Proof that Paul didn't preach a different gospel than Peter

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
In a previous thread started by heir, heir closed the thread because she knows that 2 Peter 3 completely destroys her "two gospel" theory.

Here is the post that upset heir so much, that she closed the thread:

Paul said the following to the Galatians:

(Gal 1:8 KJV) But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

Peter also wrote an epistle to the Galatians:

(1 Peter 1:1 KJV) Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,

According to heir, Peter's epistle to the Galatians is a different gospel than Paul's epistle to the Galatians.

But, Paul tells the Galatians if anyone preaches a different gospel he preached to them, that they are to be accursed.

So, pretend your a Galatian in Galatia circa 55AD. A letter comes to your city from the Apostle Paul, and the letter says that if anyone preaches a different gospel, they are to be accursed. Then a letter comes to your city from Peter (that heir claims is a different gospel).

If what heir claims is true, then Peter, and anyone who preached what Peter sent to the Galatians would be accursed if it was really a different gospel (heir's claim)

So, it's impossible that Peter and Paul preached different gospels to the Galatians. Yet, that is what heir claims.

heir likes to quote 1 Cor 15:1-4, but she apparently doesn't read past verse 4

(1 Cor 15:11 KJV) Therefore whether it were I or they, so we preach, and so ye believed.

Reactions: Lon

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
(2 Peter 3:15 KJV) And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

Peter is telling the Galatians that Paul had previously written to them.

Yet, heir claims that the Galatians Peter is writing to are being preached a different gospel than Paul preached, despite Peter clearly telling the Galatians that Paul has previously written to them.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The Galatian congregation was Christian and Paul was speaking to them not to be influenced by Judaizers who claimed they must be circumcised and keep the law.

SaulToPaul 2

Romans 15:19 Through mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God; so that from Jerusalem, and round about unto Illyricum, I have fully preached the gospel of Christ.

Romans 15:20 Yea, so have I strived to preach the gospel, not where Christ was named, lest I should build upon another man's foundation:

Romans 15:21 But as it is written, To whom he was not spoken of, they shall see: and they that have not heard shall understand.

Danoh

(2 Peter 3:15 KJV) And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

Peter is telling the Galatians that Paul had previously written to them.

Yet, heir claims that the Galatians Peter is writing to are being preached a different gospel than Paul preached, despite Peter clearly telling the Galatians that Paul has previously written to them.

The absence of all you have left out that your two and two equal four is about as fully informed as one of those shameful smear campaigns most politicians engage in around election time.

In this, you are either being knowingly dishonest, or your recurrently made obvious doctrine as one learned from the traditions of men not only betrays your ignorance of the Scriptural narrative once more, but reveals just how incapable of studying these issues out in Scripture the reasoning of men your books are based on, has left you.

Then again, what can one expect of one such as you; who asserts that "Jesus returned in 70AD" because your books assert that same error.

In this, your every word is impossible to respect with anything other than amazement at the arrogant ignorance that is yours.

Put your books away. Get in, and stay in...The Book.

SaulToPaul 2

(1 Cor 15:11 KJV) Therefore whether it were I or they, so we preach, and so ye believed.

1 Corinthians 15:12 Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?

Acts 2:24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.

Mocking You

According to heir, Peter's epistle to the Galatians is a different gospel than Paul's epistle to the Galatians.

But, Paul tells the Galatians if anyone preaches a different gospel he preached to them, that they are to be accursed.

So, pretend your a Galatian in Galatia circa 55AD. A letter comes to your city from the Apostle Paul, and the letter says that if anyone preaches a different gospel, they are to be accursed. Then a letter comes to your city from Peter (that heir claims is a different gospel).

If what heir claims is true, then Peter, and anyone who preached what Peter sent to the Galatians would be accursed if it was really a different gospel (heir's claim)

So, it's impossible that Peter and Paul preached different gospels to the Galatians. Yet, that is what heir claims.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but it seems to me you need to show that Peter's gospel/instructions/epistle to the Galatians differed from Paul's gospel/instructions/epistle to the Galatians.

Maybe the subject matter they each covered was different.

Or do you suppose Peter wrote to them and said, "Paul's gospel is accursed"?

Ben Masada

The Galatian congregation was Christian and Paul was speaking to them not to be influenced by Judaizers who claimed they must be circumcised and keep the law.

Do you mean Paul was teaching the Galatians how to be outlaws? You must know that above the Law only God is, law-abiding citizens are those under the Law and, those who don't keep the Law are obviously the outlaws.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Romans 15:19 Through mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God; so that from Jerusalem, and round about unto Illyricum, I have fully preached the gospel of Christ.

Romans 15:20 Yea, so have I strived to preach the gospel, not where Christ was named, lest I should build upon another man's foundation:

Romans 15:21 But as it is written, To whom he was not spoken of, they shall see: and they that have not heard shall understand.

The verses you quote do not address the OP.

The OP makes it clear that both Paul and Peter wrote epistles to the Galatians.

Paul told the Galatians that if anyone preaches a different gospel, they are to be accursed.

Peter tells the Galatians that Paul had previously wrote letters to them.

Yet, you want us to believe that after Paul wrote letters to the Galatians, Peter came and preached a different gospel to them.

If what you claim is true (it's not), then the Galatians would have had to accurst Peter based on what Paul told them.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
1 Corinthians 15:12 Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?

Acts 2:24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.

Desperation on your part.

We're discussing Paul's and Peter's epistles to the Galatians.

The church at Corinth was on a different continent than the church in Galatia.

You claim Peter preached a different gospel to the Galatians than the gospel Paul preached to the Galatians.

Why don't you actually address what Peter said in 2 Peter 3?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I don't have a dog in this fight, but it seems to me you need to show that Peter's gospel/instructions/epistle to the Galatians differed from Paul's gospel/instructions/epistle to the Galatians.

I'm saying both Paul and Peter preached the same gospel to the Galatians.

MADists such as STP & heir claim Paul preached a different gospel to the Galatians than Peter preached to the Galatians.

Maybe the subject matter they each covered was different.

It was different.

That doesn't mean it was a different gospel.

Or do you suppose Peter wrote to them and said, "Paul's gospel is accursed"?

I wouldn't be surprised if that's what STP and heir think.

As I said, if Peter preached a different gospel to the Galatians, then according to Paul's epistle to the Galatians, Peter would have been accursed.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Do you mean Paul was teaching the Galatians how to be outlaws?

Outlaws? No, Paul was teaching that the law given through Moses was not for Gentiles. If by outlaws you mean those without the Mosaic law then that is simply your way of looking at Paul's teachings.

Paul explains that God is not the God of the Jews only.

Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith apart from the deeds of the law. Or is He the God of the Jews only? Is He not also the God of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also since there is one God who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through faith. (Romans 3:28-30 NKJV)​

john w

Hall of Fame
That's pretty funny coming from a Darby follower.

So far, including you, not one Dispensationalist has actually addressed 2 Peter 3

The loser had to get that "Darby" spam/puzzler in, as the punk can't defend his "one piece of good news" in the bible "invention," so he inevitiably, being the good closet Catholic that he is, throws up his "Hail Mary."

That's your best shot, Craigie? So impressive.

john w

Hall of Fame
Desperation on your part.

We're discussing Paul's and Peter's epistles to the Galatians.

The church at Corinth was on a different continent than the church in Galatia.

You claim Peter preached a different gospel to the Galatians than the gospel Paul preached to the Galatians.

Why don't you actually address what Peter said in 2 Peter 3?

You claim that your saint Judas preached the gospel/good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV.

Why is that, Preterist Perverter Craigie?

Not a peep, as he won't go "one on one" with the great saint John W., knowing that I'll pick him apart.

Ben Masada

Outlaws? No, Paul was teaching that the law given through Moses was not for Gentiles. If by outlaws you mean those without the Mosaic law then that is simply your way of looking at Paul's teachings.

Paul explains that God is not the God of the Jews only.

Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith apart from the deeds of the law. Or is He the God of the Jews only? Is He not also the God of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also since there is one God who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through faith. (Romans 3:28-30)

Have you ever read the Law aka the Decalogue? The major part of the Decalogue is about the Law for both Jews and Gentiles. If you obey it, you are free of charge. That's the Mosaic Law.

Most definitely, God is the God of the whole Earth but, because the children of Israel were the first to choose Him for their God, we have become known as God's children.

Man is justified by his obedience to God's Law. Hence, James said that faith without the works of the Law is akin to a body without the breath of life. Really dead, Jamie.(James 2:26) Therefore, neither by faith nor by circumcision are we justified but by the Law. Just happened that circumcision was included for the Jews, and faith only was commanded by Paul. (II Cor. 5:7)

john w

Hall of Fame
"I am not here to teach, instruct, evangelize, or advise anyone."-Preterist Perverter Craigee Tet.

"Thread"/spam of Craigie shut down. The end. Closed.RIP. DOA.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
As we see, every time a Dispensationalist makes a post, the Dispensationalists completely ignores 2 Peter 3.

It's very telling how the Dispensationalists keep ignoring what is actually written in 2 Peter 3.

Mocking You

I'm saying both Paul and Peter preached the same gospel to the Galatians.

MADists such as STP & heir claim Paul preached a different gospel to the Galatians than Peter preached to the Galatians.

OK. But how do you know what Peter wrote to the Galatians regarding the gospel?

In 2 Peter 3:15 Peter says, "just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him."

There's no indication that what Paul wrote is the same as what Peter wrote. The phrase "just as" could be taken both ways: Paul wrote the same thing, or Paul wrote something different.

Furthermore, Peter says that Paul wrote with the wisdom God gave to him. This could mean that God revealed something different to Paul than he did to Peter. Or not. Hard to tell.