Proof that Paul didn't preach a different gospel than Peter

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
After listening to the gospel preached by the Apostles of Jesus, the impression Paul was left with was that the Apostles were preaching about a different Jesus and, for that matter, he considered them as false apostles. (II Cor. 11:4 -6, 13)
Paul found a theology that helped him understand Jesus' mission.

The illiterate fishermen who followed Jesus around were not theologians. They did not use concepts like "died for our sins" or saw Jesus as divine. That interpretation came later.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
heir likes to quote 1 Cor 15:1-4, but she apparently doesn't read past verse 4

(1 Cor 15:11 KJV) Therefore whether it were I or they, so we preach, and so ye believed.

I'd like to know which part of 1 Cor 15:1-4 Peter didn't preach.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
There are not five gospels. There is one gospel and many peoples who preached it.

You would rather put yourself above a writer of the scriptures than admit you are wrong.
Wait a minute. You are offering a subjective interpretation.

I try not to put myself above anyone. I am honest and admit that I do not know if I am right or not. I just study the Bible and then try to learn what a particular verse meant to its original author.

Only then can I apply it to the world today.

Some call Paul's letters a "gospel." I was trying to be fair and understandable to the fellow believes who call his preaching a "gospel."

They deserve respect and positive regard the same as anyone else.

Danoh

Been there, done that many times - regrettably, trying to clear these things up to supposed "Messianics" will get one about as far as the art of Aikido as a supposed self-defense art will in actual street fights.

Was it B.Lee that had referred to such arts as organized despair?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Been there, done that many times - regrettably, trying to clear these things up to supposed "Messianics" will get one about as far as the art of Aikido as a supposed self-defense art will in actual street fights.

Was it B.Lee that had referred to such arts as organized despair?

Are you admitting that unlike Paul, Dispies are beating the air?:eek:

Jerry Shugart

There is only one gospel, and that is the Sacrificial Lamb died for the sins of the WORLD.

Only by believing a gospel is a person saved. And believing that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, saves:

"But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name" (Jn.20:31).

We can also see that those who believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God are born of God.

Are you willing to argue that this "good news" which saves is not a gospel?

God's Truth

I do. Mary was a virgin in terms of a young woman ready to carry a babe. That's called in Hebrew "Almah". An "Almah" can be married and have babies. She ceases being an "Almah" when she can conceive no more. The Physical virgin is called "Betulah". That was not the case with Mary.

The virgin according to Isa. 7:14 is a reference to Israel which is confirmed by Amos 5:2 and the child called Immanuel was Judah if you read Isa. 7:14, 15, 22 and 8:8.

...But you said Paul fabricated Jesus not having a biological father.

Read Matthew and Luke. You will be able to read there too how Jesus does not have an earthly biological father.

God's Truth

Paul found a theology that helped him understand Jesus' mission.

The illiterate fishermen who followed Jesus around were not theologians. They did not use concepts like "died for our sins" or saw Jesus as divine. That interpretation came later.

The Jews knew what a sacrificial lamb was for.

John 1:29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

God's Truth

Wait a minute. You are offering a subjective interpretation.

I try not to put myself above anyone. I am honest and admit that I do not know if I am right or not. I just study the Bible and then try to learn what a particular verse meant to its original author.

Only then can I apply it to the world today.

Some call Paul's letters a "gospel." I was trying to be fair and understandable to the fellow believes who call his preaching a "gospel."

They deserve respect and positive regard the same as anyone else.

There are not five gospels, as you said.

God's Truth

Only by believing a gospel is a person saved. And believing that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, saves:

"But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name" (Jn.20:31).

We can also see that those who believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God are born of God.

There is only one gospel, and the gospel is believe on Jesus Christ to be saved.

Jerry Shugart

There is only one gospel, and the gospel is believe on Jesus Christ to be saved.

All you did was evade my question.

Here it is again:

"But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name" (Jn.20:31).​

God's Truth

Here it is again:

"But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name" (Jn.20:31).​

There is only one gospel.

How do you get that that scripture is another gospel?

heir

TOL Subscriber
In a previous thread started by heir, heir closed the thread because she knows that 2 Peter 3 completely destroys her "two gospel" theory.
I closed the thread to stop snakes like you from derailing/hijacking a good thread.

Anyone who can count and who does not have an agenda can see two gospels in this one verse which supports more than one gospel in the Bible.

Galatians 2:7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;

heir

TOL Subscriber
Romans 15:19 Through mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God; so that from Jerusalem, and round about unto Illyricum, I have fully preached the gospel of Christ.

Romans 15:20 Yea, so have I strived to preach the gospel, not where Christ was named, lest I should build upon another man's foundation:

Romans 15:21 But as it is written, To whom he was not spoken of, they shall see: and they that have not heard shall understand.

yep

heir

TOL Subscriber
1 Corinthians 15:12 Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?

Acts 2:24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.
yep again!

heir

TOL Subscriber
Those scripture confirm each other.
They all preached resurrection, is the point!

1 Corinthians 15:11 Therefore whether it were I or they, so we preach, and so ye believed.

1 Corinthians 15:12 Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?

1 Corinthians 15:13 But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:

1 Corinthians 15:14 And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.

1 Corinthians 15:15 Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not.

Jerry Shugart

There is only one gospel.

How do you get that that scripture is another gospel?

Here it is again:

Jerry Shugart

The Jews knew what a sacrificial lamb was for.

John 1:29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

Why would John use the present tense (takes away sin) if he was referring to what was going to happen at the Cross.

And if the Jews knew that the Lord Jesus was going to die to take away sins then why did those closest to Him not even know that He was going to die (Lk.18:33-34)?