizarre thing to say

Of course. The vast majority of folks everywhere are content to be blind sheeple.

And yet ffreeloader gives you a link to an event that happened in London and a dozen other countries LAST SATURDAY and you pretend it didn't happen
That's nothing new in Eider's behavior. He's been doing that since he's been here. He's an expert at make believe.

ok doser

So you think the attributes not thinking for one's self and believing whatever a government chooses to say are superior to thinking critically and checking up on the honesty and forthrightness of politicians, bureaucrats, and big business. In other words you think holding government and business accountable for what they say and do is reprehensible.

Liberty and independence are things you do not like.
Rusha is erratic and unpredictable. Generally you can understand her statements and beliefs as being rooted in her irrational hatred of the Republican party and Trump. If this anti-mask thing, anti-vaccine thing was totally divorced from American politics I can't begin to predict what her beliefs would be because the beliefs that she does hold are so immutably wedded to her political hatred of the right.

And of course that is rooted in her reliance on mainstream media to tell her what to think.

Eider and rusha are both uncritical consumers of TV news

chair

US media won't report on this but Europe is in revolt against lock downs and mask mandates.

"Thousands, and possibly tens-of-thousands of protesters across Europe"

How many Europeans are there?

ok doser

About twice the population of America.

Should we then discount the "insurrection" at the Capitol because there were only a couple hundred people there?

eider

How does making an observation about folks in my area amount to bragging?
There have been riots in Bristol about Covid restrictions but I've never even seen a single person making a fuss about a covid rule.

eider

Hundreds of millions! :)

The worst demonstrations that I've seen here are in the Netherlands. But trouble in Bristol last Sunday was very bad.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How does making an observation about folks in my area amount to bragging?
There have been riots in Bristol about Covid restrictions but I've never even seen a single person making a fuss about a covid rule.
It doesn’t ... I was just adding some light sarcasm/humor to a fact we can both acknowledge. Your leadership cares about saving lives. We didn’t get that until a year after the pandemic. The only reason I haven’t relocated to your country is because relocation is too expensive.

ok doser

It doesn’t ... I was just adding some light sarcasm/humor to a fact we can both acknowledge. Your leadership cares about saving lives. We didn’t get that until a year after the pandemic. The only reason I haven’t relocated to your country is because relocation is too expensive.
So the hatred that controls you isn't limited to Trump it extends to the whole country.

Please - pray fervently to God to release you from these demons that control you.

eider

I'm sorry Rusha, my humour app wasn't switched.
Sorry again.

We made so many mistakes in the beginning, and several during this crisis.

If we had known what we know now...... 20-20 vision... :)

eider

No reason to ignore- but there is no reason to exaggerate the scale of tje protests either
Things are looking a bit better here.
But in Europe... Dreadful new spikes and yet another mutation of Covid. If a mutation branches that is immune to vaccines it will be a disaster.

The 50+ folks here will be vaccinated by Saturday week, so 30 million have received a first Vax now.